[Interest Check] Marvel Heroic Roleplay: The Authority

Started by The Great Triangle, July 07, 2012, 09:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AribethAmkiir

I had to think for a second, I made too many concepts for this game (and in the end, none of them could fly  :P  )

I think just the three all powerful characters: The Sorceress-Queen, Alien Princess, and Future Boy.

Latooni Subota

That's what my dear Carrier is for. Yay Doors! . . . also, piggyback rides.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

AKunoichi

Quote from: Latooni Subota on July 10, 2012, 02:09:43 AM
That's what my dear Carrier is for. Yay Doors! . . . also, piggyback rides.

Free piggyback rides! Just don't forget sunscreen...

Hmm, I probably can't carry people when flying at light-speed, but fortunately the carrier means I don't have to.

AribethAmkiir

Teleportation for all of us!!  Perfect way to escape all those adoring fans.  Probably be cool special effects for live performances too.

AKunoichi

Still think Duncan should invent anti-gravity devices.

Well Mimi gets a piggyback ride.

The Great Triangle

I'm quite happy about the lack of flying, though of course, Idol can pull out helicopters or hover stages as a business resource, Lucky can get Carrier shuttles or escape pods as a cosmic resource, American Psycho can get a ride in a military jumpjet as a covert resource, and Duncan Durant can pull out jet boots as a tech resource.
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

AndyZ

Or Skyshard can pull down clouds that people can ride on.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

AndyZ

Skyshard

Distinctions:

Sorceress-Queen
Spymistress
Indebted to Eternity

Magicks of the Sorceress-Queen

Mystic Blast d10, Superhuman Durability d10, Supersonic Flight d10, Shapeshifting d10, Supreme Sorcery d12

SFX: Area Attack - Add a d6 and keep an additional effect die for each additional target.

SFX: Boost - Shutdown your highest rated Magicks of the Sorceress-Queen power to step up another Magicks of the Sorceress-Queen power by +1. Recover power by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.

SFX: Invulnerability - Spend 1 PP to ignore physical stress or trauma results unless caused by cthtonic attacks.

Limit: Growing Dread - Both 1 and 2 on your dice count as opportunities when using a Magicks of the Sorceress-Queen power.

Mastery of the Seven Senses

Superhuman Reflexes d10, Godlike Senses d12

SFX: Second Chance - Spend 1 PP to reroll when using any Mastery of the Seven Senses power.

Limit: Dark Visions - Shutdown Godlike Senses and turn Superhuman Reflexes into a complication to gain 1PP.  Recover by taking an action against the doom pool or during a transition scene.

Specialties:

Acrobatic Expert d8
Combat Expert d8
Covert Expert d8
Mystic Master d10
Psych Master d10

Milestones:

A Better World
You didn't just become a superhero to beat up supervillains every week, you became a hero to make the world a better place.

1XP: When you take an action or create a resource for purely humanitarian reasons
3XP: When you provoke a major political change, or fight to keep something you've done from being reversed.
10XP: When you provoke a general re-organization of an entire region of the world, or attract the attention of an organization capable of sending superhumans after you to defend the status quo.

Spy on your Foes
With the Authority remaining relatively unknown, quietly gaining information by acting as a spy is a lot easier.

1XP: When you feed information to the Authority while infiltrating another organization.
3XP: When you provide intel on the Authority to gain trust as a mole, and the information leads to one of your teamates getting captured or suffering trauma.
10XP: When your true loyalties to the Authority get exposed, and you either return to the Carrier or join the group you were inflitrating.

Although some people know her first name to be Noelle, no one knows her last name.

Much of Skyshard's ancestry has been lost to the mists of time, beyond even her power to discover so far.  Dealing with cthtonic entities who warp time and space itself with their very existence often leaves it difficult to simply peer into the past and discover the truth.  What she does know is that the last Sorceress-Queen valiantly sacrificed herself to stop the last invasion, possibly under a pact and possibly through simply bleeding out her very existence in order to end the onslaught.

The next Sorceress-Queen is supposed to set up the way for the next Sorceress-Queen, who must be the seventh daughter of a seventh daughter.  The untimely loss of the last Sorceress-Queen, however, combined with various people long since dead who consorted to keep the line from ever spawning two consecutive generations of seven daughters, meant that centuries would pass before the proper opportunity would come again.

So much of Noelle's past has been obscured, but a few bits and pieces have surfaced through conversation: she grew up on a farm, she has a daughter in an orphanage somewhere, and her sudden appearance on the scene mixed with the nature of her powers developing at adolescence marks her as less than 25 years old.

Able to change her form, she often alters her appearance depending on her mood and utility.  When she wants to be recognized as Skyshard, however, two things generally hold to her appearance: long frost-white hair and a pair of angelic wings.  Although the wings aren't strictly necessary to fly, she likes the ability for her silhouette in the sky to be recognized easily by onlookers and to let them know that she's there to help.

Her contributions to the group involve aiding the good and watching the evil, but her methods are more focused upon magical gifts and the like for those who live benevolently, while she uses her shapechanging to spy on those who she suspects of despotism.  One day, she hopes the world will be evolved enough that it can be left to its own devices, but she just doesn't yet have enough faith in humanity to allow it.  After all, look how terrible things have gotten since the last Sorceress-Queen watched over the world.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

AKunoichi

The Great Triangle

Most likely this evening or early tomorrow, when I get the game threads set up.  We're going to be ignoring the normal initiative rules for the first round of combat, then transitioning into them once everyone has gone and made a die roll and gotten more used to the system.
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs