RWBY World Freeform Interest Check (In Progress)

Started by Tokyorose627, January 26, 2017, 12:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tokyorose627

~RWBY World Interest Check~

It's the world of Remnant, where individuals become Hunters and Huntresses to fight the nightmarish monsters that attack known as Grimm, hoping that the fight against the terrible beasts will finally come to an end. When influenced individuals start up their own facilities to train the masses to become such fine warriors to defeat such evil creatures, it's only likely that many would apply, with their dream soon to become a reality. With their weapons and semblance at the ready, it was the day that they'd all been waiting for.

Once they joined a team it all seemed so grand, becoming closer and taking on new and exciting challenges each and every day. Learning new things about one another, they became more hardened, more determined, and in 4 years time they've become fully fledged Hunters and Huntresses, ready to take on the world of Remnant.

However, what are they truly ready for, when they don't even know what they're up against? When an extremist group of Faunus threaten to assassinate the Queen to the reigning Kingdom of Somnus, the neighboring Kingdom to Vale, the call for Hunters and Huntresses has become more apparent then ever, especially when Grimm start appearing, and shipments upon shipments of Dust begin to mysteriously vanish.

Will the Hunters and Huntresses succeed in stopping the plan of Somnus's hostile takeover? If the Kingdom were to fall, destruction and chaos would follow its path, bleeding through to the other Kingdoms soon after...

------------

Finally, a plot has been brewed!

You will play an experienced Hunter or Huntress, either just fresh out of the Academy, or having been out for some number of years. The call for action becomes more apparent as tensions between Faunus and Humans continues to brew, and when the sudden disappearance of Dust shipments begins to occur, it's up to these individuals to figure out what exactly is going on. The plot will start off in the City of Vale, and then moving through different locations as the story progresses.

There will be elements that will be bent in order for the story and plot to thicken, such as the fictional Kingdom of Somnus which will act as one of the main focuses of the game, with the Queen being a target for a hostile takeover, with the Kingdom being one of the largest influencers of the world, and acting as a prime example of a city of Hope, Determination, and Resilience.

Moon Hound Hati

Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

Tokyorose627

Sessha

Mmm and I have just the character in mind already fleshed out perfectly. So yeah consider my hand in this pot to.  ;D
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Florence

Possibly interested, if we use OCs, with several character ideas ready and waiting.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Tokyorose627

Thanks for all the interest guys! I will most likely have the Game have all OCs, I just need some help with figuring out a plot. Would people rather have a original plot that we come up with, or would you rather go through the series plot?

AribethAmkiir

So very interested if we're doing OCs and an original plot.  I feel following the plot of the series might be too difficult, since players who've watched everything would be on the look out for a Cinder-esque character, and the characters will likely lack the bright-eyed naivety that was prominent in season 1, when we all thought that the Grimm were the "big bads".

Tokyorose627

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on January 26, 2017, 04:19:49 PM
So very interested if we're doing OCs and an original plot.  I feel following the plot of the series might be too difficult, since players who've watched everything would be on the look out for a Cinder-esque character, and the characters will likely lack the bright-eyed naivety that was prominent in season 1, when we all thought that the Grimm were the "big bads".

Very true! Well then, I don't really have a plot in mind however. D:

I'll try to think of something, but does anyone have any ideas possibly?

Moon Hound Hati

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on January 26, 2017, 04:19:49 PM

I agree. An OC cast with a fresh plot that is not overly involved in that of the canon series would be the best option, in my opinion.
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Moon Hound Hati on January 26, 2017, 04:24:27 PM
I agree. An OC cast with a fresh plot that is not overly involved in that of the canon series would be the best option, in my opinion.

Ok, well I'm assuming we should still have all of them at Beacon, correct? We could just have it where its in the world or RWBY and it's a clean slate with these characters, and that the main cast just doesn't exist in the incarnation.

Tokyorose627

Alright everyone! So far we have 7 people interested, myself included. We need one more person in order to have an even amount to make two teams before I can start actually making the Game!

Juggtacular

Tokyorose627

Alright guys we have enough interest! I'll make a character creation Thread topic once I'm done with school tonight!

Tokyorose627

Hello everyone! I've edited the first post on here to include a full plot, as well as some changes to the RP, such as it taking place after years of Beacon Academy, with Game characters being fully fledged Hunters and Huntresses!

Wolfy

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Wolfy on January 26, 2017, 11:50:13 PM
I'm interested!

Awesome!

I just made the Character Creation Thread, Lost in Remnant!

My character sheet will act as an example of what I'm looking for, and remember to PM me your sheets for me to look over! Have fun guys, I can't wait to see what you all come up with! :D

Sain

So OC only? If so then I'm probably interested :P
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Tokyorose627

Silk

Yurie

Consider me interested. I do have a few ideas as well.