Connection Issue Via Cell Phone

Started by Mr Self Destruct, November 22, 2009, 10:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Self Destruct

So I got me a new phone...specifically, the LG KP500 or 'Cookie'.  It's a nice phone, and though there are some bugs I've found with it, the web use is decent.  So, whilst exploring the web via my mobile, I decided to check out Elliquiy, and see how the site looked on my small screen.

Well, the site loaded fine to the main page, and I clicked 'friend' to enter.  I was brought to a screen that showed the Important Stuff, Gaming and Roleplaying, and General Chat sections of the board.  Below that was a link to Login, and after filling out my username and password credentials, I clicked login.

Well, after about 5 minutes, my request keeps timing out.  I'm not sure what the problem is...any techie guru's out there have any suggestions?  I'm not on a 3G network, rather EDGE, which is slower, but still not bad.  I don't think that's the issue, though I don't have the knowledge to know for sure.

Dakota

Scott

You could download Opera-mini, it's a free java based mini browser. Elliquiy on your phone looks like Elliquiy on any computer, everything works except for posting in the SB, and a cell just isn't going to update fast enough to keep up with it.

Edit: I forgot, if your on Verizon you it won't let you download opera-mini, they suck like that.

Mr Self Destruct

Well, I tried the WAP connection, and got the same problem.  It waits for a few minutes, and then I get a Connection Failed message.  I tried Opera, but for some reason, it can't connect to my network.  I don't have Verizon, however, but Centennial Wireless as my service provider.  I hope they're not the cause of me being blocked, especially with what I pay them per month. 

Vekseid

They might be blocking POST requests. Do you have trouble logging in anywhere else?

Mr Self Destruct

How would I know if I did?  I can log into Facebook fine, but I can't check my Gmail email on my phone.

Vekseid

Mr Self Destruct

I gave it a shot, and had the same problem.  I got two different error messages this time, however: the first was Connection Failed, and the second was Request Timed Out.  I don't know if that makes a difference or not.  And thanks for everyone's help, by the way. 

What really kills me about this is that on my Samsung Mantra prepaid cell by Virgin Mobile, I had no problem accessing Elliquiy.  Now, here I am on my touch screen monthly plan phone, and can't access it...gotta love the irony here. >.<

Vekseid

Well if it's the server's fault, you will generally see the 500 error.

Kip

I've found that the upgraded site takes a lot longer to load on my iPhone but I didn't use the wap link (although I have before and I may have to from now on).

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

HockeyGod

I use a direct connection on my Palm Pre and haven't had any problems pre and post operation...er...upgrade.