Previous topic - Next topic

inkSecret

Reflections of Fate

Anachronistic
Steam Powered Trains, Swords, Guns, Medieval Castles, Ancient Androids
Magic
Considered Witchcraft, mostly unknown to commoners

Synopsis
The Kingdom of Ilianora, governed by the twelve noble houses have been in uproar over whom should lead and take over it's nation and the surrounding land, as the northern armies of Koush slowly breaks it's way into it's barricades and militia.  Lead by a peerless warlord, promising to leave nothing of Ilianora standing.  The houses are still incapable of organizing a defense amongst each other.

Whilst unbeknownst to most Humans, the rise of monstrous creatures have grown rapidly deep in the forest and caves.  Something unnatural has been happening in these lands.  Severed from most communication with all other races, the beastmen have been fighting and withdrawing from this strange happenstance.  Mostly, not caring about the implications of what this omen might mean.

This game is freeform, in that there is an open world with many different plots to choose and approach.
There is no obligatory direction to move toward.  Whether the character decides to fight for good or evil, greed or selfishness is entirely up to you.

Rules
During posts, only write what your character attempts to do.  A post will be returned in how it affects the world or other players.

To Join
1. Post a character request for approval.
2. Upon approval, you'll be given an introductory post

Character Request
Given Name :
Family Name :

[Race Information Below]
Race :
Type :

Statistics [Divide 1000pts among these 9 statistics for your character (100pts being average)]
Force - To create impact in a single moment [Striking / Pushing]
Control - To apply pressure over time [Grappling / Throwing]
Stability - To withstand and resist force [Carrying / Withstanding]

Agility - To manipulate body gravity and shape [Dodging / Balancing]
Mobility - To move from point a to point b [Running / Jumping]
Dexterity - To have control over minute actions [Accuracy / Timing]

Focus - To perceive at a distance [Sniping / Scouting]
Awareness - To perceive your surroundings [Traps / Anti-Stealth]
Concentration - To apply one's will to a specific statistic

Physical Description [Write short paragraph on your characters physical traits only]
Equipment [Write short paragraph of their equipment and how it's worn]

Does your character use magic? Yes / No [Be forewarned that the magic system in this game is very different, but it can certainly be discussed]

History [In a few sentences or a few pages, write a summary of the character idea you have in mind.  Be creative, Mercenaries, Princesses, Waiter, Shopkeeper are all valid histories or jobs to have.  This will be discussed later]

Races

Humans
Humans are an adaptive race.  They are the most ambitious, adventurous and direct of any of the races.  In addition these traits, they are also the most able to manipulate supernatural circumstances, however rare that is.  Humans may seem all alike but are really separated into three types.
Youths
The youth is most in tune with the imagination as possible, and they may see things that others cannot see.  Humans, that are also "youth" types are typically children, but there is no age constraint for being like a child.
Champions
The Champions of Humans, are primarily the type of Humans that make changes in the world.  They are a testament to the great willpower of humans, and their ability to adapt and persist.
Elders
Elders are the slowest of humans, and are representative of steadfast mentality that is able to overcome all obstacles with the smallest of changes.  Humans that are also "elders" are typically seniors, but there is no age constraint for being old.

Beasts
Beasts are an ancient race, older than any of the races.  Legend has it that they were the first lives to walk upon the world.  The most powerful of beasts seem human to the eyes of Elders and Champions.  However, ultimately they are not bipedal creatures.  Whilst they may seem human and even interact with them, they are still creatures of nature.
Lapine
Female Only. The Lapine are incredibly fast.  They also have the ability to communicate danger to each other through vibrations.  Being a Lapine means to always be aware of when danger is nearby.
Oscine
Male Only. The cranes are creatures of circumstance that are very gentle at peace, but can be deadly when provoked.  Oscine are the only race that can fly.
Lupine
Male Only. The Lupine are pack hunters and very rarely find themselves being the prey of anyone.  Highly capable in teams, their sense of smell is unparalleled and they have incredibly sharp teeth.
Feline
Female Only. Felines often find themselves in Human communities.  Although they can adapt to the wilderness as well, it is very easy for them to put humans or animals underneath their dominance.  Felines manipulate the supernatural in their own way.
Cervine
Female Only. The Cervine are mute to Humans, and are unable to speak even though they can project the illusion of being human.  They're capable of bounding in and out of the spirit world at will.

Androids
Androids have been around for what seems to be as long as Beasts.  Their creators seem entirely unknown.  They primarily operate out of "Manufacturing 01", a mountain rich in materials where they give birth to new Androids.  Androids mostly take on the appearance of humans, but their eyes reflect a console/terminal that can be read by human programmers.  Their eyes also glow.  Although Androids ARE emotional creatures, they're unfailingly logical.  It is difficult for them to seem emotional when they can easily come to conclusions that most races have trouble reaching.  The most predominant emotion in Androids are "gratefulness".  There are two types of Androids
Ancients
Ancients all belong to a technology well before the recording of human history.  They are nearly indestructible in these sense that their manifestations are based on touchable light.  Ancients carry their physical servers with them, and then remotely control a body of pure energy within their server's range.  An ancient can be destroyed if their server is destroyed, but this is difficult because their manifestation grows stronger the closer they are to their physical server.  A manifestation that is destroyed, takes half an hour to ten minutes to be rebuilt from the physical server based on I/O
Golems
Golems are complete physical beings that have no networking functions apart from directly connecting.  They are often much stronger than Ancients and seem to relate to humans far easier.  Golems have their own type of immortality, by being able to back themselves up to a database.  However, because each Golem's AI is so vast there simply isn't enough room to fit complete copies.  Only the privileged seem to be able to have full backups of themselves.

Elves
Elves are an Immortal race that often follow deeply into politics.  They live in a world of Fae parallel but far beyond the belief of most Humans.  It is rare for Elves and Humans to interact with each other at all.  Because of the type of human that they are, champions and elders are unable to interact with Elves.  Beasts and Elves relate to each other very well.  The Androids only know of the existence of elves as factual, yet Androids are incapable of seeing Elves, however they can effect elves.  Elves on the other hand are capable of seeing androids, but are not capable of effecting them.  Elves are creatures born of imagination, but are most at the mercy to the supernatural.  Most humans are considered insane for believing in Elves
Fae
The Fae court comes from order and justice.  They are often found seeking favor from nobles, and thinking up acts of mischief.  The Fae are creatures of story, and can manipulate reality as if one had to accept the reality of a children's story book.  Yet they are also confined to restrictions of writing as well.  The fae change the world in their own quiet way.
Dark
Dark elves come from the mishap of a Fae elf that lives within the heart of a human "youth".  If that youth suffers a traumatic experience, and the Fae is unable to bring the youth out of that trauma, the fae becomes a dark elf.  A dark elf, has the same restrictions of living the reality of a children's story book except that they play the villains.  And also suffer the same strengths and benefits as a villain would.

[Any questions?  Please post them here]

Arcite

This seems pretty interesting, I might have a go with you.  Not my usual style but I'm up for anything once.  You'll have to give me a bit to get a character together.
Keep pretending this is how it's supposed to be and smile pretty for the camera.

inkSecret

Quote from: Arcite on May 11, 2012, 03:09:58 AM
This seems pretty interesting, I might have a go with you.  Not my usual style but I'm up for anything once.  You'll have to give me a bit to get a character together.

If you have any questions, go ahead and ask.

Zad

Given Name : Septien
Family Name : Crux

Born Winter / Summer : Winter

Race : Elf
Type : Dark

Statistics [Divide 1000pts among these 9 statistics for your character (100pts being average)]
Force - 200
Control - 36
Stability - 100

Agility - 100
Mobility - 143
Dexterity - 76

Focus - 100
Awareness - 157
Concentration - 100

Physical Description - Septien is an aged dark elf, with a wispy moustache and bears of white. His eyes are dar, stormy grey, hanging above his crooked nose. His skin is slightly blackened for a dark elf, and his hair is long, tied back to prevent it from staying his hand should combat be inevitable. Standing a proud 5'7", Septien's stature is usually straight, radiating pomposity to lesser races.

Equipment Robes that ease Septien's movement.
Sandals on his feet that are tightly strapped to prevent them falling off

Does your character use magic? No

History - Septien's age does not discount from the sands of fate. As a young man, this dark elf took part in many displeasurable things, such as slaughtering villages with an army, participating in raids on heavily defended cities, and even doing some mercenary work to fill in the time. Septien, in his own mind, led the life all dark elves aspire to have. But then he reached the age where he started getting too old to take on raids, but too young to be considered for leadership. He was cast aside, so he began studying unarmed combat, an art he had never succeeded in. It dominated his days, until, at the age of 58 in human years, he was a mmaster of the art of hand to hand. Relying more on power then speed, Septien knows in a battle, he must rely on his sense to keep him alive.
Now, aged 60, Septien travels a lonely path, in seacrh of something to keep him busy before his long life ends

Arcite

With golems being androids are they still allowed a fleshy feel with hair and such or are they more mechanical in feel and appearance?
Keep pretending this is how it's supposed to be and smile pretty for the camera.

Arcite

inkSecret

Quote from: Arcite on May 11, 2012, 03:31:34 AM
With golems being androids are they still allowed a fleshy feel with hair and such or are they more mechanical in feel and appearance?

Yes, Golems are just the type of Androids and only in Name
They look and feel as humans, except that their skin and touch is always going to be cold.
The most mechanical is in their emotions.  Androids have emotions, but rarely feel them

The android family name is their manufacturing subtype.  So you can choose any family/manufacturing brand name you want

inkSecret

Quote from: Zad on May 11, 2012, 03:27:58 AM
History - Septien's age does not discount from the sands of fate. As a young man, this dark elf took part in many displeasurable things, such as slaughtering villages with an army, participating in raids on heavily defended cities, and even doing some mercenary work to fill in the time. Septien, in his own mind, led the life all dark elves aspire to have. But then he reached the age where he started getting too old to take on raids, but too young to be considered for leadership. He was cast aside, so he began studying unarmed combat, an art he had never succeeded in. It dominated his days, until, at the age of 58 in human years, he was a mmaster of the art of hand to hand. Relying more on power then speed, Septien knows in a battle, he must rely on his sense to keep him alive.
Now, aged 60, Septien travels a lonely path, in seacrh of something to keep him busy before his long life ends

How flexible can we be with this.  I want to start right from where he mastered H2H combat.  Are you willing to roleplay being mentored?  We could get this rolling now after this question

Zad

I think I'm misunderstanding.
You want hi to hae mastered hand to hand and be mentoring?
OR you want him to be a student and have a mentor?

inkSecret

Quote from: Zad on May 11, 2012, 03:40:55 AM
I think I'm misunderstanding.
You want hi to hae mastered hand to hand and be mentoring?
OR you want him to be a student and have a mentor?

I want to start the roleplay of his character with the moment he Mastered hand to hand combat
Did he have a mentor, or did he learn it on his own?

Zad

self-taught. He had years to learn, so I believe it makes sense

inkSecret

Quote from: Zad on May 11, 2012, 03:44:24 AM
self-taught. He had years to learn, so I believe it makes sense

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=139803.0

In your first post, try to give me an idea of where he is.  Begin his day out.
Let's warm up

Zad

Can I do it a bit later, but I'm going to come back. Just getting food

inkSecret

Quote from: Zad on May 11, 2012, 03:56:25 AM
Can I do it a bit later, but I'm going to come back. Just getting food

Sure thing...  I might fall unconscious, but I'll be reposting as soon as I get back

Arcite

Given Name :Vatik
Family Name : SII Series 05

Born Winter / Summer : winter

Race : Android
Type : Golem

Force - 90
Control - 95
Stability - 105

Agility - 115
Mobility - 110
Dexterity - 130

Focus - 130
Awareness - 115
Concentration - 110

Physical Description - Vatik has a relatively tall stature at 5'11".  Her body is very angular with sharp straight facial features.  She appears to have a strong and lithe muscle structure with a moderate bust line and narrow hips.  Her hair is a deep brown with a few coppery highlights that are most noticeable in the sun.  As an android her eyes glow a deep synthetic green.

Equipment - Light leather armor and leather boots, cross bow with steel arrows

Does your character use magic? - No

History - Vatik was 'born' to be a balanced hand for hire.  She was made with a higher proficiency in long range weaponry and quick stealth.  Vatik is most hired to rid areas of unwanted beasts or when there is a person of particulars that needs to be done away with quietly and with discretion.  As a golem Vatik keeps to herself with a keen interest in observing organic life.

Zad

Question. Are other people going to post in the thread, or is it just going to be you and me?

inkSecret

inkSecret

Quote from: Zad on May 11, 2012, 12:43:19 PM
Question. Are other people going to post in the thread, or is it just going to be you and me?

I'm keeping it simple by separating the threads, when we get accepted we'll transfer it to one on ones.  When and if the stories come together, I can combine them into one

inkSecret

Quote from: Arcite on May 11, 2012, 04:32:21 AM

History - Vatik was 'born' to be a balanced hand for hire.  She was made with a higher proficiency in long range weaponry and quick stealth.  Vatik is most hired to rid areas of unwanted beasts or when there is a person of particulars that needs to be done away with quietly and with discretion.  As a golem Vatik keeps to herself with a keen interest in observing organic life.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=139827.0

Ready for your post

Zad

Ok, I'll need a bit of time to think that one through. Not sure how Septien would handle that situation yet
Ok... that sort of makes sense. It's just I'm not really a fan of one on ones. I prefer group games. Maybe that's just my Dungeon Master side talking

inkSecret

Quote from: Zad on May 11, 2012, 12:57:11 PM
Ok, I'll need a bit of time to think that one through. Not sure how Septien would handle that situation yet
Ok... that sort of makes sense. It's just I'm not really a fan of one on ones. I prefer group games. Maybe that's just my Dungeon Master side talking

I understand, the game is only like this because the characters all come from their own backgrounds.  I don't want them to get in the way of other people's posts.  It also makes it that much more exciting when characters meet each other

Arcite

I put up a post but tried not to take everything out at once..like I said not used to this style so I'll take guidence

inkSecret

Quote from: Arcite on May 11, 2012, 03:43:20 PM
I put up a post but tried not to take everything out at once..like I said not used to this style so I'll take guidence

Was a good post.  The only thing is try to post as if Vatik is making an attempt.  I'll write the results of the things that she does

Like :

She aimed at the taller of the two men and fired, her steel arrow cutting through his neck.

To be :

She aimed at the taller of the two men and fired, her steel arrow soaring toward his neck.

That's all

Zad

Sorry, inkSerect, I'm going to have to leave this game
Good luck with it and your approval