News:

Main Menu

NFL Discussion Thread

Started by Deamonbane, September 06, 2018, 12:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Sakura

Quote from: Deamonbane on December 02, 2019, 12:06:07 PM
I don't know, they were one onside kick recovery from another big turnaround in that Houston stadium. I wouldn't call that being pantsed. Bolden just needs to work on grabbing the ball a bit better.

This! He wishes he could take back that play cause yeah he had it!

Deamonbane

One thing I noticed is that Brady is having a lot more time in the pocket, and it shows. Now we just need a player not named Edelman and White to start getting some separation on the outside, and we'll be in business.

I doubt that they're going to be getting AB back, and honestly, I think the offense can work without him. Meyers is already working hard and just needs a bit more time on the field. Harry and Sanu had a disappointing lack of targets, so they need to get with the program too. I was happy to see Watson convert that 3 and 17, but since that was his only reception, and one of two to tight ends in the game, that needs some work as well.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Deamonbane

Welp, pretty much everyone I was hoping would win lost, and those I was hoping would lose won.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Lady Sakura

Quote from: Deamonbane on December 02, 2019, 10:46:46 PM
Welp, pretty much everyone I was hoping would win lost, and those I was hoping would lose won.

That's how I felt!

Deamonbane

Patriots got robbed at home.

We're on to Cincinnati.

Lady Sakura

Quote from: Deamonbane on December 08, 2019, 06:43:45 PM

We're on to Cincinnati.

Twice. Two TDs! Least our defense shut mahomes down in the second half. Give credit to the defense. Our offensive line seriously needs work as does our offense.

Zaphod

We're on to Cincinnati.

Quote from: Lady Sakura on December 08, 2019, 06:58:51 PM
Twice. Two TDs! Least our defense shut mahomes down in the second half. Give credit to the defense. Our offensive line seriously needs work as does our offense.

Cya in Baltimore for your AFC championship loss. If the Patriots make it past KC. :P

Deamonbane

Say, that sounds familiar. Almost like folk said the same thing last year about the Chargers and the Chiefs...

Curious and curiouser.

Lady Sakura

Quote from: Deamonbane on December 08, 2019, 09:56:41 PM
Say, that sounds familiar. Almost like folk said the same thing last year about the Chargers and the Chiefs...

Curious and curiouser.

*Mic drop*

Zaphod

Quote from: Deamonbane on December 08, 2019, 09:56:41 PM

Curious and curiouser.

The difference is Brady's long predicted noodle arm is now a reality! XD

Deamonbane

Yep, they said that last year too.

Lady Sakura

Quote from: Deamonbane on December 08, 2019, 10:09:05 PM
Yep, they said that last year too.

We would have went into ot or won if ref didn't make those bad calls. We held Mahomes to only 3 points after the half. His recievers need to step it up though.

Deamonbane

Still, not sure why they released Gordon to Seattle. Seems like this would be his time to take some of the double teams off of Edelman. Tight Ends need to start stepping up too. Sure, they're not Gronk, but they still need to be a little crisper with their routes. Or at least better at blocking.

Lady Sakura

Quote from: Deamonbane on December 08, 2019, 10:13:45 PM
Still, not sure why they released Gordon to Seattle. Seems like this would be his time to take some of the double teams off of Edelman. Tight Ends need to start stepping up too. Sure, they're not Gronk, but they still need to be a little crisper with their routes. Or at least better at blocking.

Seriously, the o line was not all there tonight. If they were better we'd have a good run game. No?

Deamonbane

Yep, and Brady was running for his life most of the game.

Bevatoria

We're on to Cincinnati.

In all seriousness, though I dislike the Pats there were a few 'wtf' calls from what little I saw of the game.

Saints/49ers was the best game I've watched all year.
Ons/offs, A/As and an F list.

Deamonbane

Quote from: Bevatoria on December 08, 2019, 10:46:11 PM
Saints/49ers was the best game I've watched all year.
I can agree with that. Had Jimmy G on the bench for my fantasy team. Worst decision I've made all year...

Dre

Quote from: Deamonbane on December 08, 2019, 10:13:45 PM

I'm still so mad that they got rid of Flash :( :( I'm almost tempted to say bring AB back. buuuut, I'm not there yet 🤣😂
||Rest in Peace, Moreth.||||Absences and Apologies: Updated 12/18/19 ||

Laughing Hyena

You do realize that if they did rehire him, he would still be suspended for easily the rest of the season for his temper tantrums. Anyway, that was some incredibly ugly ref-ball. Dress these blind zebras down.

Deamonbane

Lamar Jackson is pretty special to watch.

Lady Higashi

Quote from: Deamonbane on December 13, 2019, 01:18:20 AM
Lamar Jackson is pretty special to watch.

He broke Michael Vick's rushing record! And that Sidearm was just a beauty.
"When Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept. For there were no more worlds to conquer. Benefits of a classical education."

One Month! Let's do this!

Laughing Hyena

Eagles have life again and are in control of their own destiny once more. Hope to the heavens above that they do not humiliate themselves against the giants. I expect the giants to ignore the tank they have currently going on and Eli Manning will want to go out on possibly his last season in the NFL on a winning note. Not to mention we just lost another WR during the clash with the Cowboys. But if they play as hard as they did this time, they'll eliminate Dallas from the postseason.

Lady Higashi

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on December 24, 2019, 02:47:24 PM
Eagles have life again and are in control of their own destiny once more. Hope to the heavens above that they do not humiliate themselves against the giants. I expect the giants to ignore the tank they have currently going on and Eli Manning will want to go out on possibly his last season in the NFL on a winning note. Not to mention we just lost another WR during the clash with the Cowboys. But if they play as hard as they did this time, they'll eliminate Dallas from the postseason.

I hope the Eagles play well against the Giants. Hoping for a great game; but I think the injuries are going to play a major part, if they lose. If they win, it's "great coaching" lol. I think that the Cowboys are going to sabotage themselves, they have such a unique set of circumstances, dealing with Jerry Jones, Jason Garrett, and the Offensive Coordinator, Kellan Moore (spelling?), Zeke, and Dak, etc. 

But I just love rooting against Dallas because of Skip Bayless.  :P :P :P :P and I want Shannon Sharpe to be right   XD
"When Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept. For there were no more worlds to conquer. Benefits of a classical education."

Laughing Hyena

I agree, the Eagles have been hamstringed by injury plagues on both the receiving core and the secondary. But even  so they really should have won against Miami and didn't. To me it was a blessing in disguise because it was a wake up call to the Eagles. Take every game seriously . Say what you may about New England but The Patriots do not play down to the competition. Too much discipline in that locker room.

Dallas didn't learn the lesson of looking past your opponent. All those talking heads had Dallas winning against us with Skip being the loudest.  They decided to coast and paid for it by losing control of their destiny.

My biggest concern for the Eagles is relapsing and not treating the Giants as an NFL team. True the Giants have blown many games and are technically tanking but this is Elis potentially last game. I expect the Giants to not care about tanking and getting Eli a final win. Especially if the Eagles underestimate them.

Lady Higashi

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on December 26, 2019, 11:32:44 AM
I agree, the Eagles have been hamstringed by injury plagues on both the receiving core and the secondary. But even  so they really should have won against Miami and didn't. To me it was a blessing in disguise because it was a wake up call to the Eagles. Take every game seriously . Say what you may about New England but The Patriots do not play down to the competition. Too much discipline in that locker room.

Dallas didn't learn the lesson of looking past your opponent. All those talking heads had Dallas winning against us with Skip being the loudest.  They decided to coast and paid for it by losing control of their destiny.

My biggest concern for the Eagles is relapsing and not treating the Giants as an NFL team. True the Giants have blown many games and are technically tanking but this is Elis potentially last game. I expect the Giants to not care about tanking and getting Eli a final win. Especially if the Eagles underestimate them.

Let's hope for the best, a good game, where the team that best played, wins. Hopefully, the Eagles will win, and Dallas will continue to fall on their faces so we can continue to make fun of Skip Skipless, and Chef Shannon continues serving those flaming hot L's  :P