Deleting profile?

Started by Sophina, July 26, 2008, 04:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophina

I'm just curious: I'm not really interested in continuing on EL, so to free up the DB space (and the username) I thought it would be polite to delete my profile. Could someone tell me how to do this? :)

Bliss

O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Haibane

Georgine, I have PM'd you.

My worry is, if an account is deleted, its posts (and so it's games) will be too. I do not want that to happen. Our game was the most amazing game I have played at E and I would like it to remain. And the username can't be reused surely... your old posts need to stay and these would bear that username...

As I said, I'm a bit confused, please answer my PM.

Thank you.

Trieste

I believe usernames stick around until a mass clean-up (which happens like once every 2 years, I think). 'Tis up to the V-man.

Haibane

At which point... what would happen? The dead usernames posts would be deleted?

Moondazed

I don't believe the posts actually disappear, I think the username just doesn't have a link to a profile, but I'm not positive about that.
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Trieste

I think so. *nods to 'Dazed*

Sophina

That sounds good.Thanks for everyone's replies! :)

Vekseid

Quote from: moondazed on July 26, 2008, 06:56:59 PM
I don't believe the posts actually disappear, I think the username just doesn't have a link to a profile, but I'm not positive about that.

This is correct. I don't delete approved members, generally. It orphans posts and too many people just say they're quitting in order to make a new account in order to avoid someone who usually figures it out anyway /rant >_>

Haibane

Okay, as long as the great game we had stays up... I'm very disappointed of course, but it's your decision Georgine - have fun wherever you go and whatever you do. Bye! *hugs*

Xillen

If an account is deleted, won't all posts made by that account be considered "Guest" posts (even though they're on boards where Guests of course are not allowed)?

And Trieste, if I recall correctly, a mass cleanup only affects unapproved members.