Classic Fantasy Campaign

Started by RubySlippers, January 20, 2009, 02:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mannik

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 24, 2009, 06:15:00 PM
I suggest be a priestess of the Snake Goddess Cult she is rather dark but is the popular goddess of serpents, fertility, magic, sexual excess and narcotics. She has temples pretty much everywhere and her clergy are popular.

Sounds like my kind of diety  ;D

Sonja

Name:  Sybella
Archetype:  Priestess of Snake Goddess
Personal:  A slim, dark-skinned body with little development of muscles.  Still gifted with large breasts and shapely hips.  The power of magic in her spirit pervades her essence, giving her skin a constant sheen and creates a perfumed scent around her no matter her condition.  5' 4".

Body:  3
Mind:  3
Spirit:  6

Skills
Magic Defense
Literacy
Ancient Language (Snaketongue) - Knows the ancient languages used by the first worshippers of her ancient goddess
Ceremonial Magic (Healing)
Ceremonial Magic (Summoning)
Ceremonial Magic (Warding)
Ceremonial Magic (Artifice)
Ceremonial Magic (Binding)
Ceremonial Armor (Metal but only in a few artful plates not as restrictive or protective as full armor)
Speech
Study - Can effectively research relevant information from vast libraries and ancient codices.
Knowledge (History)
Dagger

Extra Skill - Cosmetics

Flaws
Aloof - Can excite crowds of worshipers with her speech but seems too wrapped up in the spiritual to conduct day-to-day interactions like bartering at full effectiveness.
Exhibitionism - Attire and behavior can leave her alienated in a conservative environment.

Equipment: Curved dagger with Snake-design handle
                Ceremonial Armor with white cloak
                Backpack w/ Religious Tome, numerous bottles in pockets all along the side (currently empty)

RubySlippers

Get your body up that is you life points that drops to nothing you die and any attack will kill you. So please get that up to 3.

As for your skills Alchemy is under Artifice and Prayer is not needed really, might I suggest the rote Magical Defense the blanket ability to resist magical attacks most persons trained in magic know that. Ceremonial magic is great but takes a t least several minutes to do if not much longer and if you Summon you need Warding as another area of that so you can protect yourself from the things you summon and Binding to actually secure them to your service properly it would be lumped together into one roll. But in your advantage you can get a creature with you forever if it works and some creatures can be scary. But you need to do the research on the good ones. The Snake Goddess may train you be here whims are legendary if you summon a demon and don't secure it it could ravish you or kill you or both.
;)

Blaze

Were forming such a nice company!  :)
May I ask something? Because my PC fights with tow knives, one for defense and one for attack, much like the sai technique, can she have two to begin with, or I'll just have to steel a couple when we start? If I can have my way she wold be fighting with a couple of swi, but I don't know if there are such weapons in the world where in.
Can you please tell as a little bit about this world?
Remember when it rained.
I felt the ground and looked up high
And called your name.
Ohhhhhh Remember when it rained.
In the darkness I remain.

ONS/OFFS

Sonja

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 24, 2009, 11:10:47 PM
Get your body up that is you life points that drops to nothing you die and any attack will kill you. So please get that up to 3.

As for your skills Alchemy is under Artifice and Prayer is not needed really, might I suggest the rote Magical Defense the blanket ability to resist magical attacks most persons trained in magic know that. Ceremonial magic is great but takes a t least several minutes to do if not much longer and if you Summon you need Warding as another area of that so you can protect yourself from the things you summon and Binding to actually secure them to your service properly it would be lumped together into one roll. But in your advantage you can get a creature with you forever if it works and some creatures can be scary. But you need to do the research on the good ones. The Snake Goddess may train you be here whims are legendary if you summon a demon and don't secure it it could ravish you or kill you or both.
;)
Okay, I dropped Handle Animal, Alchemy, and Prayer to take Magic Defense, Warding, and Binding.

RubySlippers

Ok I will begin Wednesday with the introductory opening and the mandatory OOC and Character Sheet threads. Since we have a group the title of the first I suppose book with four ventures is called .time for cheesy fantasy music made by a low budget musical scorist, SHADOW OVER THE CITY OF THIEVES. I'm dusting off my "City of 1000 Knives" setting its a nice generic one and perfect for your band on miscreants even if good hearted ones.
:D

Think a decadent and dark city enshrouded by shadowy magic steeped in the ancient legendary lost forgotten, and its easy to jam anywhere in this case in mountainous crags in the Desert of Jamar - on the SPice Trade Routes. Lots of $$$$$
;)

Sonja

What category are we going into exactly?  NC-E Small Group System?

RubySlippers

Won't be that extreme, I'm thinking about it maybe Small Group, Exotic, Non-Con?

Blaze

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 26, 2009, 04:42:24 PM
Won't be that extreme, I'm thinking about it maybe Small Group, Exotic, Non-Con?
So, she guessed right, then? NC-E means No-Consensual, Exotic, we are a small group and it's a system game.
Remember when it rained.
And called your name.

ONS/OFFS

Cedrick

Look forward to starting Wednesday then. Do we all know each other from the start or is our first 'quest' to join up together?
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breaths away

<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=62526.msg2810491#msg2810491
<a href=" https://elliquiy.com/forums">
Cedrick Please Read

RubySlippers

That is up to you with the city being sacked by Beastmen, your likely going to be fighting for your lives if inside the city.

Sonja

Is that thread up, then?  I can't find it.

RubySlippers

Not yet, just be patient I will get it up by Friday - I promise. nless something comes up.

Blaze

Well, maybe Saturday, then... Or another day.
Since we haven't started yet, may I have an answer to my question? If we start by combat/fleeing, it would be nice to know what weapons can I have.
Remember when it rained.
And called your name.

ONS/OFFS

RubySlippers

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=29356.msg1105908#msg1105908

Read and post characters here first.

And for Sais its a cheesy fantasy game so sure but they would be two seperate weapons when taken for gear, as for fighting styles you can but it should cover a particular thing like Spinning Sword Strike might be a defensive block spinning when coming around for a slash, so might allow a defense roll and an attack.