Windows 10 and buttons on E

Started by Viper, September 06, 2015, 08:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viper

So I just got windows 10 on my computer...and I can not for the life of me, figure out why any of the helpful buttons inside of a thread page (you know the hide, bold, bullets, ect.) wont click. I can scroll over them and they act like they can click...but...nothing appears. Anyone else have a similar issue?

Vekseid

They're javascript triggers and Edge apparently has problems with them. Do normal IE / other browsers still work okay?

Planning on upgrading to Elkarte for 1.1 once that's ready and things have been prepared for E, probably around the end of the year.

Black Howling

Quote from: Vekseid on September 06, 2015, 09:31:02 PM
They're javascript triggers and Edge apparently has problems with them. Do normal IE / other browsers still work okay?

Planning on upgrading to Elkarte for 1.1 once that's ready and things have been prepared for E, probably around the end of the year.

I've only used Chrome since upgrading to Windows 10, but I can say I haven't run into a single problem on E using it.

mia h

I think I've experiencing the same thing as Viper. Pre-windows 10 update (a couple of hours ago) everything was working fine with IE10, but with Edge none of the formatting buttons do anything.

This is what gets kicked out in the console when the buttons are used
SCRIPT5007: Unable to get property 'handleButtonClick' of undefined or null reference
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Viper

Quote from: Vekseid on September 06, 2015, 09:31:02 PM

I have only used internet explorer. I suppose I could try chrome, but this is my brand new computer, and I didn't plan on downloading chrome or anything if I didn't have to in order to keep it as clean as I could...its my school computer.

Vekseid

IE 11 should still be there, I thought?

Viper

I don't know if its IE 11, but this IE is new and improved. Windows 10 changed ALOT...IE almost resembles chrome...it confused me when I first tried to operate it.

mia h

Yeah, everything seems fine with IE 11, just that they aren't advertising it's part of Win10 and you have to go looking for it.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Vekseid

Quote from: Viper on September 07, 2015, 11:15:52 AM
I don't know if its IE 11, but this IE is new and improved. Windows 10 changed ALOT...IE almost resembles chrome...it confused me when I first tried to operate it.

Right, that's Edge. Completely rewritten engine.

Try digging for IE 11 for now.

Viper

Kuje

If you click the three ...'s in the upper right of Edge that opens the menu where you can also find the settings for Edge there's a option to "open this in IE."