Started by Shores, March 12, 2017, 04:50:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatLiesAbove

Freydis

Full Name: Freydis
Sexual Orientation: Very Bisexual
Hair Colour: Blonde
Eye Colour: Blue
Appearance: Freydis stands tall and proud, even for a diminutive height of 5'7". Blonde hair looked almost white, framing square features. Eyes were a bright blue, her figure toned and full, fetching for even the simplest eye. Her tanned flesh a tribute to her time as a shield-maiden.
Personality: Soft-spoken. Freydis tends to let her actions speak for her. While not one to seek out battle, she will never shy away from it, and is a firm believer that death on the battlefield is the destiny of every true warrior.
Skill: Swordswoman and Shield Maiden....a front-line warrior.
Weaponry: Longsword and shield
God/s Worshipped: (if any)

Flynn

Full Name: Flynn Decker
Sexual Orientation: Very Bi-Curious
Hair Colour: Blonde
Eye Colour: Brown
Appearance: Flynn stands at a mere 5'5" tall. While not "slim", Flynn is built up in all the right places. Legs seem especially powerful, a gift from her ability to dance. Always wanting to stay in shape, she remains sinfully curvy, brown eyes never seeming to miss anything.
Personality: Flynn tends to be shy around new people...especially if it's a woman she finds herself attracted too. Only recently starting to accept that she is attracted to both sexes. Once she gets to know someone, Flynn is very outgoing and friendly, though she will not shy away from letting someone know they have crossed her the wrong way.
Skill: Dancing (hip-hop and jazz).
Family:

• Jonathan Decker: Father
    Danielle Decker-Fulton: Mother
Friends:

• John Wilkes: ex-boyfriend
    Sandy Vorhees: best friend

OOC Info
Face Claim: Kristanna Loken
Ons: Confident men and women. Flynn is a bit of a "bottom" in the bedroom. But don't let the demure facade in the sheets fool you. She is strong-willed in casual settings, and loves people who know what they want from her, and are brave enough to come out and say it. She is also a sucker for the art of seduction.
Offs: Assholes. Bullies. Other shy types (I know, a contradiction. It's just awkward with her). Anything gross, dealing with non-sexual bodily fluids.

SlipperySue

Interested in being a Shield Maiden rather than one of the Valkyries.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Working VERY SLOWLY on my character.  So busy lately.  Ugh.

Rave

About time the first dude showed up, no?  ;)

✠ Torhid ✠

Full Name: Torhid Stronghide.
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual.
Hair Colour: Dirty Blonde.
Eye Colour: Blue.
Appearance: Torhid is a large man, no less than six feet, four inches, with a strong build. His muscles are built up naturally from his core, after years of combat. Runic tattoos cover his face and body in worship to his Nordic culture and gods. His eyes are an ocean blue, his grip is strong enough to break an Ax, and his smile is surprisingly handsome.
Personality: A serious man, Torhid is a leader to his people. Yet, he is not without a sharp wit. He was Jarl, a title held by a territorial chieftain in Viking Age Scandinavia, ranking only below a Konung (king). As such, upon his honorable death in the battlefield, he was taken by a beautiful Valkyrie into the halls of Valhalla, where he fought and celebrated every day with his fallen warriors, and the Valkyrie at his side.
Skill: Ax wielding. Leadership. Bowmanship. Strategy. Navigation. Combat.
Weaponry: Torhid prefered to wield a large, two-handed Ax into battle. Occasionally, he would use a short bow for targets annoyingly out of his reach.
God/s Worshipped: Thor.

✠ Morgan ✠

Full Name: Morgan Thomsen.
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual.
Hair Colour: Dirty Blonde.
Eye Colour: Blue.
Appearance: Morgan is a tall man, standing at 6'4 much like his previous life. He is strong and lean, with muscle structure carefully built by daily exercise. He is handsome, with his hair combed short and slicked back to maintain a neat appearance. His body holds no ink, his nails are always trimmed, and his smile is bright and charming.
Personality: A Lawyer for 12 years, Morgan is a witty and careful man. He knows how to interrogate, and how to spot a liar from a mile away. Outside of his work, he remains a charming man, socially a butterfly and intimately a loyal husband. Up until his divorce two years prior. Now, while he holds some bitterness about relationships, he remains an outgoing and serious man, focused on his work and raising his fortunes a little further each day. The word through the grapevine is he could promote himself to a judge soon, an opportunity he's waiting for, that would make him the youngest one in the United States' history. In his spare type, he practices Jiu Jitsu to keep fit and healthy, and his teachers are constantly impressed with his rapid rate of improvement.
Skill: Arguing. Social. Jiu Jitsu. Financial Planning. Fitness. Stamina.
Family:

• Father: Edward Thomsen - Deceased
    Mother: Theresa Thomsen - Alive
Friends:

• Ex-Wife: Madeline Collins - Alive

OOC Info
Face Claim: Peter Franzén.
Ons: Same as player's own [Signature]
Offs: Same as player's own [Signature]

Fury Aphrodisia

Aha! That's going to be fun. Sent my character sheet into Shores yesterday... she's a lawyer too! :D
Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

Rave

Quote from: Fury Aphrodisia on March 14, 2017, 04:12:40 PM
Aha! That's going to be fun. Sent my character sheet into Shores yesterday... she's a lawyer too! :D

Haha, they'll have something to bond over for-sure!

Dotley

Quote from: BitterSweet on March 14, 2017, 12:22:58 PM
Hi!

Hiya and yay! One of my favorite writers ever. Good too see you again  :D

Relieved to hear there won't be any dice or system. Considering a few different character ideas at the moment. Probably a Viking.
O&O's || A&A's

"I don’t use people for stories.
I use stories to express my feelings for people."

Fury Aphrodisia

Quote from: Rave on March 14, 2017, 04:17:49 PM
Haha, they'll have something to bond over for-sure!

Actually, now I look at it there's quite a few similarities... Just off enough they might end up complimenting each other, which would be nice.

I sent to Shores, but it looks like I'd better post it here, just in case, cause everyone else seems to be doing it and it looks like there's been some near concepts to begin with, so here goes...

Viking/Valkyrie NAME

Full Name: Brunhilde Varaldenheim
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Hair Colour: Black   
Appearance: Calm and sedate, Brunhilde has control of herself at all times. Her wiry frame is rather plain and pristine, accentuating her regal bearing and perpetuating the mangled mix of myth that places her as frequently as a human princess as it does an immortal Valkyrie.
Personality: Duty-bound and taking her duties very seriously, Brunhilde is a sincere, loyal individual that finds herself often pressed into uncharacteristic rebellion. From time to time, the human myths place her in leadership of the valkyrie, which while incorrect, demonstrates the sincerity with which she communicates and the trust her sisters have often put in her. She is quiet, tending to speak surely and infrequently, rather preferring to let her actions uphold her declarations. Some might see her as aloof, but the reality that she simply feels as though she is unlike her sisters and their warrior brothers leaves her standing at the edge of any society she regards.

Brunhilde persists in a state of turmoil due to past events, unsure of herself any longer under those circumstances.
Skill: Incredible strength
Weaponry: spear, buckler and bow
God/s Worshipped: Odin, until her rebellion

Modern NAME

Full Name: Shawna Scott
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Hair Colour: Brown
Appearance: Slightly shorter than most her age, Shawna bears a few extra curves and a classic look of beauty reminisent of mid-nineties sitcoms.
Personality: Shawna has a stubborn streak about her, constantly burying an anger that she's never been able to place, a slow-burning state of protest at some injustice or another, constantly moving from one crusade for truth to the next. She is driven, focused and tends to be classed as a workaholic, disdaining the company of men for the most part unless it is somehow professionally related. Even then, the contact is minimal. Despite the rumours, she shares a desire to support and uphold other women - particularly in the workplace - but shows little to no interest in sexual or romantic overtures to either gender, a source of much rumour surrounding her.

These days, she focuses her skill on her legal career, specializing in cases of domestic abuse, at-fault divorce and her pro bono work is almost always family law.
Skill: Strong instincts that allow her to pursue the truth.
Family: While she has a strong bond to her family, her distance from them in terms of living and working arrangements leaves her little to no opportunity to see them on any regular basis. Frequent phone calls and Skype calls make communication consistent, but visits are rare.

• Frank Sr. -- Father
  • Julia -- Mother
  • Francis Jr. -- Older brother
       Meagan -- Frank's wife
       Connor -- Frank's son
       Jessica -- Frank's daughter
  • Callum -- Younger brother
       Fiona -- Cal's girlfriend
Friends: Being a rather non-social person, Shawna tends to stay to herself. Those she grew up with are largely left behind and forgotten, while the only people that might be called friends that she currently has are the few coworkers who can be considered somewhat close.

• Monica -- paralegal that happens to live in the same building as Shawna
  • Chris -- Monica's boyfriend who works in the mail department of the firm
OOC Info
Face Claim: Anna Silk
Ons:As per O/O's thread
Offs: Vore, scat, gore, torture, deep BDSM
Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

Rave

Quote from: Fury Aphrodisia on March 14, 2017, 04:19:07 PM
Actually, now I look at it there's quite a few similarities... Just off enough they might end up complimenting each other, which would be nice.

I'll have to shoot you a PM then to see if they're compatible enough to pair up! I think we're supposed to choose our partners right? Or did that change?

Fury Aphrodisia

I honestly think they've decided that we could hold off and find our partners as they go along so that there's less risk of people dropping out and such. Though, with that said, unless someone plays Sigurd, I don't know if there's likely to be my character's actual former partner, which was something I wanted to talk to Shores about, but we'll see what she has to say.

Lady Kitsune

I'm interested. Think I'd like trying to be a Viking for some change if pace.
I am working on it, I swear!

Shores

Yes! Time to start approving applications!

Out of Character Thread is up!
In-Character Thread is up!

Please go read the In-Character Thread first to see if you want to join.
No dice or system. Free-form.
Submit applications in the OOC thread for approval or edits.

WhatLiesAbove

Shores, are you going to put up an approved character thread?

Shores

Yup I will put up a Approved Character Sheet Thread soon.

I still need people to post applications in the OOC to show that they want to play after reading the In-Character Game thread.  I know there are some applications here and in my PM box. Dunno if people will change their minds since they might have been expecting something else.

Safer to read the in-game thread> post in OOC for approval > I give green light or ask for edits > I post the approved character sheet in another thread> okay for posting!

Cataclysmic Archangel

I think at this time I'm going to duck out.  Over the last few days I've wracked my brain and just haven't been able to scrape something together for this, as much as I was interested.

Cheers.

WhatLiesAbove

Gypsy

Just wanted to drop by and wish you well with the game, but I don't think I'd be a good fit after all.  :-)  Have fun, guys!
<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=286451.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=244545.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=279617.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=245953.0"></a>     

🌹🔥🌹   on 'no writing' hiatus    🌹🔥🌹    not available    🌹🔥🌹    formerly 'Briar Rose' & 'GypsyRose'    🌹🔥🌹

Fury Aphrodisia

Fury Aphrodisia

So... is this actually doing anything? I haven't heard anything from this thread in forever.

Shores

I've set up the OOC and IC thread, but there's been no replies. I think this game may be better suited for one on one since the original storyline requires pairing up at the start. I'm debating just writing the story myself since it seems hard to coordinate with what everyone wishes for it. Feel free to play Vikings and Valkyries with a partner on your own without me.

Fury Aphrodisia

I'm sorry to hear that. I hadn't realized there was an IC thread was opened to overall posting. I'm sorry I didn't get my character up in time to be approved for the game. But I think it's true that if the vision you had relied on people pairing up from the beginning, that the best possibility of running a group game like this would be invitation-only and have people bring in a partner they think they would work well with. Though, every set of partners has a rhythm and they might not all post at the same rate, so who knows.

For what it's worth, the overall idea has great potential and I was excited to play a game with this sort of a setting and background, so I appreciate that. Definitely left some plotbunnies behind.

Good luck!