Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Started by Wolfy, November 29, 2011, 11:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pumpkin Seeds

Shjade

Quote from: Anjasa on February 02, 2012, 04:02:35 PM
It's not that he's snarky that bothers me. It's that he lies about games.

Like he said that if you're in a group and someone takes a light side choice, and you take a dark side choice, and they win, you get light side points. That's not true, and would turn people off from the game based on that not true point. That's irresponsible reviewing, imo.
Well, for one, he's not a reviewer; he's a critic.

For two, he said he didn't know what was going on in groups and his best guess about what was happening was that you ended up with whatever outcome happened affecting your score. That's admitting ignorance, not lying.

Edit, responding to below (so as not to add more posts off-topic):
Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on February 02, 2012, 06:15:33 PM
Also, if he didn't know anything about the mechanic then why make a guess about the mechanic under the auspice of being a critic.
For entertainment value, obviously. If he couldn't have made a joke about it I doubt he'd have mentioned it.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Aiden

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on February 02, 2012, 05:56:18 PM
So no suggestions on guild?

What side? Sith side, has to be evil!

-debates signing up now since he has an open evening-

Pumpkin Seeds

Yes, but once more points to in lack of qualifications and ability to actually even be a critic for the game.  The mechanic is something that can be figured out in the first few levels of the game.  All he would have to do is group with someone where such a decision could be made, such as Black Talon or Esseless (sp?).  He...didn't.  Also, if he didn't know anything about the mechanic then why make a guess about the mechanic under the auspice of being a critic.  Honestly even a simple forum search would have revealed the mechanics of what he was discussing.  So he didn't even bother to research the game he was saying he was a critic for.  He was just talking out of his ass.

Yeah, there is defiantely a Empire leaning here.  Honestly, I was still think we could try for the "adult" style that we as E players pride ourselves on maintaining.  Perhaps a brothel or house of entertainment.  People could be "entertainers", guards for the entertainers, people that work behind the scenes to secure clients.  Can also add a more sinister level if we so desire in having the thing be a front of Imperial Intelligence/Dark Council in extracting information and placing agents.  I don't know..seems like a good RP basis for the guild anyway.

Aiden

I have always been a fan of The "Blank " Cartel

I am not sure what the break down is or how successful I will be finding RP on the server but I want to at least play the story mode. I am redoing it with my sith warrior, stopped at lvl 44 but I at least want to finish my darth title.

Pumpkin Seeds

Roleplay here is actually very easy to find on both sides.  My Bounty Hunter has run into quite a few people in cantinas.  My Jedi Sage has accidentally stumbled into several scenes, one in which a duel was happening.  So there is alot going on if people are interested.

Aiden

So I am able to find a harem of intergalactic poontang to join my crew and go terrorizing the republic as I tip the scales of war? Sweet!

Pumpkin Seeds, I am singing you up automatically!

Pumpkin Seeds

I am honored sir to be part of your intergalactic poontang squad. :: salutes::

Chris Brady

So how likely is the Night Cartel taken for a Guild name?
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Kazyth

A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

ShamshielDF

Going with the Eli/Adult theme we could have a House of Sith Repute.  Or Bisithual.  Or Eli-gant Adult Sith.  Hmm...will have to ponder more.
Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

Kazyth

Darksyde Club?  Leather and Lightning?  I kind of like the House of Ell Repute, or something of the like.

Aiden

Callie Del Noire

I like the sound of it (even if I'm a hopeless Allaince type)

ShamshielDF

Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

Pumpkin Seeds

Kazyth

Hmmm.  Thinking about re-rolling as a Maurader or a Bounty Hunter instead.  I'm usually a healer/casty class, and I enjoy all the purple lightning right now, but I rather want to do something different.  Just trying to decide which to do.  Either way, I'm still leaning toward the House of Ell Repute or even just House of Ell for the Guild name.

Geeklet

Quote from: Aiden on February 02, 2012, 10:49:05 PM
I like House of Ell Repute
Ditto.

Only other option for a name I can think of is 'The Elliquian Combine'

Aiden

Quote from: Geeklet on February 03, 2012, 04:00:43 PM
Ditto.

Only other option for a name I can think of is 'The Elliquian Combine'

Total republic guild name.

Pumpkin Seeds

Bounty Hunters can become Healers in the mercenary spec which also has their damage area.  So if you wanted to, you could bounce back and forth as you so desired.

Kazyth

Ok, thus far I am having a lot more fun with the bounty hunter.  Wrist rockets and jetpack shoryukens?  How can I resist?

Chris Brady

I can't and I'm not playing.  ;D
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Kazyth

Ok, yep.  Merc is way more fun to me than the Sith Inquisitor at the moment.  Think I'm going to go powertech though and tank with a flamethrower.  Somehow that just screams "Win" to me.

Pumpkin Seeds

Geeklet

aw, really? Cuz I'm having a blast with my inquisitor. Granted, I went assassin, so I'm all about the stealth and sneaking.