News:

"The Most Precious Jewel [One Shot: NC-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Started by Wolfy, November 29, 2011, 11:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShamshielDF

I rolled a Sith Sorcie on Lord Adrass and am up to about level 13 now.  My main is on Lord Praven and is a level 45 Sith Warrior.  I'm going to work on my little sorcie as I have time, though.
Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

Kazyth

I has it!  I has my codeness!

Of course, I also apparently have hours and hours and hours of downloading for patches and the like to go, but I should be up and running tonight after work, woo!
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Ryven

I am sad.  They nerfed my operative and I just got it to level 50. :-(

Kazyth

Looks like they nerfed smugglers the same way, according to the patch notes!

Not that I have any idea what was and wasn't really nerfed.  I'm still downloading the patches and such to start the game.

Pumpkin Seeds

So any ideas for the guild basis/name/whatever for an Elliquiy guild?  Guessing the guild will be Empire side at this point.  We seem to have enough people now to make a go of the situation.

Shjade

Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Chris Brady

Amusing.  But it makes me wonder.  Does Yahtzee actually LIKE to game?  He's always so negative...
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Pumpkin Seeds

Doesn't sound much like he actually played the game.

Pumpkin Seeds

Well...meant like..the whole game.  Also, yes...I hate Corso and his freak'n harpoon. 

Shjade

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on February 01, 2012, 06:25:41 PM
Well...meant like..the whole game.
He mentions up front he played for a week and only managed to get through the smuggler's opening sequence, pretty much.
◕/◕'s

Geeklet

In response to the harpoon... can't you turn companion skills on and off?

Pumpkin Seeds

You can, but have to do so everytime he comes back.

Shjade

◕/◕'s

Wolfy

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on February 01, 2012, 07:43:15 PM
You can, but have to do so everytime he comes back.

Actually, they fixed that with a recent patch, as far as I know.

Pumpkin Seeds

Honestly it wasn't that bad to begin with, just seemed odd to be a ranged fighter with your companion pulling people to you.

Anjasa

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on February 01, 2012, 06:01:16 PM
Doesn't sound much like he actually played the game.

That sounds like all of Yahtzee's reviews for the past few months.

Ryven

Quote from: Kazyth on February 01, 2012, 04:15:07 PM
Looks like they nerfed smugglers the same way, according to the patch notes!

Not that I have any idea what was and wasn't really nerfed.  I'm still downloading the patches and such to start the game.

The nerf affected their hidden strike ability mostly which is their opening move when coming out of stealth.  It doesn't do as much damage now.  CC's for half the time (if you have Jarring Strike), and acid blade which complements it lost 20% of the armor penetration it provides.

Chris Brady

Quote from: KaylaM on February 02, 2012, 06:35:44 AM
Its his style; emphasise the negative and play up the bad points. I have no doubt he played it, mind you. Its just that getting upset about Yatzee not liking a game isl ike getting upset over the sky being blue.
Which is why I don't normally watch him.  He's...  rather sad as a reviewer.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Kazyth

I'm in!  Puttered around last night while I wasn't feeling well on my Inquisitor, got him up to lvl... 9 or 10, though I logged before hitting the trainer for my last level.  I'm having a blast with it, it really does suck you in, make you feel like you are part of a story.   And so much purple lighting thrown everywhere!  MUAHHAHAHAHAHA!

Chris Brady

Kazyth

I do!  Sure, it has a lot of standard MMO traits, but it really does suck you into the story, especially the Sith Inquisitor line.  Man, I hate that damn overseer.  Every time it won't let me lightning him into a pile of ash, and then mix that ash with water and flour so I can bake it into a cake that I can summarily stab, I seeeeeeeethe.

Chris Brady

I wanna play.  I wanna be a Mercenary Bounty Hunter...  >.<

Oh well, I'll live through you guys. :)

Anjasa

Its his style; emphasise the negative and play up the bad points. I have no doubt he played it, mind you. Its just that getting upset about Yatzee not liking a game isl ike getting upset over the sky being blue.

It's not that he's snarky that bothers me. It's that he lies about games.

Like he said that if you're in a group and someone takes a light side choice, and you take a dark side choice, and they win, you get light side points. That's not true, and would turn people off from the game based on that not true point. That's irresponsible reviewing, imo.

Anyways, going to be playing a bit tonight I think :D

Callie Del Noire

How many games has he been 'positive about'. Hmmm.. Rock Band (sorta), Bioshock (sorta).. I can't think of anything definite.

Kazyth

Quote from: Chris Brady on February 02, 2012, 03:32:47 PM
I wanna play.  I wanna be a Mercenary Bounty Hunter...  >.<

Oh well, I'll live through you guys. :)

Totally going to roll a Bounty Hunter as an alt.  They look crazy fun.  But for now, I've just beaten and enslaved my first minion with my Inquisitor, and life is good.