And They Call Him Sandy Claws... [Interest Thread]

Started by Autumn Sativus, November 30, 2016, 10:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn Sativus

I'm looking for 20 players for a Nightmare Before Christmas inspired round of Mafia.
I'm planning to begin sometime right around the middle of December and will hopefully pick up Winter Wonderland v3.0 afterward.

As a very basic rundown of what's to come, here are the base roles I think I'd like to work with.
Aside from the conditions in which the game is altered outlined below, I won't toy with the game this time. ;)

Goodies
  • Jack - Jack is secretly working with Dr. Finkelstein to try to save Christmas from Oogie and the gang. If Jack dies, so does the Doctor, and vice versa,
  • Sally - Always watching from her window, Sally can see what you are doing at night. Targeting one player per night, she can see any actions done to them (who performed these actions will not be given) or by them during the night phase.
  • 4 Town Toys - No special role.
                    Baddies
  • Oogie Boogie - Can't be seen by Sally (result will be that the target did not perform or receive any action).
  • Dr. Finkelstein - Is secretly working for Jack to undermine the project Oogie and the minions are pushing to steal Christmas.

So, I suppose with that... Interest?

1. Beguile's Mistress ✔
    2. Bibliophilia ✔
    3. Rel Mayer ✔
    4. James Moriarty ✔
    5. Persephone325 ✔
    6. Rapt ✔
    7. yugi006 ✔
    8. Aiden ✔
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

James Moriarty

Verasaille

This looks intriguing. Can I get a bit more clarification on the rules and roles?

This is a Mafia game, so I take it that the baddies know who each of the other baddies are and the good guys are clueless?

I do not understand the Jack and Dr. Finkelstein roles. Are they aware of each other?

Jack - Jack is secretly working with Dr. Finkelstein to try to save Christmas from Oogie and the gang. If Jack dies, so does the Doctor, and vice versa,

Dr. Finkelstein - Is secretly working for Jack to undermine the project Oogie and the minions are pushing to steal Christmas. (so he is a spy who knows all the baddies? What stops him from blowing the whistle?)

I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Ryven

Quote from: Verasaille on November 30, 2016, 11:40:36 PM
This looks intriguing. Can I get a bit more clarification on the rules and roles?

This is a Mafia game, so I take it that the baddies know who each of the other baddies are and the good guys are clueless?

I do not understand the Jack and Dr. Finkelstein roles. Are they aware of each other?

Jack - Jack is secretly working with Dr. Finkelstein to try to save Christmas from Oogie and the gang. If Jack dies, so does the Doctor, and vice versa,

Dr. Finkelstein - Is secretly working for Jack to undermine the project Oogie and the minions are pushing to steal Christmas. (so he is a spy who knows all the baddies? What stops him from blowing the whistle?)

I think they are a pair of roles who are trying to win on their own agenda.  Basically be the last two left standing.

KatKwik

Update: Tentatively Posting~Updated A/As: October 2017

Autumn Sativus

Quote from: Verasaille on November 30, 2016, 11:40:36 PM

Yes. ;D

Yes! They will know who the baddies are, and thus who the goodies are. The goodies should have Sally - and quite possibly Jack depending on how the relationship with Dr. Finkelstein works out - to provide them with some information.

Jack and Dr. Finkelstein are working together to win the game. They have to be the last two standing for this ending, but can also win with their teams individually if this condition isn't met. And they would be aware of each other yes. This is typically viewed as the 'lovers' in mafia standard.
Us against the world

Verasaille

Sign me up. I would like to know all of the rules, since I cannot find anything on the boards about the standard Mafia rules. I have only played a few of these. Some werewolf, and some Resistance.

This is Holiday time, so hopefully everyone has time to post.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

yugi006

Kanrya

Aiden

Autumn Sativus

Quote from: Verasaille on December 01, 2016, 01:01:29 AM
Sign me up. I would like to know all of the rules, since I cannot find anything on the boards about the standard Mafia rules. I have only played a few of these. Some werewolf, and some Resistance.

This is Holiday time, so hopefully everyone has time to post.
I'm definitely not going to start the game without posting the rules, I promise! ;D
Us against the world

persephone325

This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Bruja

Bibliophilia

Ooo...I'm totally interested.  I love anything to do with NBC, and Mafia games are fun.

Phoenixrisen

~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

Deamonbane

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Autumn Sativus

Okay! I am thinking I would be able to start anytime now, but I will leave it another day to see if we can fill up a few more spots.
Us against the world

persephone325

Quote from: Saffron on December 15, 2016, 05:25:18 PM
Okay! I am thinking I would be able to start anytime now, but I will leave it another day to see if we can fill up a few more spots.

Thank you. I'm still recovering from my surgery.
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Autumn Sativus

Sorry guys, I've been super sick. Blah. I'm hoping to start this up sometime during the week when I'm feeling better, hopefully everyone's still here!
Us against the world

Beguile's Mistress

Verasaille

yugi006

Hope you are feeling better Saffron. I can wait but still here.

Bruja

Rel Mayer

persephone325

Works out well cause I'm still recovering from my surgery, too! lol

*sends hugs and well wishes* Get well soon, Lady Saffron. <3
I don't know.