Savage Species (3.5 Gestalt)(currently closed)

Started by ulthakptah, April 15, 2014, 02:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NicciKotor

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 20, 2014, 05:58:03 PM
I think besides our above eladrin who thinks tame all evil by lesbian orgies we rest are quite evil bunch.

Just means more work for me to bring people over to the light side of the force with even more lesbian orgies and baking cookies.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Anon315

My character is not evil! I mean, he could work in an evil party, but... well there would definitely be a line he wouldn't cross, and some moral dilemmas to meet depending on the circumstances. But he is NOT EVIL!

Thorne

Neither's mine. TN is not evil. :p

(If you want me running an /evil/ character... start up an evil game that won't degenerate into PvP at the drop of an insult.)
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

RubySlippers

My character is an assassin sort so won't be neutral or good, she can make a living as a dancer as a cover.  ;D

Just what flavor of evil I'm not sure about.

Kunoichi

My vampire spawn lady is Chaotic Evil, but I'll be playing that in more of a 'chaotic and mischievous' way, rather than the usual 'slaughter for the lulz' way that that alignment gets stereotyped with.  PVP definitely isn't something I like to get involved in.

Andi

Quote from: NicciKotor on April 20, 2014, 01:39:16 AM
Looks like I am being paired up with the incubus and the dragon. Which means two vassals to lug about my luggage while we go sightseeing and enjoy some opera. Maybe if the two of you are good boys we can go to the local brothel and I can teach you a thing or two about love making.
Well now, Ma'am. It doth appear to me that thou either art in possession of information unavailable to the remainder of us, or that thy imagination is carrying thee far ahead of the remainder of the pack. In the former case, might I entreat Sir ulthakptah to share this information with all of his applicants, so as to enable us to make an educated decision on whether or not we wish to play and what we might consider doing or not doing to our travelling companions? In the latter case, I might advise caution, lest thou labelest thyself as a volunteer virgin for a draconic dinner.

ulthakptah

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 20, 2014, 01:20:10 PM
What deities are we using?
The normal 3.5 pantheon. Pelor, Orcus, Vecna, all those guys.

Kimera

Quick question. Are flaws from unearthed arcana allowed?

RubySlippers

Quote from: ulthakptah on April 21, 2014, 12:36:19 AM
The normal 3.5 pantheon. Pelor, Orcus, Vecna, all those guys.

So the standard Greyhawk list no problem lots of options there.

Lockepick

@GM: Noticed some people have weapons/armor of different special materials. I didn't know that was an option. Is it alright if I swap out my armor for something else? Not a huge deal either way.

EDIT: @GM: Also, you didn't mention what time of day it was. Whether it's morning or night is pretty important for a party that is 2/3rds Vampires.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Zaer Darkwail

Either way it was just about noon.

In my PL line and we all are on same time, so what vampires do during noon? They can be in indoors strictly (avoid sunlight ofc, no need to sleep after all).

Lockepick

I don't remember seeing anything saying we were necessarily on the same time. Hell, I didn't even know there was two groups. It's a lot of assumptions, so I'll still wait for a GM's confirmation.

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Zaer Darkwail

Players who had submitted completed charsheets in here have got PM where is OOC and also IC thread already to post in. So game started in noon but not sure is there two groups or such.

Lockepick

I think you're assuming we're in the same group. We're not. My PM had two links and nothing else. Neither of which mentioned the time of day. It's an innocent oversight, I don't mind waiting for an official answer.

Zaer Darkwail

I got also two links, and your name was not PM receiver list....so there are two groups then.

Kimera

Hope this isn't too late to still join

Zaer Darkwail

I think it's not, up to GM though.

RubySlippers

My character just needs some background flushed out she is an assassin sort and devotee of  Erythnul, God of Slaughter who is CE and motivated but not without using her head. She loves killing especially innocence and the weak figuring their strong guardians clearly failed in their duty, and she targets those who are less of a threat. If she does have to deal with a community threat she would take out Mages first then others before the massacre begins, then she uses her special powers and skills. Mind you mainly during a high unholy days so the rest of the time she kills kind of normally, but if say a person attacks her and fails their family dies to if possible. No mercy. Mercy is for the weak. The weak all deserve death. They fail they proved their weakness.

She has good points she respects peers like the dragon and the succubus and she can't ignore power after all, so she would tend to see you all as peers not worth the risk trying to kill and the non-evil types will stick together. And if you have children as their guardians also protect them and the same rule applies. So PvP combat is very unlikely. At least she wouldn't start it but would try to finish it. I hope you all see her as a equal threat to not risk attaking.  >:)

Anon315

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 21, 2014, 09:27:45 AM
Players who had submitted completed charsheets in here have got PM where is OOC and also IC thread already to post in. So game started in noon but not sure is there two groups or such.
Ah. I got no pm. I shall then assume I was not chosen and wish you all the best.

RubySlippers

I'm not assuming I'm not in until told so I just had to get my character done will post her here to, look upon her in despair if weak and feeble and with respect if potent and strong.

Name: Saraii Szeltune

Favored Humanoid Form - has unholy symbol tattoo when its safe to show one around her faiths faithful
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Race: Unbodied
Character Level: 7
Classes with Levels: Unbodied 4/Psion 3 -- Rogue 7
Alignment: CE
Patron Deity: Erythnul

Ability Scores
Strength 0 (incorporeal)
Dexterity 20  [+5]
Constitution 12  [+1]
Intelligence 22  [+6]
Wisdom 16  [+3]
Charisma 17  [+3]
-> 4th Level Increase is +1 Charisma

Unbodied Racial Abilities
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/monsters/unbodied.htm
1. Fly 30 Ft. (good maneuverability)
2. Darkvision 60 Ft.
3. Deflection Bonus to Armor Class +3
4. Natural Attack: 1d6 Damage (touch)
5. Special Attacks: Psionic Powers, Telekinetic Force
6. Special Qualities: Assume Likeness, Incorporeal Traits
7. Racial Hit Dice: 4d8 Hit Points, BAB +4,  Saving Throw Bonuses Fort +1/Ref +4/Will +4
8. Racial Skills: Its class skills are Bluff, Diplomacy, Disguise, Intimidate, Listen, Sense Motive, and Spot. Unbodied have a +4 racial bonus on Bluff checks and Disguise checks. When using its assume likeness ability, an unbodied gets an additional +10 circumstance bonus on Disguise checks. If it can read an opponent’s mind, it gets a further +4 circumstance bonus on Bluff and Disguise checks.

LANGUAGES
Common
Dwarven
Gnomish
Elven
Halfling
Orcish
Undercommon (native language)

FEATS
[1st level] Improved Inititiative
[1st level psionic feat] Speed Of Thought
[3rd level] Expanded Knowledge [Chameleon]
[6th level] Weapon Finesse

SKILLS
Appraise (Int)  7 Ranks + 6 Int = +16
Bluff (Cha)  7 Ranks + 3 Cha = +13
Concentration (Con)  7 Ranks + 1 Con = +11
Diplomacy (Cha)  7 Ranks + 3 Cha = +13
Disguise (Cha)  7 Ranks + 3 Cha = +13
Intimidate (Cha)  7 Ranks + 3 Cha = +13
Knowledge (dungeoneering) (Int)  2 Ranks + 6 Int = +11
Knowledge (local) (Int)  7 Ranks + 6 Int = +16
Knowledge (psionics) (Int)  7 Ranks + 6 Int = +16
Perception (Wis)  7 Ranks + 2 Wis = +12
Perform (dancing) (Cha)  7 Ranks + 3 Cha = +13
Profession (criminal) (Wis)  7 Ranks + 2 wis = +12
Profession (entertainer) (Wis)  5 Ranks + 2 Wis = +10
Sense Motive (Wis)  7 Ranks + 2 Wis = +12
Stealth (Dex)  7 Ranks + 5 Dex = +15

PSION CLASS ABILITIES
DC [+6]
Discipline [Telepathy]
Power Points [46 + 21 = 67]
Powers Known [15]
Power Level Known [4th]
Powers
1st Level/DC= 17: Chameleon; Charm; Psionic; Control Light; * Crystal Shard; Entangling Ectoplasm; Inertial Armor; Mindlink.
2nd Level/DC= 18: Read Thoughts; Suggestion, Psionic; Thought Shield.
3rd Level/DC= 19: Body Adjustment; Dispel Psionics; False Sensory Input, Touchsight.
4th Level/DC= 20: Dimension Door, Psionic; Dominate, Psionic.
* Ranged Sneak Attack Possible

ROGUE ABILITIES
Sneak Attack +4d6
Trapfinding
Evasion
Trap Sense +2
Uncanny Dodge

SAVES
Fortitude [+3]
Reflex [+10]
Will [+8]

BASE ATTACK BONUS [+6]
Melee BAB [n/a, Strength 0]
Ranged BAB [+11]
Natural Touch Attack [+11]

INITIATIVE [+9]

WEAPONS
Natural Touch Attack: AB +11, DAM 1d6
Crystal Shard: AB +11

ARMOR CLASS [Base 10 + Dexterity 5 + Deflection 3 = 18]

EQUIPMENT
None

MONEY
None

OTHER INFORMATION

Is CE but not stupid she kills to earn money to further the work of her deity or to have fun, not involving slaughter, or to fund honoring a high holy day getting scouts to find a suitable target and the right sort of scum to join in for example. She respects power those she considers at her level or greater are fine as are their families, but the weak are there to die. unless their guardians can stop her. A tall order. So no PvP combat is very unlikely. ^_^

She hails from the Underdark a community of the Unbodied and their slaves who do the work and act as muscle, who worship her diety or other dark powers. Well until the Drow attacked driving them off she lost her people largely including her "parents" but since those who died, died, its clear they were not strong enough to live. The survivors are the strong. Since then she became an assassin and thug working in the criminal underworld and sided with believers where she can to honor her god. She is a cold and calculating enemy but slaughtering is one of her pleasures in her existence, so tends to be excessive when its possible. Is a devious CE not random or insane but her moral code is clearly twisted to evil.

Lockepick

I feel like characters aren't being made with the same rules, here.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but: LA Adjustment applies to BOTH sides of the Gestalt, but Racial HDs apply to only ONE side.

If I'm wrong, let me know, because I need to adjust my character.

ulthakptah

Quote from: lockepick on April 21, 2014, 08:29:43 AM
@GM: Noticed some people have weapons/armor of different special materials. I didn't know that was an option. Is it alright if I swap out my armor for something else? Not a huge deal either way.

EDIT: @GM: Also, you didn't mention what time of day it was. Whether it's morning or night is pretty important for a party that is 2/3rds Vampires.
I should have mentioned this. I had some players ask about silver weapons, and those are fine as they are so cheap. Cold iron is another special material that would work. However I never approved materials like mithral or adamantine. I admit when I went over the sheets I didn't check equipment, so that may have slipped past me.

Quote from: lockepick on April 21, 2014, 12:12:02 PM
I feel like characters aren't being made with the same rules, here.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but: LA Adjustment applies to BOTH sides of the Gestalt, but Racial HDs apply to only ONE side.

If I'm wrong, let me know, because I need to adjust my character.
You are right, and I've been checking the math on peoples sheets and they have been doing LA on both sides. The LA is reduced to 3/4s rounded down, but that is all.

Lockepick

Thank you for the answer!

Can I get a confirmation on whether it's night or day in the IC thread for us vampires?

RubySlippers

There is an in game thread and OOC thread?

Anyway my charter is built on the GM decision on her levels, the Psion combines with her race. But she is a bad ass if she plays to her strong points. And she insists on her share of treasure minus a small cut for others to carry it. I actually have uses for it.

Kunoichi

Quote from: ulthakptah on April 21, 2014, 12:18:49 PM
I should have mentioned this. I had some players ask about silver weapons, and those are fine as they are so cheap. Cold iron is another special material that would work. However I never approved materials like mithral or adamantine. I admit when I went over the sheets I didn't check equipment, so that may have slipped past me.

Whoops, looks like I need to make one quick edit, then...