No, This is NOT a Story From The Onion

Started by OldSchoolGamer, June 20, 2011, 03:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shjade

Quote"There are people who will say it's an over reaction. I don't think so. I think what you have to deal with here is the 'yuck' factor," he said."

...no. "Yuck" does not merit a $36k operation.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Healergirl

Um,  What about deer pee?  Bear Pee?  Animal pee in general?  That administrator should be fired and fined.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Healergirl on June 20, 2011, 04:12:24 PM
Um,  What about deer pee?  Bear Pee?  Animal pee in general?  That administrator should be fired and fined.

What about fish and other aquatic critters in the lake? That is why the water is typically run through a filtration plant!

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Healergirl on June 20, 2011, 04:12:24 PM

But...this is a magical reservoir, where animals don't do such uncouth things.

Oniya

QuoteSergeant Pete Simpson, of Portland Police, said: "It's really an unfortunate incident that probably could have been avoided if he had just chosen a bush."

As if nobody has ever heard of 'run-off'.

Edit:  Or bird poop.  If the flying rats can't be taught to hold it in when flying over my car, they can't be taught to hold it in over a reservoir.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

despickable

Government Authority taking the piss out of residents again. Hardly news but typical over reaction

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

Erani589

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 20, 2011, 04:55:16 PM
What about fish and other aquatic critters in the lake? That is why the water is typically run through a filtration plant!
Yep...

They've got a bigger problem than one drunk man peeing in the reservoir if they can just shrug this off and say "The Filtration plant will get it"

Aiden

They should have asked the towns people, drink water with possible traces of urine or front the 26k bill, which will mostly come from your taxes or hiked up water bill.

I would have drank the pee.

ff

Quote from: Aiden on June 22, 2011, 02:12:10 PM
They should have asked the towns people, drink water with possible traces of urine or front the 26k bill, which will mostly come from your taxes or hiked up water bill.

I would have drank the pee.

Agreed. If you want rational decisions, incentives are everything - make sure the benefits and costs are borne by the same parties.