Nalerius Rising: The City of Nightmares [LBGTQA Friendly, Supernatural Modern]

Started by Black Howling, May 31, 2015, 01:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: lockepick on June 02, 2015, 09:41:23 PM
Sounds neat! You could easily say that the minted coins are the 'official currency.' Like the basis that everything else is compared to -- like foreign exchange.

Might be worth adding something to the character sheet of what form their souls take, or what form unfinished contracts take, for each demon!

That would probably be something Angel would have to deal with. As such things are beneath Melfic. >.>

LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Black Howling

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on June 02, 2015, 11:26:05 PM

That would probably be something Angel would have to deal with. As such things are beneath Melfic. >.>

Like the last two centuries of paperwork cluttering his 'to read' list? "Why do I need to deal with these, that'swhy I have a governess!" Loks over one. "Why was this matter not brought to my attnetion?" NPC: "It was sire, two centuries ago. It's been on your desk since then."

Melfic "Summon Avarice. She and I have much to discuss"

Lady Lunarius

Angel: "Dear husband, you truly do need to work harder. Worry not for my needs it is a sacrifice I will make so that you can give the lands the attentions they need."

*Attempts run off to find a toy* >.>
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Black Howling

Haa! We need to get this thing started so we can actually channel these characters.

Lady Lunarius

~ ~ ~ Angel Nalificarum Played By LadyLunarius ~ ~ ~

Character Name: Angel Nalificarum (Her True name has been lost)
Alias / Nickname: Whore, Queen, Whore Queen, Consort, Bitch.
Face Claim:  Emma Mae
Racial Class: Fallen Angel, Tainted with Melfic's Dark power.
Sexuality:  Open
Caste: Prime

Physical Description:  Long legs, blue eyes and blond hair. The innocent looking Angel can easily get someone who doesn't know better to let their guard down. Her body was built to perfection in the days of old. Her wings which have been tainted black from her years with Melfic are still a beautiful sight to hold. Spanning six feet outward they can take her through the skies with ease. She often is seen wearing little to nothing. As this is her husbands wish. Who wants to deal with clothes when you have needs for your whore to care for?

Personality:  Defiant, one of the qualities that Melfic has allowed his wife to keep, as it keeps him entertained at times. However she does enjoy making his life difficult. She tends to speak her mind a little too much and worships her husband. She has a short temper with foolish people, and does not suffer fools well.

History within Nalerius: Her time before Melfic, she can hardly recall. She can not remember the pure bliss her mind and soul were in. The joy and praises she sung are long gone from her lips. The same lips that have been tainted many times by her husband and many others.
In her time in Nalerius she has made a name for herself as the queen of whores, and calm half of Melfic's mind. She is nearly always at his side, the every obidient pet, when he's actually paying attention to him. She was there in the great war, some say she even fell when Melfic did.
As the keeper of Nalerius's portals, she is protected more than she would like. Which has driven her to the arms of many demons, and has lead the demise of many more. If one wishes to strike a deal and open a portal they must first speak with her. Which has gained many friends and many more enemies over the years.
Weapons: 
Soul Spear: (See Magical Powers below) A long spear made of the lightest, but densest metal known to any being. Forged in the fires of hell, and "blessed" by Melfic himself. It was a wedding gift and something she rarely leaves just laying around.
Vanity's Reflection: (See Magical Powers Below) A small hand held mirror that very much resembles a compact. Silver, and holds no magical aura. It truly looks like it is simply a mirror.

Magical Abilities/Powers
Soul Spear:
~Energy Sap: When simply pricked with the tip of the spear, one could find themselves suddenly tired and out of energy. Their mind becomes muddled and weaker beings will pass out for several hours.
~Soul Stealer: When impaled one will find their soul being sucked from their body, becoming but a puppet for Angel to play with and mold.
Vanity's Reflection: Seemingly harmless this mirror holds the power to "stun" creatures who look into it. Humans who look within at their own reflection become vain, narcissistic and generally useless for days to weeks on end.
Resonating Voice: Almost a pure melodic tone, Angel's voice can truly reach and tug at ones soul. Draw their attention from any distraction should she wish it.
Portal Control: Angel has complete and utter control over EVERY portal in Nalerius. She can open and close them as she sees fit. If you displease her, she may open a portal for you, and then snap it close so that you are crushed within the in-betweens.
Feather Pins: She has the abilities to shoot razor sharp feathers tipped in a toxic poison at her enemies, both in the air and on the ground.

On's and Off's:  Truly, no bathroom play. Up for anything else. If you think Melfic won't rip your fucking guts out.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Lady Lunarius

~ ~ ~  Laney Lady of Envy Played By LadyLunarius~ ~ ~

Character Name: Laney
Alias / Nickname: Jealous bitch, whiney bitch, Prides fuck toy, etc...
Face Claim: Cara Delevingne
Racial Class: The Demon of Envy
Sexuality:  Does someone else have them? Then she wants them.
Caste:Prime

Physical Description: At 5'3" Envy as always comes in a tiny package of trouble. Most do not suspect her to be nearly as strong as she is, and her long hair falls just to her waist. She enjoys adorning herself in jewels she's taken from those she kills, or enslaves, and enjoys making sure the attention is on her when she wears tight, clothes that barely cover anything.

Personality: Selfish, Needy, Hot Tempered when she doesn't get her way. Near angelic when she does. She will stop at nothing to get her way, and will jump through hoops to get what she knows she deserves. Generally dominate. It takes a special touch to make her submit.

Occupation:  She is attempting to sit on the counsel. Why can't she get on the damn counsel?

History within Nalerius:  Laney is the textbook, "College Drop Out Mooch". She has studied under many mentors, mainly because others got to, and she didn't want to be left out. The youngest and most immature. She is under her brothers care, getting nearly everything she asks or begs for.
Her true ambition is to join the counsel. She doesn't truly know what will be required when she gets her position but she knows that she wants it. Even if she has nothing to contribute. It is pride who has kept her from running wild and infecting everyone with her powers. All in all she has done nothing to contribute to Nalerius, but her powers are still useful in starting tiny wars. (Which she would never use a portal to sneak off and start trouble in the other realms.)

Weapons:  Why would she need weapons?

Magical Abilities/Powers

Jealous Rage: Ever feel a twinge of jealousy, and think its nothing. Tell yourself that you're just a bit over protective of what is yours? Ever lust at your neighbors wife? Wanting that job but your best friend got it? Then one day it all goes incredibly wrong? That is Envy, twisting at your heart, driving you to acts you would never think possible. Even the tiniest amount of envy she'll twist until you erupt or act out.

Mind Control: Once she has twisted you to act out against those who have what you don't, once you have fallen Laney will then take control of your mind and drive the want for what others have deeper. Soon your wants will be nothing in comparison to hers. You will be driven to get her what she desires and only the strongest of minds will resist.

Iron Nails: Laney's nails can grow out to six or seven inches, harder than iron, and sharper than any blade.

On's and Off's:  Open for anything but bathroom play. If you give her something she wants she will always be happy to thank you, over and over and over.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: lockepick on June 02, 2015, 02:53:44 PM

Apis Merovingian
Alpha / Potnius Demon / No Position of Power
Bee-Themed Drug Dealer / Cult Leader / Party Boy

Character Application

~ ~ ~  Apis Merovingian Played by Lockepick ~ ~ ~

Character Name: Apis Merovingian
Alias / Nickname: n/a
Face Claim:  Michel Santa Rosa
Sexuality:  Homosexual / Submissive
Racial Class: Potnius Demon (Race of Bee-Themed Demons)
Caste: Alpha

Physical Description:  Apis resembles a lithe young man, with blonde hair and darker facial hair. Strong shoulders and chest taper down at his waist, almost as cinched by a corset that would make even professionals cringe. An enticing sweet scent follows him wherever he goes.

Personality:  Like most Potnius Demons, Apis is eager for admiration, power, and basic comfort -- without having to work for it. He prefers to do almost any business during a party, or some other event where he can pretend he's not working. He plays off as more aloof than he is, and has little concern for his personal reputation -- as long as his product is well revered. While he hardly the most equipped to defend himself, he relies upon being a desired 'necessity' in Nalerius for protection. Killing or attacking Apis would mean the ire of all of his loyal addicts, of those he works for, and anybody that's generally looking to have a good time -- and who wants that target on their back? 

History within Nalerius:  Potnius Demons see themselves as the 'queens' of their hive, and the 'drones' are made up of worshipers and slaves. That makes families of Potnius Demons small and distant. The Merovingian line is one of of the more prominent lines, most famous for supporting and reveling in the Merovingian Dynasty that ruled over the Franks for over 300 years. Apis himself wasn't around during the Merovingian Dynasty's height, but can trace his lineage back to those that were.

Apis' lived in the mortal realm for the first half of his life, cultivating different cults throughout the years to keep him comfortable. Over time, he learned to condense and concentrate the trademark pheromones of the Potnius, and he grew to fame in modern Hellfire Clubs and Fraternal organizations. The more modern years, with their advanced technology, made it harder and harder to stay hidden amongst mortals. He made the decision to move to Nalerius, trading away deification amongst mortals for the rich and powerful demon clientele of Nalerius.

After giving out enough free samples for his particular drug to spread through the Beta and Omega communities, he had an addicted and loyal base of clients. He used information gathered from them to get in touch with Alphas, and even began doing business with some of the Primes themselves. He lives comfortably, even for an Alpha, both from the sales of his drugs and in regards to gathering and spreading information.
Weapons:  Stinger/Poison (See Powers)

Magical Abilities/Powers

Bee Control: Any and all bees, wasps, and ants (insects within the Apocrita suborder) are beholden to Apis, though bees in general are his personal preference. Apis can use pheromones to communicate and command those insects to give them tasks and to share information. Regardless of how unintelligent vermin might be, complex thoughts and mental images can be shared both ways.

Hive-Body: Apis gets his oxygen through his skin, and his lungs have been re-purposed into beehives full of assorted honey bees. Apis can summon out the swarm from his mouth on command. This also means that complete submersion in water should be limited at best. Any smoked drugs are typically only taken into his mouth and absorbed there, and never inhaled.

Pheromone Control: Apis can project his own pheromones and tailor what sort of reaction he gets. Lesser minds, such as weaker demons, humans, and animals, are easy to sway into extreme bouts of rage, arousal, fear, calm, sadness, confusion, general giddiness, etc. Stronger minds are either completely immune, or affected on a much more minor or reduced level.

Pheromone Manufacture: All of Apis's bodily fluids (blood, saliva, semen, etc) are syrupy and sickly sweet like honey, carrying concentrated doses of his pheromones. The beehive in his lungs creates more 'traditional' honey that is saturated with those pheromones. The exact effect of those pheromones can be decided at will when they are extracted from him. These fluids are most commonly used to create drugs with euphoric and/or aphrodisiac effects. When Apis is present, the emotions, positive or negative, are directed towards him. The honey and fluids can easily be stored and used by any third parties, the emotional focus of the pheromones determined upon extraction. When Apis is not present and the fluids are imbibed, the emotions are undirected and more general. The pheromone laced fluids can trigger physical and mental addictions in regular clientele, but the rumor is that only the simple and weak are at risk of that...

Enhanced Senses: Apis has an enhanced sense of smell. He can create 'profiles' of people to recognize them later, as well as getting general emotions from the target based on their own pheromones or sweat -- assuming the target is even remotely humanoid/animal.

Stinger/Poison: As a last resort, Apis can force large stingers to emerge from his body that armed with a neurotoxin. Each stinger can be as long as twelve inches, and multiple can be forced to rupture through his skin as needed. He most commonly pulls them through the top of his wrist or back of his elbow. The stingers themselves carry a neurotoxin that causes confusion, vertigo, and general pain.

On's and Off's:  My O/O Page
- Ons: Masculinity; Chemical/Mental Manipulation; Power; Money; Magical Powers
- Offs: Femininity; Romance; Dating

~Lady Luna's Stamp of Approval~
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Xanatos

So from what I understand, even none-Demons can get souls?

If a soul can basically take any form, does that mean the person possessing the soul can meld it into any shape they want?

Black Howling

Quote from: Xanatos on June 03, 2015, 01:51:30 AM
So from what I understand, even none-Demons can get souls?

If a soul can basically take any form, does that mean the person possessing the soul can meld it into any shape they want?

Yes, I'd generally say so. Within Reason of course. After all, if someone writes that they are collecting souls and placing them into the form of bulldozers, I'm going to ask them to change it. It should be portable, and preferably not in the form of actual weapon like objects. I'll also note that without the appropriate powers associated with it, the souls will be completely useless as anything other then currency.

Just use common sense.

Xanatos

Makes sense. Thank you. I'm working on my first character right now. Hope to have her done soonish.

Black Howling

Quote from: Xanatos on June 03, 2015, 02:02:35 AM
Makes sense. Thank you. I'm working on my first character right now. Hope to have her done soonish.

Sounds good.

On another note, I'm gonna be updating faceclaims and will have the directory filed out for the recently approved characters ASAP.

Xanatos

I'll be claiming Gina Carano for my first character. She fits the bill for my lass, all but perfectly. Although, my character will have solid black hair.

Warlock

Quote from: Black Howling on June 02, 2015, 04:57:16 PM
As a concept yes, though the player of sloth will have to stamp their approval on the matter. I don't make a habit of answering for other people, so might message Presta about that.

I've sent a message his way.

On another note, been thinking about the magical powers MC might posses so some input on the following power would be good. Gives me something to do until the rest of the character can be started in full.

Powers:
Shadow Stuff: Use shadows to create quasi-physical things. The more complex or larger the shadow. Using shadows makes them smaller or nonexistent. Can use own shadow to alter physical appearance, consuming it in the process.

Edit: Think I'd split the power into two parts, Shadow Conjuration and Shadow Veil.

Shadow Conjuration: Use shadows to create quasi-physical items.

Shadow Veil: Use a person's own shadow to alter physical appearance. As long as this power is active the being casts no shadow of his/her own.

Limitations:

-Imperfection:  While not readily apparent at only a cursory expection, there's always a sense of wrongness when inspecting things created from using either Shadow Conjuration or Veil. It may not be any physical difference between an item and a shadow copy, yet there is still something unplaceable that tell them apart. Extreme emotions, expectations and the like by the observer may affect this, example: A starving human receiving a shadow sandwich would happily gobble it up and not notice anything.

-Psychological Component: Since they're only partially 'real', the Shadow magic relies upon the expectations of the target to compensate to produce the full effect. A shadow gun's shadow bullets does not inflict the same damage a normal gun's would, but when they hit there's still the same pain felt because the target expected it to hurt a certain amount and so it did. While recognizing a shadow item for what it truly is, say through Imperfection, reduces the effect there's still a subconscious element to the belief that's harder to remove and would require an iron will to control. Sheer ignorance, mindlessness are also possible defences.

-Mechanical: The shadows can't be used to replicate electrical function or conduct it, so even if you created for a USB cable nothing would happen if you inserted it into a computer. Moving parts and component parts are however fully possible, this include the aforementioned gun, collapsible furniture, intricate locks, books or a trebuchet. You could technically create a shadow waterwheel that converted mechanical energy to electric through a normal device however.

-Knowledge: Limited only by imagination and a working knowledge of how the item functions and why. Swords are sharp because their pointy ends are thin would be enough to create a sword analogue while more complex items requires a deeper knowledge. For a trebuchet you'd need to know how the arm length is related to the weight hanging at the top end, how the base functions to provide stability, etc

Feel that both Imperfection and Psychological Component reflects the nature of Sloth fairly good, since they're countered by vigilance and being active. A bored guard might quickly look at a shadow ID, find nothing wrong and allow the bearer in. Someone who simply sees a gun in the shadow user's hand will be in a world of hurt, since they rely upon learned behavior and didn't question the nature of things. Imperfection also reflects that the thing wasn't completed and only created till the point it functioned, which I'd say fits well into the theme of Sloth.

Lynnie

GnothiSeauton

And since it's been approved, in case anyone might be persuaded to do up some connected characters/underlings... (I have an idea for an evil leprechaun side kick if anyone wants it...)

~ ~ ~  Governess Avarice Greed ~ ~ ~

Character Name:  Avarice Greed
Alias / Nickname:  Greed.  The Greedy One.  The Rich Bitch.  The Baddest Bitch in All the Realm.  Lady Luck.
Face Claim:  Natalie Dormer
Age:  Older than time.  Unknown.  Appears late twenties, mid thirties.
Sexuality:  Omnisexual
Caste:  Prime

Physical Description:  The Lady of Greed stands at a respectable height of five foot ten.  Her long, hair of a golden hue is always kept neat and orderly, perfected and straight.  Blue eyes have been known to darken to a shade of gold when her desire and lust for something is heightened.  No birthmarks or scars cover her body, though she does have tattoos upon her flesh.  A mark of a Dragon is upon the back of her neck, as well as a tulip upon her inner thigh. 

Personality:  Avarice is not a demon to be trifled with.  She is a calculating and often brutal woman of business.  Anything and everything is looked at and approached from a business eye, for she has very, very few individuals she considers herself close to.  She is a master manipulator, enjoying the thrill of toying and turning an individual to “the dark side”.  At times she can be cruel and sadistic, and at times submissive, all in order to get what she wants.  When Avarice wants something, when her desire for something can not be quelled, she will stop at nothing to have what she wants, with little regard to those in her way.

History within Nalerius:  Avarice came to Nalerius, leaving the mortal world she loved so dear with her influence over the mindless sheep, with one single thing in mind:  an opportunity.

It was with the absence of her brother that Avarice, the Lady of Greed, the demon obsessed with wanting it all, came to Nalerius and quickly took control over the power vacuum left in place by her brother's absence.  The master manipulator worked her way through the heirarchy of the City of Nightmares with ease, brokering alliances and ruining a great deal of individuals, all to climb to the top of the power structure in Nalerius, or rather, as far as one could go with Melfic in control.

Nalerius has grown under her authority, flourishing and strengthening with her power and command.  Secrets and souls kept her in place and kept the city under her little thumb with a relative ease.  Though her brother, Vergil, has come back, wanting to claim the seat of power for himself once again, she is determined to not let him have it, even at the expense of her desire for the Treasure, and all of it's wealth and influence.   

Weapons:  A coin of gold, and a coin of silver.  See “Magical Abilities/Powers” for further explanation.

Magical Abilities/Powers  Avarice's main power and ability is the control of precious metals.  With nothing more than a thought, she can control the inanimate objects to her desires.  This includes shaping and morphing the metal into whatever she desires (but not increasing the amount of the metal, not without melding two things together).  With this power she can summon precious metallic objects, as well as give life to them in the form of golems of the precious metals.

On's and Off's:  Link  Open to anything.  Please PM me if it involves something on my No List.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

bubby

*Stabs the fuck outta her coffee, willing it to work.*

Going to try very hard to at least get a WIP out to yous guys before work later today.

Warlock

Think I'll make a face claim for Starfucked. Found this lovely fellow Swede thanks to Christa's Red Head thread.

bubby

Heartsink

Lady Lunarius

Ok just got home. I will be attempting to catch up on pm's and all that soon. Sorry ended up getting called in to cover a shift. 
LaLu's Delicious treats!

bubby

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on June 03, 2015, 04:34:57 PM
Ok just got home. I will be attempting to catch up on pm's and all that soon. Sorry ended up getting called in to cover a shift.

I'm off to work myself, so just PM me whatever changes should be made if any, as well as ANY plot type ideas you might have to enhance the char History.

Rel Mayer

So I am noticing that there are a few characters from the SINs game being ported over. I am assuming this is ok and I can maybe revive an old character o wanted to play? :D

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Rel Mayer on June 03, 2015, 04:40:36 PM
So I am noticing that there are a few characters from the SINs game being ported over. I am assuming this is ok and I can maybe revive an old character o wanted to play? :D

So long as they are fitted to work in this game we're more than ok with people using characters from other games. As long as they are your creations.

Some of us who're in a Rogues Fortune, (Which is/was a sister game to this) are bringing our Characters in that games Nalerius over here as we decided it was big enough to carry on, on its own. ^_^
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on June 03, 2015, 04:42:26 PM
So long as they are fitted to work in this game we're more than ok with people using characters from other games. As long as they are your creations.

Some of us who're in a Rogues Fortune, (Which is/was a sister game to this) are bringing our Characters in that games Nalerius over here as we decided it was big enough to carry on, on its own. ^_^
Of course! I was planning on making some modifications to make her fit in this world.

:)

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Rel Mayer on June 03, 2015, 05:50:13 PM
Of course! I was planning on making some modifications to make her fit in this world.

:)

Sounds great!!!
LaLu's Delicious treats!