Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Started by Wolfy, November 29, 2011, 11:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainErotica

Thanks. Hopefully there are some people from E with lowbies or willing to roll another toon. I don't suppose you have any information as to who to contact in game to join the E guild?

Chris Brady

There is no E guild.  There is an E server wide channel.  Type cjoin Eli to get on it.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

CaptainErotica

I now have a character on Lord Adraas and have joined the channel. I haven't started playing him yet, since my other friends all play on Soresu. If anyone ever want to team or whatever just let me know.

Anjasa

I cancelled my account. Unfortunately it just wasn't holding our interest as much as I wish I did.

The storylines are great, but I just don't feel it's worth the $17 subscription fee each month. It's $34/month for my partner and I.

CaptainErotica

The game has it's downsides, but for me i love the stories and the voice acting -but I am glad there is an option to skip through them. for me I feel much more connected to the characters than I ever did with wow, or even my long time favorite City of Heroes. Plus it is Star wars. I'll be playing it until they close the servers for good.  I'm a bit lucky in that being in Japan I actually pay less than $15/month due to the exchange rate.

Canuckian

I dunno about this game anymore.  I slobbered over the trailers and game tidbits dropped over time, I'd preordered the Collector's Edition (which was a rip-off, btw) and I spent the next 3 months mainlining it like it were coke, heroin, caffiene, and sugar all rolled into one.  It was glorious, if a tad tedious.

Then I got ahold of Mass Effect 3.

I tried going back to TOR, I really did.  I haven't made more than 30 minutes at a time on it.  I'm on the endgame for my Jedi Knight's story, I have a decent amount of legacy levels built up... and I just have no real interest to keep playing it.

Chris Brady

I am holding out for the legacy stuff to be awesome.  But if it's not, I may drop it for a while as well.

Part of the problem is the same every MMO has at the start: limited content.  The really cool stuff usually happens six month (not likely) to a year (if it's well supported) after it's released.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

ShamshielDF

Overall the gamplay is...decent.  There are some quirks to the interface that I'm hoping they fix soon.  And honestly, while I like the story, there's too much overlap between classes to really reroll a new Empire charrie if you've already got one to max level, or close to it.

On the other hand, I've been RPing quite a bit with the guild that I've joined and having fun with it.  The chat interface is...not the worst that I've dealt with, but could definitely use some work.  I'm enjoying it more than I did DDO, at least.
Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

Chris Brady

Quote from: KaylaM on April 01, 2012, 07:36:40 AM
So far, the main point of the Legacy system seems to be to make you kick yourself for rolling an alt before 1.2 comes out

There are a few more important changes you're forgetting.

Canuckian

Chris Brady

Silverfyre

Chris Brady

That's what they said.  "Early April".  It's on the PTR now.

SinXAzgard21

I really wish that your sub-class was determined your story because after playing a Assassin to near the end of their story line, makes playing a sorcerer so boring.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Chris Brady

Hopefully the patch will drop next week, as it's not this week sadly.

HairyHeretic

Quote from: KaylaM on April 01, 2012, 07:36:40 AM
So far, the main point of the Legacy system seems to be to make you kick yourself for rolling an alt before 1.2 comes out

Unless stuff is applied retroactively.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Chris Brady

Quote from: HairyHeretic on April 03, 2012, 01:21:52 PM
Unless stuff is applied retroactively.

I'd have to go back and recheck the video, but there are a few things that do.  Just don't ask me what at the moment.

SinXAzgard21

So the patch may be done before I get an answer on here but, did everyone else have to patch a huge file today?

TheGlyphstone

The servers are going down tomorrow for 1.2, so probably groundwork being laid.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on April 11, 2012, 12:12:11 PM
The servers are going down tomorrow for 1.2, so probably groundwork being laid.

Yeah no, that patch is corrupt.... I'm having to reinstall 11.6gb of main assets.  The patch was near 1gb when I started downloading it so I think someone effed up and released a broken 1.2 and now it is making everyone download the 11gb again.

Chris Brady

Actually, it seems Bio shut down those servers mid patch.  Which means you either have to redownload the entire game or wait until tomorrow after 8AM CST.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Chris Brady on April 11, 2012, 02:21:34 PM
Actually, it seems Bio shut down those servers mid patch.  Which means you either have to redownload the entire game or wait until tomorrow after 8AM CST.

Easy way is to unistall and just reinstall using the disk... less time than downloading 11gb.

Chris Brady

That works as well.  Hope to see you in game!

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Chris Brady on April 11, 2012, 08:17:59 PM
That works as well.  Hope to see you in game!

Kintorr is my character in game.

brucaslove