Gears Of War Interest Check

Started by VillainousMuse, December 19, 2011, 03:03:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VillainousMuse

Soooooooo... After a massive weekend of gaming and a random checking of this board out of curiousity I realized I got a PM from the mods saying I haven't posted anything since August. Wow, since August? Well I decided because I've been craving it after so many nights of playing Gears of War 3 that I would drop something here and see if anyone picks up on it. If they don't, not like I've lost anything. If they do though, fun times abound! Hooray! :D

At any rate, the premise of the RP would be more or less around the time of RAAM's Shadow DLC, some time very shortly after E. Day when humanity is scrambling to defend itself right after the end of the Pendulum Wars. If someone wants to play but doesn't have a clue as to how Gears of War lore goes, I'd be happy to provide links to the Gearspedia or give basic explanations of the past events in Gears time. As the thread progresses, there might be jumps forward in time to key events in this squad's participation of the Locust War. The squad in question is Omega squad, lead by a Pendulum Wars veteran (my character) with a few newbies and possibly another few veterans like herself. They have all been called back/enlisted to active duty to fight the Locust invasion in the nation of Ostri, a former UIR nation opposing the COG during the Pendulum Wars. Omega squadron was renown during the civil war over Immulsion, the cheap and volatile fuel source, for their brutally effective tactics and commando training. Against this new threat from below, more than half the squadron of twenty was wiped out on E. Day, an event so catastrophic that the entire Calendar system of Sera has been worked around it to B.E (Before Emergence) and A.E (After Emergence) to suit the importance of the day. The once rag-tag guerilla warfare group has been reinforced with new recruits in an impromptu attempt to make elite soldiers on the front line instead of in a training camp. Their fight starts in a city called Vostiri, a major civilian center city that is being emergency evacuated to flee the Locust attack to the Tyran shelf impending some sort of super weapon attack.

I can't edit beginner threads so I think what will end up happening is I'll get profiles here if the subject takes and people make profiles to fit the thread and copypasta them to another OOC thread better pertaining to the subject.

On another note: My character is going to be female simply because I never play male characters like... ever, but in the lore female Gears are very rare post Pendulum Wars because most women are being locked up in what are called "Farms" and turned in to baby factories to make new little soldiers to fight for the COG against the Locust. Women as Gears are possible and do happen but are much less frequent simply by statistics, for every woman that enlists in the Gears, at least one hundred men are enlisting as well. Simply put: Female characters are welcome but it'd be nice if we didn't have a squad of amazon bad-ass bombshells exclusively. It'd be nice if we could get people characters, people who have flaws, insecurities and their own list of fears and traumas.

Rules of combat are going to be free form but as the Thread maker, I have the final call on some things. I'm thinking of having die rolls for certain things like regular combat (though I'm not sure how that works, I just caught wind of it in another interest check and have no clue as to how it works) but if I can't figure out how to make that work, you post shooting and I decide if it hits. That's not to say that I'm gonna be making everyone miss and hating everyone and their grandmothers but if you're trying to pull a damn near impossible shot (ie: Trying to hit a Locust's left eye socket with a pistol while grenades are going off around the character with dust in their eyes with a wound in their gut bleeding profusely from two hundred yards away) I might toss the player a bone or say "Yeah... that's pretty silly, sorry but that's a miss". I also welcome someone to co-GM with me if they're up to it to better help me get used to the die roll system if there is one and how to work it. Also to maybe keep the thread going if I happen to disappear for a bit until I get back. Another note on combat, if your character does something incredibly stupid they are going to get hurt. Golden Rule of the Gears: Take cover or die. If it's so drastically stupid, it might work or your character might catch a bullet in the eye. Random injuries will occur and I encourage folks to have themselves get minor injuries, scrapes and bruises here and there of their own volition instead of mine. It is war after all. Heroic character deaths/injuries are fine if someone wants to go down in a blaze of glory but I'm not gonna make someone die unless they do something monumentally stupid (ie: charge in to a room with multiple Locust all with shotguns with their bare fists).

Also, erotic scenes are more than welcome but they need to be appropriate, it is a war after all and there won't be much time to be bumping uglies. That's not the say there won't be down time because after so much tension, there needs to be a bit of a break for some posts to relax the characters and give them some time to bond as a squad. It would be nice though if sexy times in posts were kept to PMs or very brief in the actual thread itself as to prevent swamping it with page upon page of love scenes. If somebody wants to post the summary of the sex scene they have with another player, they're more than welcome to for everyone's enjoyment. Never hurts, does it? ;)

Last but not least, I just wanna have fun with this. So let's all have some if this gets off the ground, yeah?

Let's see what kinda interest we get, I think I might set the cap to five or six (not including myself) for people. If we get half as many who are interested, I'll post my character to give an idea as to what character applications will look like. Hoping to hear from folks!

Andalon

Although I don't have the latest DLC yet ( my new car ate up my money ), I'm definitely in.

I'm thinking of something like a Recon / Sniper character, so less Lancer, more Longshot for me.

VillainousMuse

Awesomesauce! Glad to have your potential interest on board! :D

SinXAzgard21

I would be interested, I traded the game in after Dom died but I'd up for this sorta game.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

VillainousMuse

Spoiler alert much there? xD And how could you trade in the game? D: There's still multiplayer and stuff!

At any rate, glad to have your interest... One more and my next post will be the character sheet along with my character! :D