(NC:E, Star Wars Saga) A Diffrent Kind of Star Wars Game (Player's Wanted)

Started by Muse, November 09, 2012, 07:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muse

A long time a go in a galaxy far, far away… 

It is a time many thousands of years before the Battle of Yavin.  The world of Dendarii was discovered long ago by Republic explorers.  A world with no intelligent life, but congenial to species of humanoid form, it attracted many settlers.  Arkanians, Humans, Twi’lek’s and Zabrack were among the most numerous settlers, but any number of stranger folk established small homesteads as well.  The oceans proved pleasant, too, and a variety of amphibious folk settled along the beaches. 

Civilizatoin and industry thrived.  The Lhosan and Czerka corporations invested heavily in the world, bringing in out of system money and jobs.  Great cities rose.  Unlike Couresant, they did not swallow the planet up, but rather shared space with agricultural lands and even a few wild places. 

Then the Mandalorians came… 

The Mandalorians were known as nomadic mercenaries with a strong philosophy of self reliance and no ambitions for empire.  They changed.  Some whispered they were goaded by the Sith, but no one on Dendarii knows for sure.   

The Mandalorians descended upon Republic space in a great wave. Each planet that fell to them seemed to only increase their numbers.  Far from the center of the Republlic, Dedarii rallied its defenses quickly, knowing they might well be on their own. 

For nine months battle raged across every corner of Dendarii before they surrendered to the Mandlorians.  Rebellions continued through the ensuing years as every able bodied adult was pressed into service.  The factories were converted to produce weapons and war machines.  The young and strong were conscripted into the Mandalorian horde.  Rebellions still ravaged the planet for years to come.  The Mandalorian hordes advanced deeper into the galaxy, pulling more and more resources away from Dendarii, ‘til a string of mass bombings against their factories defeated them forever, leaving a ruined world in their place.

That was a generation ago.  Dendarii’s older people were so devastated that few are even able bodied, much less suited to the brutal world their planet has become.  Civilization is reduced to small fiefs and nomadic scavengers.  Industry is limited to primitive crafts.  The Force is a distant legend.  The wizards of this world are those who can repair or maintain the technology of old.  The gutted remains of the great cities are treasures troves of salvage, but many are haunted by still active war droids. 

Alain’s Steadfast is a small community built in the partially restored ruins of an agricultural center.  Through hard work, they maintain a surplus of food sufficient for trade.  It often also suffices to appease nomadic raiders.  They have very few intact droids, and are currently without any working vehicles.  The relative abundance of domestic animals somewhat compensate as raiders are usually more interested in their food, machines, and women. 

This is where our story begins… 

Good morning everyone.  I hope you can tell by now that this isn't a typical star wars plot.  Imagine instead such stories as The Road Warrior, the Postman, and Water World taking place in the Star Wars Universe.  Instead of motorcycles, the raiders ride speeder bikes.  Instead of hoarding bullets, you seek power packs for your blasters.  Instead of mutants and psychic powers, we have aliens and the lingering touch of the Force.   Instead of the map to Dry Land or the restoration of a fallen government, the ultimate dream is to rebuild a space ship and bring back aid from The Republic. 

I can give spoilers on the plot I have in mind if you like, but I hope this is teaser enough to draw your attention. 

This will be a system game as well as a story.  I’ll be running it using Star Wars Saga Edition with first level characters.  If you don’t know the system, we can work together to build a character for you and the only thing you’ll really have to keep track of is your own character’s capabilities. 

Ideally, I’d like to do some tasteful non consensual scenes in this story.  This isn't required, but I’d hope to attract some female characters who would have fun—from time to time—being captured by Raiders and ravished while the rest of the PCs rally to their rescue. 

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Teo Torriatte

Count me in, Muse! I would be interested in playing a force sensitive, and I would definitely be alright with some tasteful non-con.  :-)

Tydorei

Sounds rather interesting. I never can pass up a star wars game. And if raiders manage to catch my character, well she is caught. Keyword being manage since we are using the Saga System. Stay out of grapple range Luna!

Lithium

I'd love to join too, been waiting for a good SW game forever. I'm new to system based games, and currently learning DnD/Pathfinder, so I'd probably need some help with the technical aspects, but I usually pick this stuff up pretty quickly at least.

ShadowOfHeaven

I'd be down to play, or at least give it a shot.
Everyone loves a good SW game.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=124957.msg5498498#msg5498498

please quote when responding to messages.
It makes my life much easier.

Funguy81

Tackyhillbilly

Funguy81

does it need to be female characters, or can male characters work?

orderNchaos

I'm not really deeply knowledgeable about SW universe outside of some video games and the movies, but this sounds interesting.  I'd be willing to play one of the aforementioned women!  ;)

AndyZ

orderNchaos, at the risk of being thought a heretic on our first meeting, have you ever played 4th edition D&D?

If so, you already know 90% of this system.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

orderNchaos

XD

I've been playing D&D for ........ a number of years.  I might have played 4.0 once or twice but prefer the more classical systems.  I don't think my concern is over the system we use as much as it is not being too familiar with the world and the history.  However, I am a fast learner.

Muse

*smiles*  Oh, looks like we've got a good group coming together. 

I'll put up some more of this when I wake up.  Good night everyone.  :)
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

Andy Z
Fun Guy
Lithium
Luna
Marie Reynolds
Order Nachos
Sarat
Tacky Hillbilly
Tydorei

That’s nine, 10 if I insert myself or if Tristia accepts the invitation to join in late.  Big group, but nothing I can’t handle in play by post. 

If anyone else expresses interest I’ll bring them in if the tally drops below eight. 

Let me put up a board and some character generation specifics. 

Muse

Let's take this to the OOC peeps.  Please bombard  me with questions, I'm sure i still have a lot ot make clear about the setting. 

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=157187.0

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=157186.msg7206042#msg7206042

orderNchaos

Quote from: Muse on November 10, 2012, 10:28:57 PM
Andy Z
Fun Guy
Lithium
Luna
Marie Reynolds
Order Nachos????????   >:)  >:)  >:)
Sarat
Tacky Hillbilly
Tydorei

That’s nine, 10 if I insert myself or if Tristia accepts the invitation to join in late.  Big group, but nothing I can’t handle in play by post. 

If anyone else expresses interest I’ll bring them in if the tally drops below eight. 

Let me put up a board and some character generation specifics.

I bet they were good too!!  *works every time*

Funguy81

Sorry, but I think i'll bow out of this. 9 or 10  people is a bit much for me to be in a forum group. Hope you all have fun though.

Rachubka

Lithium, you kill me.

Anyway, uh... I am totes interested if it isn't too late! Been hankering for something spacey but not too spacey but still spacey, YEAH?

Lithium

apygoos

not familiar withthe system at all, but youcan color me intersted. seems like a star wars game that if someone pulls a lightsaber, its like "WTF is THAT!?" no idea what id play, but definitely interested.

Marie Reynolds

http://www.swagonline.com/files/images/1333.preview.jpg
Name: Dane Rann Winter
Nickname: Winter
Race: Near-Human
Level/Class: Noble 1
Height: 1.6M
Weight: 55KG
Hair: Long and Black
Eyes: Large Black Iris's
Destiny: Discovery

Str:12
Dex:14
Con:12
Int:18
Wis:14
Cha:18

HP:19
BAB:0
FP:5
DP:1
DT:13

Defenses:
Fort:13=10+1+0+2
Refex:15=10+1+1+2+1
Will:15=10+1+2+2

Feats:
Martial Arts I
Force Sensitivity
Linguist
Weapon Prof (Pistols)
Weapon Prof (Simple Weapons)

Skills:
Deception:10=1+4+5
Gather Information:10=1+4+5
Intiative:8=1+2+5
Knowledge(Life Sciences):10=1+4+5
Knowledge(Physical Sciences):10=1+4+5
Perception:8=1+2+5
Persuasion:10=1+4+5
Treat Injury:10=1+4+5
Use Computer:10=1+4+5
Use The Force:10=1+4+5

Talents:
Equilibrium

Languages:
Basic
Binary
Cerean
Durese
Rodese
Ithorese
Mon Calamaran
Ryl
Zabrak

Racial Traits:
Visually Striking
Double charisma against
Humans, Near Humans
Humanoniod Species
(Twileks)

Cosmetic Ritual Traits:
Eyes Larged Black iris
with little space left for
the whites of the eyes.
Shaped- Arkanian Genetic Engeering
Skin Texture Porcelain Doll Smooth

Equipment:
Combat Gloves:BAB:1 1d6+2
Quarterstaff:BAB:1 1d6/1d6+1
5 MEDPAC
1 Medical Kit

History:

Was ripped violently from her family by an arkanian as infant and become his newest pet project.
She was bred to heal and be used for sex she lived an abused and brutal life treated more like
an object then a person. She was always skiddish of pistols and guns as she witnessed other creations of his
executed by these weapons. She also had to endure beatings that would not leave bruizes or kill hear she had to endure chemicals that wouldnot kill her but made her suffer yet somehow and purplexed her arkanian master how she would recurapurate easily but that just meant she would have to endure it multiple times till he was sasitfied. Sometimes she would have to sleep bound in uncomfortable positions or in containers that could just barely fit a person. This however one day changed when she was sold just to be on loan to a doctor in Alain's hold and he was called doctor Eric Carmichael he would undoubtably change this young womens life forever. When the contract expired he united Alain's hold to keep her in  Alain's hold as another medical professional.

yesiroleplay

This is an awesome idea!  I'd love to play a member of the struggling community, probably of the Noble class, though nobility is relative.  The mayor's daughter or perhaps a minor community leader in her own right.
I know it's very generic