Post Apocalyptic

Started by Sabby, April 08, 2008, 04:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

I wanna go system. Never have before. Thats why I posted this here.

Basic outline. A bleak future after some sort of disaster has left a high technology society in ruins and rebuilding. So things like self biomodification, vehicles, weaponry and cybernetic implants are all possible, but in urban and more open areas where power still doesn't exist and machinery lays dorment.

All the cliches would be here. As for a story, I could definitely make something good... if theres interest.

Xillen

Post Apocalyptic is always nice, and I would defenitely be interested as a player, if I could somehow keep it on my plate (main reason why I won't volunteer as GM).

Did you have a system in mind?

Stattick

I'd be interested in post apoc as well... it's one of my favorite things.  ;D

I don't think I'll be up to running. There's only one game that I'm currently running, and I only pitched it because it's systemless. I'd be slooowww if I had to deal w/ a system on top of everything else, and I kinda feel like I'm not doing enough GM posts in my game as it is.

I'm particularly fond of Cine-Unisystem for a game system. It's not all crazy crunchy like D&D (any incarnation, but especially the 3.x's), HERO, or GURPS, but not all fluffy mushy no-real-system-at-all like Wushu. But hey, if I'm not running the darn thing, and someone wants to help me write up a character, I'll likely play even if it's in a system I don't care for. Unless it's WUSHU. WUSHU actually pulls me out of character immersion, because I have to think about what I'm writing and how I'm writing it just to make sure that there's enough details written to attempt my action, and that just kills my skill, my writing, and aggrevates the holy hell out of me. Plus I don't like putting a bunch of back slashes in my writing to indicated details.
O/O   A/A

Hunter

You've never played Rifts then, I take it?   :P

Stattick

No, I have. Massive pain in the ass to generate characters. However, unlike dnd 3.x, i could actually manage chargen by myself for Rifts. Also, as far as combat goes, Palladium is a pain to deal with. There's so many different modifiers, and many of them are conditional. There's a reason why I've been moving away from Pally and heading toward Uni. But if someone really wanted to run it w/ Pally as the system, I'd be willing to do it. However, I wouldn't really recommend it, as there's a lot of people that I've run into that would just automatically run the other direction if Pally (of whatever variety) was mentioned as the base system. If you're looking for a pain in the butt system to run, dnd 3.x would be a better choice as it would scare away fewer potential players, irregardless of my disdain for 3.x.
O/O   A/A

SerpentKiss

I once played in an rp called the the Morrow Project...didn't know there was an actual system based off it though

SerpentKiss

Egads, I didn't know it was an actual real RP-type thing. I'm gonna have to spank the girl who introduced that to me...but if you're thinking of running it as a Morrow Project type thing, Sabbat, I'm in

Sabby

A lot of that flew over my head... I'm a system virgin :P so theres no way I can GM. Basically, I'm approaching this as a player. The system = no idea... whats the options? Plot? Hmmm... lemme think.

I had one idea coming along... there was supposedly a project underway before The Collapse. So far, I'm counting the Collapse as the loss of power and communications through out the world, and the insueing choas destroyed much, but today, many areas have functioning power and communications, just not every where.

Anyway, the project... very rough idea, but a generator was made, under top secrecy, even from the world leaders. A generator that somehow could harness unlimited, clean, efficient energy. The facility was completely independent of world power, so when the Collapse came about, it survived, and lays dormant, just waiting to be activated, and restore the world to functionality.

Once again, it needs fine tuning, so bare with me. So as far as a system goes... what are my options.

The technology and the powers and such also need fleshing out.

Xillen

Quote from: Sabbat on April 09, 2008, 05:20:55 AMbut today, many areas have functioning power and communications

Not really up my league, and with more Post-Apocalyptic games being initiated, I'm stepping out of this one.

SerpentKiss

I'd suggest checking out the link I sent you Sabbat

Sabby

This game = Ded

I'll go along with the Fallout game :) I've gotten to the second town in Fallout 2 if that helps...