Pathfinder: The Dream Will Live Again (Replacement Character Sought)

Started by Muse, December 13, 2015, 06:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muse

Oathday, the 21st of Calistril
4744 Absalom Reckoning
The Age of Lost Omens

This is Andoran, a land of great cities, vast beaches, fruited plains, high forests, and misty mountains.  This was a good land, a free land, an impossible dream come true. 

This was the birthplace of freedom. 

When my great grandfather took up arms to overthrow the tyranny of Cheliax—an empire whose decadent rulers had fallen into diabolism to maintain their power—he fought for a vision unlike anything the world had known before.  Every slave was freed.  Every criminal to take up arms was given a new chance at life.  The imperial governor and his devils were driven from our land.  The former nobility were given a choice between citizenship in the new egalitarian society and honorable exile. 

The people did not make new kings and nobles of their generals.  The people did not turn to priests to ask the gods for law and rule rather than guidance and inspiration.  The people—all the people—elected a senate to rule in their name, and drafted an enumeration of inalienable rights to be their highest law. 

For three generations, my forefathers lived this impossible dream.  Prosperity came through the practice of a craft, not the ownership of land.  Diplomacy opened other lands to free trade instead of directing the beginning and ending of war.  The Eagle Knights drew their steel for freedom and justice. 

The dream died. 

Transparency of government failed in the face of growing apathy among the people.  Greed overruled the idealism of merchants, bankers, and senators.  Even the eagle knights played their roll in our fall—so eager were we to spread our ideals that—when Cheliax came for us—every nation looked the other way. 

In Cheliax, the descendent of an exiled noble and scions of the imperial house Thrune—traveled the land in preparation for the day when Andoran would be his.  With the blessing of the Dark Lord Asmodeus, he united a terrible army under his banner. 

His name was Akorian, may it live in infamy ‘til the end of time. 

4714 was a year of indescribable horror.  All the monstrous things lurking in the dark places around Andoran rose up to strike—werewolves from the forests, gremlins and grey dwarves from the caverns, orcs from the mountains, shaguine from the seas.  The armies were scattered to the four winds dealing with these raiders when Cheliax marched.  Cyclopses lead the armies through the mountains that divided Cheliax and Andoran, followed by armies of men, devils, and some that were both and neither.   A great fleet sailed for the port city of Augustana, sending devils and magicians ahead by teleportation to sew chaos within the city before they landed.  Other, lesser fronts were exploited as well, and by the New Year Andoran was seized. 

The dream took more than that to break.  Rebellions sprang up like bush-fires, only to be brutally squashed by Cyclops patrols.  “If you will not serve me in life,” Akorian proclaimed, “You will serve me in death.”  He worked Asmodeus’s will upon the fallen rebels and they rose from their grave bound into their rotting bodies, bound into his service.  The wives and daughters of rebels were sold to loyal Chelish colonists, to repopulate our land with a generation of slaves.  When the populations seemed too small, the dead were put to laboring in the fields. 

This nightmare cannot be allowed.  The fires of freedom still burn within these brutalized people.  I am Vors, the first Eagle Knight of my generation.  This is Iron Pinion, my grandfather’s sword.  With my life’s blood, I swear on this blade, and every goodly god be my witness. 

The dream will live again! 

Good morning, Elliquiy. 

The Dream Will Live Again is a ninth level pathfinder game set in a possible future of Golarion.  As with many games, this one suffered some turn over—and some delays—in the beginning.  We've played out a full chapter now, but have lost our clerics.  The remaining core has proven to be solid and reliable, but it would help the story line a good deal if we could recruit a character with the ability to channel positive energy—an actual cleric preferred but not required. 

"There was once a procedure using black basalt and chalcedony to shape an altar to enhance your control over undead especially and other dark practices. I have heard from sympathetic and trustworthy sources that there is one of these altars at ever major temple to Asmodeus in this county.  Resistant in the extreme to physical damage, its easier to take them out with positive energy, I know of a procedure to construct an amulet that when doing this would destroy the undead associated with a given altar."
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Chulanowa

OooooOOOooooooh! What sorta Racial makeup are ya looking at for this, Muse?

Muse

Hi Chula. 

At this point, I got Affably Evil to play the cleric we needed.  Let's see how many major characters that makes: 
Akyria (Elven Cleric of Gorum)
Eltra Swiftsteel (Gnome Arcane Trickster)
Fanchi Dulain (Human/Half Elf/Somethign Blood Rager)
Loriana MAson (Human Swashbuckler)
Veit (Half Orc Monk)
Vors (Half Giant Aegis)

That's six.  If Luna ever comes back that'll be seven. 

Eight is my comfrotable limit for online games, so if you'd like to sign up, come on down.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

Guess that means the positions are filled.  :)  I should do this more often.  :) 

I'll pop up again if there happen to be openings.