The Island of Lost time

Started by Bekah Boo, July 18, 2018, 03:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bekah Boo

The Island of Lost time

It was supposed to be just a school trip..

The end of the year class trip to the Bahamas for the graduating class that had worked tooth and nail to earn enough funding to make such a trip a real blow out, their last hurrah before graduation and their lives all taken into different directions as it often does...

It was supposed to be their last time to make memories they could remember back fondly of and yet....

It had turned into a nightmare.

Only a few students manage to survive the wreckage over sea as their plane was struck by the fearsome storm that had erupted, the darkness swallowing around themselves as they grasped for whatever they could, the terror of waves threatening to sweep them under as heavy rainfall makes looking for any other survivors almost impossible. Bobbing helplessly for hours those others who managed to survive the initial crash are subjugated to the monsters of the ocean itself, some picked off instantly while others manage to stay conscious enough until their strength ran out and drowned.

Many lives were lost within a blink of an eye, but for those who survived would find themselves soon adrift on the shores of an unknown island; a possible safe haven? Or are there more dangers lurking within than they are aware of?

So because I am apparently an glutton for self punishment I decided on another group idea I've had tinkering in the back of my head for a while, as I have only one other group story and it's going fairly well. By no means am I an expert yet, though I figured I would give another one a chance. That being said, I will not tolerate drama.The first little snippet of it I will not hesitate to kick people out. In the past I've seen drama completely tear a story apart, so please for the sake of common decency just try to be respectful to others okay? If there are any issues don't hesitate to message me and I will clear up the matter quickly.

For the story itself thanks to a wonderful friend of mine, he suggested an idea that would really make this story come to life. The island itself is an anomaly that within it's shores time seems to all bit cease; a blind spot of the universe you could say. Things on the island grow naturally but in a way that would seem strange to outsiders, plant life takes only half a day to harvest, animals grow to adulthood by a week's time. This is all due to time almost on it's head and therefore concepts like day and night occur at the same time with the moon and sun always visible overhead but never truly moving which makes actual gauging of time itself near impossible. Even at the shore line waves do not crash against the sand rather the crisp waters are at a stand still, like a reflective mirror of ocean to see the sea life below creeping along though to venture further into the depths to escape the time freeze is equally impossible due to an angry storm just at the horizon that never seems to cease.

The group of survivors will be all female as they venture into the wild wilderness of the island they discover they are indeed not alone, as unknown to them the only other living inhabitants of the strange place are men; but clearly not of their time. Trapped themselves the men come from the year of 1920, a group of travelers who washed ashore and found themselves much in the same state as the young women washed ashore, as like themselves all those who visit the island are untouched by time itself and do not seem to have aged since.

So that's the idea of a group of females meeting men whom have been trapped on the island for who knows how long, that should they find themselves with their aide? Or do the men find surviving much more important?

To be decided ;3

As far as posting length I want to maintain at least 3 to 4 paragraphs if not longer as my normal rules apply to this as well; no one liners and god moding. I want to create a story full of emotion and depth, so posts should be detailed and be much more than sheer reaction if it can be helped. Any OOC chatter will be in it's own thread that I will set up as the main thread is nothing but IC posts.

I live in South Carolina so my time zone may vary compared to others, that being said I tend to post in the later afternoon going to the wee hours of the morning as I tend to not sleep all that well. Some posts may need to be paused in order to get into a routine though that doesn't mean we skip over due to an inactive partner. There may be posts that can further explain your own until we can move the story along, but try and be courteous to others given we are all in different time zones. That said as well I at least want one post a week from all players, nothing too extreme but any inactivity longer than an week unless stated will result in a character being taken out in some form.

As always all are welcome so don't be shy, as well as if anyone has anything to add do message me as I don't bite too hard ;3
This story in particular would more so focus on characters growing and developing as they try to not only survive but also try to find a way off the island safely, that it will be more plot orientated than smut.Not to say smut is discouraged but know it is not the main focus here, in the future there may be a separate thread for scenes sexual in nature if there is enough want for such.Besides there might be some dark secrets the island holds, so wandering off too far might be a deadly consequence *bwahaha*

If interested please message me with the sheet as well as any other questions you may have. If accepted I will message privately, so do not bother me on the matter. This is merely an interest check for the time being as if there is enough serious players involved I will be making the other threads such as the OOC and IC in due time. Along with the character sheet I will require a sample post, to narrow the decision. I am aware that having a certain word number and sample posts may seem a bit much but I have had issues in the past complicate things so I am cracking down on those who wish to join, that if I feel they are not a good fit I will politely tell them so. If I offend anyone I do not mean such, simply it has come to this and I have no other way around it.
Please list in this sort of format:

[img height=350]Your image here![/img]
[b]Player Name:[/b]
[b]Character name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] Obviously they're graduating so the age will be at least 18 but no more than 20 for obvious reasons
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Orientation:[/b] Note any orientation is accepted
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Character details:[/b]A rough summary/ distinguishing traits/ etc
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Items:[/b]Note they can't take everything due to the sudden crash, but small items that are accepted; just make it believable

Obviously with this being a class of graduating seniors there is the need to have each character know one another to some degree, whether it be best friends/crushes/boyfriend or girlfriend the sky's the limit! I will say that there is room for at least one to be sort of distant from everyone else, but let's not make the entire group of them all antisocial introverts shall we? Also room for a jerk, there's always one right? xD

Do note though I am capping the amount of players to 4 females and 5 males; so an even 10 should be a good amount to get us going.
As well as character sheets, if there are any questions feel free to ask them here and I will answer as best as I can. Thank you and all be well.
Please message me all Character sheets, as I don't want to clutter up the interest check. Questions and such can be posted here however so don't be shy ;3

Bekah Boo

**Revamped with additional rules and changes**

xPeachyPuff

I would be interested in taking a female role if possible! (: I really like the concept idea and I think it would be really cool to write ^_^

Bekah Boo

Quote from: xPeachyPuff on July 18, 2018, 08:27:03 PM
I would be interested in taking a female role if possible! (: I really like the concept idea and I think it would be really cool to write ^_^

Awesome ;3
Just send me a character sheet and we should be in business ;3

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Bekah Boo on July 18, 2018, 08:31:47 PM
Awesome ;3
Just send me a character sheet and we should be in business ;3

I'll work on it c: Does the sample post need to be from the character you're writing or can it be anything?

Bekah Boo

Quote from: xPeachyPuff on July 18, 2018, 09:45:23 PM
I'll work on it c: Does the sample post need to be from the character you're writing or can it be anything?

No worries there’s no rush at all ;3
It can be anything really, I’m doing it more so to see how everyone’s flow is as far as writing. As much as smut and such is fun I really want a certain degree of story telling and character development.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Bekah Boo on July 18, 2018, 09:56:01 PM
No worries there’s no rush at all ;3
It can be anything really, I’m doing it more so to see how everyone’s flow is as far as writing. As much as smut and such is fun I really want a certain degree of story telling and character development.

Of course. Completely understandable (:

Bekah Boo

For the time being those who are interested may place their bare bones character sheet here so I can keep up with it, as some of the finer details (mostly regarding friendships/knowledge of the girls and how they know one another) can be worked out at a later time.

Bekah Boo

Player Name: Bekah Boo
Character name: Celeste 'Leste' Anarhbor
Sex: Female
Orientation: Heterosexual
Height: 5'5
Weight: 120
Character details: Always wearing a cheeky smile even when upset, wears layered clothes and often noted as having somewhat of a 'hobo' style. Her fiery red hair is her most telling feature along with bright jade eyes.
Personality: Most often Celeste is seen as being aloof and having her head in the clouds, hardly as even being serious she counters every situation with a joke and crack of a smile. Being the artistic soul she is Celeste sees beauty in the most mundane of things, often salvaging 'garbage' as she creates works of art in her mind. For the most part she is probably the most laid back of students considering as she does her best to stay out of drama, that even when she's pulled into it, she'll most likely laugh at any sort of put downs and simply shrug it off in an uncaring fashion. Above all though she does at least care for those around her even if it doesn't seem like it at times, that when push comes to shove she's often the first one on the front line to shove her foot where it's needed; or a face.
Items: Silver locket with a picture of her and her father when she was young, empty zippo she fiddles with at all times

Bekah Boo