Mafia Game: Battle for Little Italy (OOC)

Started by Remiel, June 17, 2010, 08:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DudelRok

Quote from: Remiel on June 30, 2010, 10:44:58 PM
Yes, the rules seem daunting but I'm absolutely positive that they will make sense as we go along.   ;D

Er... random thought. I do know the rules for these games (as I've played several on other forums) BUT I just realized I was unaware of the classes/roles this game actually had. X|

Bad form, I know. Is that within the other thread and I simply missed it? The large organizing one, I mean.

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

Remiel

That's quite alright, DudelRok.  I don't mind at all.  This thread, after all, is for asking questions. =)  And this game will be different from the ones that Valerian or Saffron usually run, thus I suspect it will be a new experience for everybody involved. Heh.

The rules, in their entirety, can be found here.  Feel free to ask any question that comes to mind!

Cassiopeia

I have no doubt.  I think just to look at it without the exact context makes it very confusing.

DudelRok

Alright, read and book marked for later.

I AM THE RETURN!

Remiel

As Professor Hubert Farnsworth (of Futurama) says,

Good news, everyone!  Ramster has agreed to join us and take over for DTW.   Game on!

DudelRok

*obligatory cheer*

No I joke... yay we can continue now!

I AM THE RETURN!

Zealously Jaded

And in the words of Bender "Hot-digity daffodil!"

Ramster

Hi guys! I'm pretty new to this, but by the sound of things I should be able to get into it easily enough!
Leave not a piss untaken, nor a Michael unappropriated.
A/As!!!
Knight of the Order of the Pizza

Nulla gratuitas sine anchoa

desert ashes

::Bestows a platter of cookies to ramster for joining. ::
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Imogen

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Autumn52

Welcome to the game Ramster, and thanks for joining the game I am just sorry that you are on the opposing team and will be killed eventually......evil grin and cackles..... >:)
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Ramster

Bongiorno, my fellow Cannoli, and of course, contemptible Linguine! (Well done Remiel, you really know how to set a dark and serious tone :P) This should be fun! What happens now? We wait for our dons to assign roles like Capo, Assassin and Senior Pasta Chef?

A/As!!!

Beguile's Mistress

Welcome, Ramster.  I hope you have fun with the game and thank you for offering to participate.  As the Don of the rival family I'll be keeping an eye on you.  I enjoy having a good Cannoli for dessert.

Ramster

For dessert? And you call yourself Italian? Surely you mean as a starter!
A/As!!!

Beguile's Mistress

Cannoli

Cannelloni

I like them both and a Cannoli as a starter sounds just as good to me!  Begin with one, end with one and have 5 or 6 in the middle. :D

Ramster

A/As!!!

Beguile's Mistress

A favorite quote from The Godfather:  "Leave the gun.  Take the cannoli."

Remiel

Someone had a very good question:

QuoteAm I allowed to converse with my Don in PM?

Answer: Yes! Absolutely! Not only is it allowed, but it is actually encouraged. 

I only ask that you CC me (Remiel) on any correspondence relating to the game.

Remiel

Another good question, from one of those who was picked to be the Associate (i.e., not picked for any special role):

QuoteAny way to climb the ladder of success?

Although it might seem like you're unimportant, trust me, you're really not.  One single family member might mean the difference between victory and complete annihilation for your side; if that member is you, I can guarantee you'll be the hero.

Additionally, if a member of your Family has to take a break from E for awhile, they may appoint one of the Associates to fill in temporarily for them until they return.   For example, if the Capo knows he or she is not going to have access to the net for a week, and lets me know, the Capo can choose (through the Don or Underboss) an Associate to take over for them temporarily as long as they're gone. 

I intend to keep this game relatively fast-moving; the reason for this is that I don't want to have the entire game stalled for weeks and weeks while we wait on one person.  There's going to be a time limit for the voting (two days for the "special" roles, three days for the general voting).  I think that's a fair amount of time to wait on any one person.  I don't want to seem like a Nazi, but in my experience, the best way to keep interest, and keep people from vanishing, is to keep things moving in a timely fashion.

I understand that things happen, that you may need to go on a vacation, business trip, just get away from the Net for awhile, etc.   I only ask that if you know you're going to be AWOL, just shoot me a quick PM letting me know.  I'll be more than happy to work around your schedule, and delegate your role temporarily to someone else if need be.

Thanks, everyone, for your patience and understanding.

Lord Mayerling

So uh...how ya doin'? C'mere, see...I has a question fer ya real quiet like. *shifty eyes, handing over a $20*

So how does this...voting...work? We er, vote for someone on de uddesida town ta die? We do dis in public like barbarians? Could someone explain dis to me? I never, er...got educated.

What? Whatdaya mean I don havda be in characta in OOC? I'm not in characta. I'm from Brooklyn. Are you talkin to me? Are you talkin to me?

Whatsat? Simple misunderstanding? Ok...fahgeddaboudit. So er, uh...a votin primuh please?

Galanthor

so "special" roles just send their choice to you?

Remiel

Lord Mayerling: Well...if, um, I understand your question...

After the Capos have decided whom they want to protect, the Cannolis will vote on which Linguine they want to take out a contract on, and the Linguines will vote on which Cannoli they want to see sleep with the fishes.  In other words, the voting is similar to the other games, except that you vote on the members of the other family.  If there is a tie, the tie is broken by the Don (or if the Don is absent or dead, the Underboss).  All the voting is public. 

Example:  Let's say that 4 of the Cannolis vote for John Doe Linguine.  3 vote for Jane Linguine, and 1 votes for Nicky Two Shoes.  That night, a hired killer NPC is sent to make sure John Doe Linguine doesn't see the sunrise, if you know what I mean.  John Doe's only chance to survive is if his Family Capo previously chose to protect him. 

The Dons of both families cannot be targeted in this way.  They are immune from being voted out (unless the Don happens to be the last member of her family left standing).

Remiel

Quote from: Galanthor on July 05, 2010, 02:19:42 AM
so "special" roles just send their choice to you?

That is correct.  When the time comes, I will ask the Bodyguards whom they want to protect (if not their Don), the Consiglieres who they want to investigate, and the Assassins if they want to use their assassination effect, and if so, on whom.  This happens after the voting.  The Capos, on the other hand, choose whom they want to protect before the voting.

desert ashes

Quote from: Remiel on July 05, 2010, 02:22:47 AM
That is correct.  When the time comes, I will ask the Bodyguards whom they want to protect (if not their Don), the Consiglieres who they want to investigate, and the Assassins if they want to use their assassination effect, and if so, on whom.  This happens after the voting.  The Capos, on the other hand, choose whom they want to protect before the voting.

Now you've confused me because of this:

Quote# Capo: can protect one Family member each night from his opponents' vote.
# Bodyguard: is responsible for protecting the Don from the enemy Assassin's bullet.

I thought only the Capos could protect others outside of the Don?
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Remiel

The Bodyguards, like the Capos, can protect anyone they choose.  The difference is that, while the Capos can protect against either the vote or the Assassin's bullet, the Bodyguard can only protect against the Assassin.   Thus, while it is assumed that the Bodyguard will protect the Don (since the Don is already immune from the vote, but not the Assassin), this is not necessarily the case. 

In other words,

• The Assassin can target anyone they want (including the enemy Don), but they only get one shot.
  • The Capo can protect any Family member from the other family's vote.
  • The Capo may instead, if they wish, protect the Don from the enemy Assassin.
  • The Capo must make their choice before the voting. 
  • The Bodyguard cannot protect anyone against the other family's vote.
  • The Bodyguard can protect any family member (including him or herself) from the Assassin.
  • The Bodyguard makes their choice after the voting.

I hope this clears it up somewhat. -_-;