Answer with a quote

Started by RadiantMind, June 30, 2012, 08:13:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadiantMind

So, simple game really. You comment on, or replies to what the person above you wrote with a quote you like, it may be from a book, a movie, song, speech as long as you write who said it.
I'll start

"I had to repeat myself when I told the deck officer to launch all fighters. I saw his face his face when he realized he was going to die. I saw he wanted to know why. We all do. We think it will matter, that knowing will grant us honor, that it will silence our futile bleating at the prospect of becoming nothing" - Grand Admiral Osvald Teshik, Star Wars: the essential guide to warfare

Grainne

"Rather, fail with honor than succeed by fraud."-Sophocles
Be the change you wish to see.
------------------------------------------------

Beguile's Mistress

“There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why? I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?”
― Robert F. Kennedy, Robert Kennedy in His Own Words: The Unpublished Recollections of the Kennedy Years

Zandra

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Lilias

'Glory is like a circle in the water,
Which never ceaseth to enlarge itself
Till by broad spreading it disperse to nought.'
~William Shakespeare
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Zandra

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

~ Confucius

KaraKres

“Falling in love is like getting hit by a truck and yet not being mortally wounded. just sick to your stomach, high one minute, low the next. Starving hungry but unable to eat. hot, cold, forever horny, full of hope and enthusiasm, with momentary depressions that wipe you out.

Love does not appear with any warning signs. You fall into it as if pushed from a high diving board. No time to think about what's happening. It's inevitable. An event you can't control. A crazy, heart-stopping, roller-coaster ride that just has to take its course.”

― Jackie Collins, Lucky

Zandra

Love is the crocodile on the river of desire.

~Bhartrihari (ca. 625)

SaturnCeleste

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.
-Winston Churchill-
To some, steampunk is a catchall term, a concept in search of a visual identity. To me, it’s essentially the intersection of technology and romance. – Jake von Slatt
Saturn Reads Tarot (Free) & E*rotic Readings,
Lickable Limericks, Saturn's Celestial Void, Saturn's Celestial Sojourn

Ephemera

Now I see the secret of making the best person: it is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
- Walt Whitman
“I bleed myself to be your drink:  Is not the blood of poets—ink?”   ―William Soutar
My Ink Blood Spilled | Who I Am | Where I Am (A/A) | Intro | Avi Source
My Poly/Kink/Random Blogs | My Drawer | My Concupiscence (O/O)
I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naive or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman.” ~Nin  Working on: Ink Blood Spilled

master0rolando

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Hunter S. Thompson
We have no voice when we aren't using it.
-- Sid Nesselroad

KaraKres

Al Qaeda is nothing more than a mutant supply chain. They're playing off the same platform as Wal-Mart and Dell. They're just not restrained by it. What is al Qaeda? It's an open source religious political movement that works off the global supply chain. That's what we're up against in Iraq. We're up against a suicide supply chain.

- Thomas Friedman

DeamonAndae19

"When at the gates of heaven
To saint Peter he shall tell.
'One more soldier reporting, Sir'
'I served My time, in hell'"

- Soldiers poem from WWII, poet unknown.

KaraKres

"And like the old soldier in that ballad, I now close my military career and just fade away, an old soldier who tried to do his duty as God gave him the sight to see that duty."

- General Douglas MacArthur

DeamonAndae19

"Duty and Slavery, what's the real difference, really, when you look at it, there really isn't one, if your duty is to do something for someone else, you're nothing more than a slave"

-Unknown.

Elysium

"Freedom isn't free"
~ Colonel Walter Hitchcock (USAF Retired) <or various song titles>

Iuda

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

EnglishMaster

Der Mensch kann was er will; er kann aber nicht wollen was er will (Man can do what he will but he cannot will what he wills).

Schopenhauer

Mellific

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." -Mahatma Gandhi

O/O | A/A | MM

WildCat

"Strength doesn't lie in numbers. Strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumber." -The Sound of Music
ONS and OFFS: Make Wildcat purr
Absence: Where's the cheshire Cat?

Don't want to lose track of crossrealms and my room

KaraKres

"Not to be avaricious is money; not to be fond of buying is a revenue; but to be content with our own is the greatest and most certain wealth of all."

- Cicero

JinxedMinx

"Honesty is the best policy - when there is money in it."

Mark Twain

DutchSpawn

"What the f*ck is a Obi? "

Jonas, Saw II

YodaSan2

"I'm too drunk to taste that chicken."
             -Will Farrell as Ricky Bobby 

KaraKres

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

- Groucho Marx

Wasn't sure how the "obi" and "chicken" quotes fitted in - so went with a response to Jinxed Minx's Twain quote.