Important Announcement if you use Myth-Weavers!

Started by Oniya, February 07, 2017, 02:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

Staff has been made aware that sometime very early on February 7th, 2017, Myth-weavers.com suffered a catastrophic data loss.  The most recent backup they were able to restore was from July 25, 2016.  Sheets that were created after that seem to have been lost.  Sheets created before that appear to have been rolled back.  We are aware that many system gamers here use this site for character sheet storage. 

If you have viewed the page recently (i.e., before the data loss, but after the date of the backup, you may be able to retrieve it from your browser's cache-files:  http://www.pcworld.com/article/2927447/how-to-view-recent-webpages-when-youre-offline.html.  Be aware that you will need to disconnect from the Internet to avoid over-writing the cache file.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Skynet

I seemed to have missed this when I posted it in Off-Topic. All the same a post by a Mod will get more attention.

All the same, this is very bad news. From now on all of my character sheets are gonna be saved in Word Docs and PDFs; can't trust online storage anymore.

Keelan

I actually lost all 47 of my sheets, irrecoverable since I use C Cleaner

Anyone have a good alternative to MW for sheets hosting ?

Machete

I've used Character Sheet in the past. However, that site has a very limited selection of sheets.

greenknight

Quote from: Keelan on February 08, 2017, 11:40:50 AM
I actually lost all 47 of my sheets, irrecoverable since I use C Cleaner

Anyone have a good alternative to MW for sheets hosting ?
Your harddrive or the wiki. You can upload .pdfs and create a page for your char's if you prefer a .doc type file. Plus, linkage in a post to a file on the wiki is dead reliable.
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=46150

LuckyLukin

I was on a site called RPGcrossing.com that is very similar to myth weavers.  Actually found Elliquiy through one of the members on there.

AmberStarfire

I think I had one or two sheets up there from years ago, but it sounds like they might've been removed anyway a while back.

It's a pity they weren't able to back up everyone's sheets further. :(

RubySlippers

They are working on it and think they are adding in security features, since I'm disabled they are the best option for me to do sheets for non-wod games. So still need to use them.