How I Met Your Mother: Quicksilver

Started by undisclosedtoyou, March 03, 2013, 11:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1SAZ

*eats a cookie*

Again, it's quite alright. Since I was undecided, this just helped me make up my mind. Plus, you'll have to deal with goofy relationship advice with possible references to movies. Bwahaha!

*eats more cookies*

Alysanthia

Quote from: 1SAZ on March 04, 2013, 11:58:08 PM
Plus, you'll have to deal with goofy relationship advice with possible references to movies. Bwahaha!

Awesome. I could just see this happening....

"Is he your Han Solo?" "No... More like my Luke, which makes it even worse!" *Sobsobsob*

1SAZ

That or something akin to:

"Remember, just because he has wavy blond hair and saved your life doesn't mean you should kiss him. Get a paternity test first." *long pause* "Metaphorically speaking."

In any case, it should be fun. Now to write up a character!

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Alysanthia on March 04, 2013, 11:28:09 PM
And now this is headcannon for this game. Thanks Dis, thanks. xD

Ermahgerd! More people, yay!

You are forever welcome, my dear!  *Throws more evil plot bunnies at you*

And more people, I know, how awesome is that?!

Your plotting makes the evil part of me so happy!  Alas, it's late, and I have to get up for work early, so I shall retire for the evening.  I'll be online tomorrow, so if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask here or via PM.  Goodnight everyone.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Wargtass

Hmmmm. Yes, this does look interesting. Have been wanting to get away from action-games for a while now. Color me interested!

I'll try out for the Playboy, perhaps take him another route than the Barney Stinson we know and love. I don't think I could even pull off being Barney-esque.  :P
O/O

CarnivorousBunny

My favourites are Lilly and Barney.  Both of them are strong, decisive, care for their friends, and are absolutely ridiculous :D

I suppose the only things left now are perfect couple roles.
Which makes me feel this is a little more difficult.  I could play someone akin to Lilly in the sense that this character is a mother hen....
Are we expected to make our characters as loud and boisterous as they are portrayed in the show? Or are we just throwing our unsuspecting characters in to strange situations like the episode where Lilly and Martial end up faced with the coco-a-mouse?
Or both?
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

Alysanthia

Quote from: CarnivorousBunny on March 05, 2013, 05:48:34 AM
My favourites are Lilly and Barney.  Both of them are strong, decisive, care for their friends, and are absolutely ridiculous :D

Which makes me feel this is a little more difficult.  I could play someone akin to Lilly in the sense that this character is a mother hen....
Are we expected to make our characters as loud and boisterous as they are portrayed in the show? Or are we just throwing our unsuspecting characters in to strange situations like the episode where Lilly and Martial end up faced with the coco-a-mouse?
Or both?

I wanna say that we are free to make our characters how we like but they are in that role.

I'm playing The Romantic, but she's not really like Ted (especially since she doesn't have a penis.) So I'm guessing we'll be able to play them as we like.

And if I'm wrong...

*Jedi hand wave.*

This is not the answer you are looking for.

Craz

I'm certainly interested, though unfortunately, I don't think there's enough roles for me to squeeze in...Darnations. This looks a ton of fun. And there are damned bunnies running around.

Wargtass

Since it's by application and not first come first serve you can technically apply for just about any role you want to.
O/O

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Wargtass on March 05, 2013, 03:07:06 PM
Since it's by application and not first come first serve you can technically apply for just about any role you want to.

Wargtass is certainly right!  The only roles that are not up for grabs are the tomboy, which is the role I'll be playing, and the Romantic, since I gave Aly her dibs privileges.  Everything else is currently at a - submit your character sheet in,  and I'll choose which fit the roles better - situation.  That being said, I have gotten in an application for the male part of the perfect couple, and from the looks of it, I think I'll be approving it today.  Which leaves Playboy, and the female part of the "perfect couple," although I can make that a male spot to if it is so preferred.  I am open to adding one more role, but your character idea has to really intrigue me.

Also, if you don't get one of the main roles, we are going to advertise for secondary characters, which aren't any less important, although they may not be as long lasting as the main roles.  These secondary characters would be spots such as, love interest's, and family members.

Quote from: CarnivorousBunny on March 05, 2013, 05:48:34 AM

Or both?

Ha, they're my favorite to!  You definitely win brownie points!  Aly is correct in saying that you may play your character any which way you like, keeping in mind that this is more comedy than angst...an angsty character might make me put on my angry face, lmao.  Also, hell yes, expect to plot out hilarious and mind boggling situations, like the allusive, yet frightening coco-a-mouse!

Quote from: Wargtass on March 05, 2013, 02:45:49 AM
Hmmmm. Yes, this does look interesting. Have been wanting to get away from action-games for a while now. Color me interested!

I'll try out for the Playboy, perhaps take him another route than the Barney Stinson we know and love. I don't think I could even pull off being Barney-esque.  :P

Oooh, I will definitely look forward to reading your application for playboy.  And do not worry, you do not have to create a carbon copy of Barney :)
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Wargtass

I have a very strange idea of casting Christian Bale as the Playboy and putting Genesis and Phil Collins tracks as his theme songs... I find that hilarious at least.

I'm thinking of making him a bit more cynical than Barney, more of a sarcastic bite to him rather than the super-enthusiastic Stinson. Self-esteem remains the same, it just takes on a more jerky attitude. I'd like to keep his occupation secret for now, but imply it's a very high status and well paid one. However he seeks to escape it by spending his free time with the group. Outside onlookers might ask themselves why such nice people hang around such a jerk, but he has redeeming qualities that he reserves to his friends.
O/O

Alysanthia

Quote from: Wargtass on March 05, 2013, 05:39:06 PM
I have a very strange idea of casting Christian Bale as the Playboy and putting Genesis and Phil Collins tracks as his theme songs... I find that hilarious at least.

I'm thinking of making him a bit more cynical than Barney, more of a sarcastic bite to him rather than the super-enthusiastic Stinson. Self-esteem remains the same, it just takes on a more jerky attitude. I'd like to keep his occupation secret for now, but imply it's a very high status and well paid one. However he seeks to escape it by spending his free time with the group. Outside onlookers might ask themselves why such nice people hang around such a jerk, but he has redeeming qualities that he reserves to his friends.

As long as he doesn't chop up his conquests afterwords we'll all be comfortable around him I'm sure.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Wargtass on March 05, 2013, 05:39:06 PM

Arg, that movie was so successful in weirding out it's audience, lmao.  I heard that there's a sequel out there, although technically it could probably work as a stand alone film.

As long as he's a funny jerk, I'm a-okay with him being sarcastic and jerky :D  Also, yes!  I loved that Barney's job was always a mystery, so it would be great to see in this version of the playboy. 

Quote from: Alysanthia on March 05, 2013, 05:49:48 PM
As long as he doesn't chop up his conquests afterwords we'll all be comfortable around him I'm sure.

Yessss, please no chopping up of people, lol.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Alysanthia

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on March 05, 2013, 05:55:07 PM
Arg, that movie was so successful in weirding out it's audience, lmao.  I heard that there's a sequel out there, although technically it could probably work as a stand alone film.

Yeah the sequel is more 'meh' compared to the first one. It stars Mila Kunis, some parts are okay but over all... Bleh better to watch the original than it.

1SAZ

Character Sheet

Name: Tyler Gray
Nicknames: Ty, Yoda, Triple 8, The Highlander (see below), MacGray (Play on MacGyver), Newton Burnsworth (Alias he used for fake IDs in college, still uses it from time to time)
D.O.B: August 8, 1984
Astrological Sign: Leo
Blood Type: AB
Allergies: Cats
Sexual Preference: Heterosexual
Kinks: Anal, Biting, Light Bondage, Oral
Theme Song:
Appearance

Hair Color: Black
Hair Style and Length: Short, neatly cut, though less neatly combed from day to day. He usually keeps a clean shave, and if he isn't, that's usually a sign that something is on his mind.
Eye Color: Blue
Eyesight: Farsighted. He has a pair of black framed glasses that he wears usually, except at work. When at work, he wears contacts, despite hating them with a passion reserved for countries embroiled in multi-year long wars.
Height: 6'1", though he didn't grow above 5'8" until high school.
Weight: 157 lbs.
Clothing Style: Collared shirts and jeans are his preferred clothing style, though he wears tee shirts in the summer due to what he considers the ungodly heat and humidity. Tyler also has a love for generally odd hats, usually wearing an old bowler or fez at home just for laughs. He is also a fan of canvas sneakers.
Distinguishing Marks: A birthmark on his left shoulder blade that looks oddly like a Sylvester the Cat. Ty also has a tattoo of the bat symbol on his butt from college that he never bothered to remove.
Skin Color: Fair, stemming from his mother's Irish heritage.
Body Type/Build:  Lanky and slim, Ty isn't particularly muscular or physically imposing, though that hasn't stopped him from playing the part of the tough guy for his girlfriend when she gets hit on at a bar.
Measurements: 38 chest, 34 waist, 32 inseam
Piercings: None
Voice: Soft, melodic, though with a deepness to it. When caught off guard or particularly irritated, his voice will go high pitched and shrill, much to his friend's amusement when they surprise him.

Relationships

Mother: Fiona Gray nee Donne. Tyler and his mother have always been close. Before meeting his current girlfriend, he would visit home every couple of months, much to his exes annoyance. She also has a habit of calling Tyler daily, much to his annoyance since college, when she would call at the most inoperative times. Mrs. Gray only wants the best for her son, she often tries to butt into his relationships, which has caused most of his previous relationships to fail disastrously. Currently, she is trying to break up her son from his current girlfriend, though she stays civil when Tyler is in the room.
Father: Walter Alden Gray III. Tyler's father is a work horse that constantly hassles his son for his career choices and usually tells him to get a hair cut. Walter comes from a long line of doctors, each one being named Walter to keep up the family legacy started by Tyler's great grandfather in the early 1900's. While Tyler might have been the first born son, his father didn't give him the name, believing that he would just be a disappointment. Despite all these faults, Tyler still loves his dad, and when he visits them, they throw around a baseball for old times sake.
Siblings:  Walter Alden Gray IV. Tyler's younger, over-achieving brother. Wherever Tyler would fail, Walter would succeed. Always on the honor role, Walter is currently in med school to carry on the family legacy. The brothers rarely get along, though when one of them is in need of help, the other is always right there, ready to lend a hand. Also, Walter hates Star Wars, which Tyler still holds as a point of contention between them. He also has a wife, Jessica, who is far more friendly to Tyler than her husband is.
Dana Gray. Dana is Tyler's older sister and the family's black sheep. While the brothers are usually at each other's throats about something, Dana acts as a bridge between them by being the outcast. She is hugely into the goth scene, loves Star Wars like Tyler, and plans to go into nursing at some point. When Dana is in town, it's usually to ask Tyler to meet her new boyfriend, which usually ends with the two arguing and then Dana realizing her bad taste in men once more. She looks up to Ty for having found a woman that makes him happy, and runs interference with her mother to keep her from breaking the two up.
Children: None yet, wanting to wait till he marries to have one or two.
Other Family Members: Aunt Rita. A woman that isn't really Tyler's aunt, but has been friends with his mother since before he was born. Unknown to Fiona, she was previously Walter's girlfriend before he met her. Rita often gets too fresh with Ty's father, which causes Tyler to glare at his father till he coughs and goes back to work. She is also Walter's receptionist at his practice. Everyone in the family but Tyler's mother knows the real reason she keeps the job, though no one has the heart to tell his mother.
Past Lover(s): Raven Delmarch. The ex from hell as Tyler describes her. Raven and Ty dated in high school and when they went to college, she broke up with him to pursue another person at the college. That relationship lasted three days before she tried to get Tyler back, though he said no. She proceeded to key his car and ruin his brother's wedding by showing up in her underwear and scream his name while playing Never Gonna Give You Up on a boombox. She was admitted to a mental institution soon after, but is now out and regularly finds Tyler to ask him out. She doesn't take his constant no's as hard any more, but also doesn't see them as a hard no either. She also has a habit of slapping him every time she sees him, though is completely civil to him otherwise.
Current Lover: (Leaving blank till I see the other rtj's)
Friends: (Leaving blank till I see the other rtj's)
Pets: None.

Personality

Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Animal: Falcon
Favorite Season: Winter
Least favorite season: Summer
Hobbies: Bass Guitar, Star Wars, Tinkering, Comic Books, Drawing, Biking, Baseball, Soccer
Drink/Smoke/Drugs: Ty is a recreational drinker with a soft spot for Scotch, which earned him his nickname of The Highlander when he entered a Pub run drinking tournament. The rules were that they had to drink a shot of scotch every time someone said "There can be only one", and Tyler was the only one left standing by the end of the movie. He does not smoke, and very rarely smokes pot, which is a habit he picked up in college.
How Serious are they: Far from serious, Tyler often makes light of a situation with a joke or offhanded comment. He has also been known to wear odd or unusual hats just to make people laugh, though he finds them awesome.
Independent or dependent: Dependent. While Tyler could do perfectly fine on his own, he is truly at home with his friends and loved ones, and would be completely lost without them. He is particularly dependent on his girlfriend, who he leans on for support with his current life choices.
Soft Spot/Vulnerability: Caramel and baby huskies. When Tyler is in a funk or is annoyed with his friends, a bribe of caramel often improves his disposition. And he just finds baby huskies to be adorable.
Opinion on swearing: While he tries not to swear, he does occasionally slip. In order to minimize his slips, he will substitute curse words for made up words, like substituting "damn" with "drax". This can often lead to confusion in public.
Daredevil/Cautious: Cautious, except when he's with his girlfriend. He tries to be more extroverted around her, usually to comical conclusions.
Favorite movie genre: Sci-Fi
Favorite music genre: Rock
Favorite movie: Star Wars
Favorite band/song: Incubus - Talk Shows On Mute
Fears: Drowning, Blood (he faints at the sight of blood), Alien Death Rays (he is a firm believer in them), Vampire Bats
Comforts: Caramel Hot Chocolate, Back Rubs, His Comic Collection, His Custom Lightsaber
Small Blurb: "Is there a caramel cheesecake in that room? Because if the answer is yes, we're going in there. I don't care that there is a bee hive above the door!"

History:

Biography: Tyler was born in small town Maine, something that constantly causes him to explain to people now that he is not from Canada. From a young age, Tyler had a love of comic books and reading, which was a way to escape from his father constantly telling him to be better than he was. His mother would give him a small amount of money to buy the comics, which brought them close together causing a bond that lasts to this day. When his brother was born, Tyler was happy at first, until he realized what it actually meant. While his father looked at him in contempt, he looked at his brother like a saint. As the two grew older, they developed a rivalry, though they never truly hated each other. Instead, they would just tease each other in order to get eyes on one another.

When Tyler finally got to high school, he started to become more independent, though it was really the fact that he met his first girlfriend that had him pull away from his family a bit. Where he would lean on his mother for support before, now he was constantly with Raven. This caused his mother's hatred of every girl Tyler even looked at after Raven, though she was right to hate Raven in the first place. The two got into trouble quite a bit, though the teachers knew it was Raven's influence that put Tyler in a bad place. Despite everyone telling her that things wouldn't work out, Ty being ever the optimist thought they would be together forever. What he didn't know was that Raven regularly cheated on him and merely used him for his car. In any case, Tyler continued to date her until college, at which point she broke up with him to go after the "big shot" of the school.

When she broke up with Tyler, he was devastated, but he soldiered on without her, though she didn't take his rejection when she tried to get him back well. During his third year in college, he went to his brother's wedding to his high school crush, which was crashed by Raven in a manic state. After three cops and a priest dragged her off to admit her to a psych ward, the wedding resumed with one of the greatest best man speached of all time. After all, it's hard not to have levity when your ex comes in playing Never Gonna Give You Up in her underwear. When he returned to the college, he took up drawing in his free time, also taking a few courses in art to earn some extra credits before graduation. It was then that he realized he was actually fairly good and had a change in heart about his choice of careers. However, he also knew that comic book artist didn't exactly pay a lot early on, so he continued with his courses through to law school.

After graduating, he got a job at a local law firm as a mail clerk to pay the bills while he searched for a more prominent job in law. It was on the recommendation of his employer that he try one of the corporate law firms, as they often take younger lawyers to handle their clients less serious cases. Upon this recommendation, Tyler applied to the largest firm he could find as a crap-shoot attempt. His gamble worked, and soon he was wearing a suit and tie to work every day to deal with copy right claims and disputes between hot dog vendors. He hated it, but at least the pay was good enough to keep him coming back. While working at Birch and Calder, he began sending his portfolio to various comic book publishers and news papers, doing freelance work on the side. He hopes that one day he can quit his job at B&C in order to take a full time position with a publisher, but till then, he has his friends and girlfriend by his side to keep him sane.
How they met <Fill in name here>:
Languages: English, Gaelic, Russian, Latin
Education level: Law Degree, Bachelor Degree in Pre-Law, taking classes in comic book art and writing.
Country of Origin: Maine, United States
City of Origin: Fairfield
Career/Job: Corporate Lawyer for Birch and Calder, also freelance comic artist (hoping to quit his job at the law firm to pursue comics full time)
First Job: Mail Clerk at McNabb and Sons.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Alysanthia on March 05, 2013, 06:00:27 PM
Yeah the sequel is more 'meh' compared to the first one. It stars Mila Kunis, some parts are okay but over all... Bleh better to watch the original than it.

Yeah, the first one was enough for me :D

Hahaa now I'm contemplating making a guy, to keep the ratio 3:2, male:female, like it was in the show.  But meh, if I went that route, than I'd keep everything about him, even that his writes under the pen name, Blue Bailey...his readers will just think he's a woman...>.> 

Saz's character has been approved by me, woohoo!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Wargtass

Quote from: Alysanthia on March 05, 2013, 05:49:48 PM

Now that would be a dark turn. Guess I found him a day job...  ;D

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on March 05, 2013, 05:55:07 PM

As long as he's a funny jerk, I'm a-okay with him being sarcastic and jerky :D  Also, yes!  I loved that Barney's job was always a mystery, so it would be great to see in this version of the playboy. 

Yessss, please no chopping up of people, lol.

Urgh, don't even mention the sequel. Just... dont.

Not much of a HIMYM-Playboy if he's not funny.  :P

By the way, how are we going to implement the very characteristic flashback moment?
O/O

undisclosedtoyou

Ha, I was thinking we could have a dedicated "Flashback" thread, so that people could post in it if they wanted to play out moments in the past, or if some people want to play the scenes out via PM, they can post them in that thread, and people can read them.  Of course, the details could just be plotted out between people, and it can be mentioned in post.  I'm thinking we won't go all into flashbacks, in the main IC threads, just so we can keep moving things forward.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Alysanthia

Just gonna throw this out there...

After we get to a certain number of posts, musical number. All song and dance!

undisclosedtoyou

Does that mean your girl is going to break out in song and dance?
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Alysanthia

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on March 05, 2013, 06:40:01 PM
Does that mean your girl is going to break out in song and dance?

She will go full Disney Princess song and dance.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Alysanthia on March 05, 2013, 07:41:08 PM

Hahahaha, now that would be funny!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

1SAZ

Quote from: Alysanthia on March 05, 2013, 07:41:08 PM

Is it odd that I have scenes from Enchanted playing in my head now?

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: 1SAZ on March 05, 2013, 07:58:35 PM
Is it odd that I have scenes from Enchanted playing in my head now?

No no no, I had the same thought!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Alysanthia