News:

Main Menu

So, how large is it?

Started by Lilias, December 26, 2012, 05:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bamagirl

But I reckon I use about four thousand at most. I just like to read.
Ons/Offs     Requests     A/A

Cassandra LeMay

Quote from: jaybee55 on April 25, 2014, 09:20:39 AM

But in my opinion this test relies too heavily on anachronistic vocabulary - the sort of words often used to trick spelling bee participants and of no particular value in everyday life  - so I'd take the results with a salubrious dram of saline (*snicker*).
Yes, it looks a bit that way.

Not too shabby for a second languag, if I do say so myself.
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

Scathmadra

after going back through and realizing that i completely misread some... 41,800. o-o

bawdybear

32,500 for a second language, but I must confess that my vocabulary in my first language is now < 1K, unless I've been drinking!

parky

I have only a measly vocabulary of 26,600, which compared to everyone else is tiny lol.
Parky~~~~

"it's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.."

Belle33

31,800 - If these were urban dictionary terms, I'd have killed it!

Ons/Offs, Stories & Poems, Currently Not Available for RP

BeeJay

http://testyourvocab.com/result?user=4304900 25,100. I really need to work on it. I am just below average as far as the US goes. Oh no! D:
O/O

BeeJay

This was my second try. I probably take some hits for my education level. I don't have any college. :P http://testyourvocab.com/result?user=4304916
O/O

Mikem

Estimated 20,100 words.

Well aren't I just at the bottom of the native speakers ladder.
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. So why not take the scenic route?"

My Ons & Offs

Euron Greyjoy

Your total vocabulary size is estimated to be:
words

No comment.
"The Devil is in the details, and that's where you'll find me."

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

"There is no such thing as status quo when it comes to relationships. You either come closer together or drift further apart."

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=209937.0

Wheeler97

21,100... I'm disappointed, although this is why I'm making time to read more.

Kitsunetsuki

37,800...is it bad that I'm disappointed in myself?  :-\
[tr]
[td]
O.Os~A.As (around but not seeking)
Ideas (up-to-date)
Poetry~Singing~Wiki~Characters
How the men of Elliquiy have ruined me[/td][/tr][/table]

Marchoisas

Wel, to be expected I suppose. XD Although some of the more exotic vords there I did hear in movies, I just wasnt exactly sure what they ment, so I didnt tick them.
Danger only makes things more fun!

Reached my limit of active RPs, so... efective now, I'm no longer available for more RPs until further update. Sorry peeps!

Soul Shocker

28,100 words

I'm non-native and not my 1st language, but English has long since become my main language I think in (and the 1st language I speak when surprised, or spoken to in a language I can't speak)

VonDoom

30,900 words. I know it's not my native language and thus that I'm far above the average, but I am a bit disappointed anyway.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Amazee

33,800. Though I really don't use a lot of fancy words when I talk to people.

Nowherewoman

34700 on one runthrough. There were some I recognized, but couldn't immediately come up with a reasonable definition, sooo...
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Amazee

That same thing actually happened to me also. I knew some words because I saw them, but I couldn't really place their definitions.

Anjelita

44300.  Well that was certainly amusing.
NEW:  See my A/As!!!  PLEASE NOTE: Replies are slow.  Bear with, you are not forgotten.  Not accepting new roleplays.
ONS & OFFS               MY STORIES              PLOTS 'n' THINGS
Walking through E with eyes wide shut...
There was beauty here, once.  But darkness has a fetish for consuming pretty things...

MadnessChi1d

Your total vocabulary size is estimated to be: 22,800 words

Lrrr

Your total vocabulary size is estimated to be: 27,700 words

If I've been online here on E but I haven't replied to your post or message, there are several possible reasons - none of which involve ignoring you.  Be patient - I'm worth it.
ONs & OFFs Plus Other Goodies!    2018-01-16 Updated A/As

AmberStarfire

crysta

words

Omnius

words
part of the 4th column on page one and the 3rd and 4th column on page 2, just brutal.

Purple Dusk

Your total vocabulary size is estimated to be: 44,700 (hmmm, seems I can't post links - guess I'll come back and edit it another time)

Not sure if I really know that many, but I certainly don't think I'd use (or get the chance to use) even 1/10 of that!