So I have this idea involving my vampire and awkward blood doll situations!

Started by TheKnifeWon, June 23, 2011, 04:09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheKnifeWon

Oookay, so. In the universe I use, vampires are known to the world (recently, True Blood concept basis), and can use magic (roughly like V:tM, without that pesky specification of who can use what and how it works, ha-ha). My character basically helps hide evidence of vampires' magic use and related crap, because if humans knew about it, that would risk exposing other supernaturals who might not be ready (so, at this point, only vampires are 'out'--no weres or shifters, though that may happen in the scope of my using this character). This generally involves confiscating magical artifacts that mischievous vampires plant in human shops and killing monsters/other crap they make, but can involve other things. Basically, after doing more difficult missions, particularly on nights he hasn't had real blood, he finds himself mad with bloodlust. It wouldn't be within his best interest to regularly go on murderous rampages, you know, so he's beginning to think that maybe he needs to keep humans handy, to have a pre-mission pick-me-up (and/or a post-mission meal).

THIS IS NOT A TRADITIONAL SLAVE/MASTER SET UP.

Figured I'd get that out of the way. OK. Essentially, Maxwell lived most of his vampire existence playing human with his maker--that is, they used magic to pass effectively, and created many roles for themselves. Husband/wife, brother/sister, father/daughter, etc. (she was young when turned, he was older). They didn't need the 'vampire government' to support them, and Eva taught him that living among vampires was against their nature, that they weren't social predators, and that other vampires represented competition and risk of exposure, not camaraderie. So, having lived so long pretending to be human, compassion--or something like it--became natural to him. That is, while plenty of vampires keep blood dolls (for lack of a more convenient term) and don't think a thing of it, Maxwell's too used to trying to wear human shoes, even though it's been a couple years. So the idea of keeping someone around it, uhm. . .he's practical enough to realize he needs to do it as long as he keeps the job as it is (or, he feels he needs to), but he's sort of. . ."What the hell is it like in their position?"

Anyway, so that's the dynamic it would be--something that, in the actual power dynamic, may resemble master/slave play, but would have few, if any, elements of it otherwise. On a site like this, I feel as though I need to make that apparent.

As for what the actual story would move like. . .your character (any gender, as long as they're human and not some kind of hentai caricature. . .he's pansexual) would be posting in search of a roommate, on craigslist or equivalent (that's my image of it, if you have a better idea of how he'd learn of the search, I'm up for listening). Maxwell would contact them, giving pictures of his lovely house and offering a rent-free room there, but there's the catch. . .a few different character types could be fun here. Someone who finds the prospect of being fed from hot, someone who's unsure but really needs a free room, someone who's a little naive and fails to realize how erotic feeding is, etc.. He will expect these people to be sexually available to him, but he may or may not make that 100% apparent before they meet. He's not above certain types of coercion, but a blatant rapist, he is not--so, again, note that that won't be a part of it.

I want to start the scene at LEAST at your character hauling their stuff into his house--that's the latest point I'm willing to "insinuate the rest" at. I can start as early as writing the emails he sends, etc.. I'm open for multiple respondents to this ad, because IC, it might involve multiple people. . .note that he won't be constantly feeding on any one character, nor will he use these characters for his main source of blood (this may lead to an IC conflict of sorts, who knows!). That doesn't mean we won't be playing scenes like that--just know that your character's day to day life, so to speak, won't involve being bitten unto weakness, etc.. In fact, he'll probably seek out multiple people specifically so that doesn't happen. I'd also welcome people interested in playing multiple roles (friends, maybe siblings, stuff like that--though, if the siblings were the case, he'd be with the siblings separately, not together), but that's absolutely not required. In the event that I do find multiple people to play this with, I'm not entirely sure how I'll work it, but that's logistics for a later time, yeah?

Contact me however is convenient. Here, PMs, messengers, etc..

EDIT: Please note that I am looking for writers who 'fit in' with my usual, internal-dialogue-heavy writing style. I want partners who write from a perspective very close to their character's head, etc., rather than from the perspective of someone watching them, and things like that. . .get a look at my posting history to get an idea of what I mean, I suppose. This generally means 150+ words a post, and a heavy sense of familiarity with your character and their inner workings, that you make apparent in the writing style. This is not so much my idea of what is and isn't "good writing", but what I'm interested in reading and writing. . .I've found that RPs I do with people who write differently quickly get boring for one or both of them.

Kuje

This looks kind of fun, I'm interested. I'd thinking probably playing a female character who doesn't know what she was getting into when agreeing to rent a room/live in this house.

We could play it that she slowly learns what he expected of her.....

TheKnifeWon

What do you mean by that? Past a certain point (I'm beginning to think, either with a phone call or when they meet in the flesh, because he might not want people able to easily trace that kind of solicitation), there's no way she could be ignorant about his plans to bite her--that's the whole point and he'd make it abundantly clear. The fact that that tends to involve sex is what he might be hazy about. . .if that's what you mean, cool, but if you're looking for some kind of 'I had no idea he meant to bite me!' angle, not so much.

Kuje

Quote from: TheKnifeWon on June 23, 2011, 11:33:23 AM
What do you mean by that? Past a certain point (I'm beginning to think, either with a phone call or when they meet in the flesh, because he might not want people able to easily trace that kind of solicitation), there's no way she could be ignorant about his plans to bite her--that's the whole point and he'd make it abundantly clear. The fact that that tends to involve sex is what he might be hazy about. . .if that's what you mean, cool, but if you're looking for some kind of 'I had no idea he meant to bite me!' angle, not so much.

Nah, I meant at the beginning she would be naive about what he expected from her. Once once she was living there, she'd know what he wanted from her.

TheKnifeWon

So you'd want to start from writing the email exchange or something like that. . .? Or are you more concerned with writing her uncertainty once she's there?

Kuje

Quote from: TheKnifeWon on June 23, 2011, 12:34:21 PM
So you'd want to start from writing the email exchange or something like that. . .? Or are you more concerned with writing her uncertainty once she's there?

Either works for me. It could be interesting to have a opening scene before she moves in..... I'm not picky. Which one is more comfortable to you?

TheKnifeWon

I'm thinking that I might prefer to write a meeting at a coffee shop or something, because I'm not entirely sure I could write correspondence in my character's 'voice', haha. But yeah, he'll definitely be meeting with people beforehand to be sure they're a good fit--that they look healthy, that he's not repelled by their personality, etc. etc..

Kuje

Quote from: TheKnifeWon on June 23, 2011, 01:13:55 PM
I'm thinking that I might prefer to write a meeting at a coffee shop or something, because I'm not entirely sure I could write correspondence in my character's 'voice', haha. But yeah, he'll definitely be meeting with people beforehand to be sure they're a good fit--that they look healthy, that he's not repelled by their personality, etc. etc..

That sounds fine with me, and it makes sense having them meet somewhere else before moving in. So, sounds good.

TheKnifeWon

EDIT: My logistics are fuzzy, but I was considering that I'd write separate threads with people, and insinuate other people's characters as NPCs in the threads that aren't with them. I'd mention their presence, allude to things done, maybe, but I wouldn't play anyone else's character. People could RP together if they felt like it, but there would be no obligation, and the degree to which they do or don't meet outside of Maxwell's experience (eg  during the day) would be entirely up to other players. Maybe it could be something silly that makes them not meet, like they all have different sleep requirements? :P

Kuje

Quote from: TheKnifeWon on June 23, 2011, 01:47:41 PM
EDIT: My logistics are fuzzy, but I was considering that I'd write separate threads with people, and insinuate other people's characters as NPCs in the threads that aren't with them. I'd mention their presence, allude to things done, maybe, but I wouldn't play anyone else's character. People could RP together if they felt like it, but there would be no obligation, and the degree to which they do or don't meet outside of Maxwell's experience (eg  during the day) would be entirely up to other players. Maybe it could be something silly that makes them not meet, like they all have different sleep requirements? :P

Separate threads for each character makes sense to me. As well as having different sleep schedules. I guess that begs the question, does Maxwell "die" when the sun is up? If he doesn't, maybe that's why he wanted them to have different sleep schedules, that way he'll always have a donor that is awake if he feels like having a snack. :)

TheKnifeWon

Oh, yeah, he definitely 'dies' when the sun rises. I have three necessary qualities of vampires from which I'll never deviate--can't be in the sun, can't make babies and can't survive on anything other than the blood of higher creatures (humans, weres, fae, etc.. . .synthetic equivalents will nourish them in the sense that they won't starve, but only real blood replenishes magical energy, which is what he's seeking these people out for). He pretty much passes out when the sun rises, so they can't all hang out in the basement, haha.

Kuje

Quote from: TheKnifeWon on June 23, 2011, 02:22:23 PM
Oh, yeah, he definitely 'dies' when the sun rises. I have three necessary qualities of vampires from which I'll never deviate--can't be in the sun, can't make babies and can't survive on anything other than the blood of higher creatures (humans, weres, fae, etc.. . .synthetic equivalents will nourish them in the sense that they won't starve, but only real blood replenishes magical energy, which is what he's seeking these people out for). He pretty much passes out when the sun rises, so they can't all hang out in the basement, haha.

Alright, was just a idea. But at the same time, you do want our chars to have lives outside of the house, so they could attend jobs, classes, etc, which could make them have different sleep schedules. It could add to the RP, making our chars fit their schedules around when Maxwell wants them for sex, drinking, etc.

TheKnifeWon

Yeah, exactly. They're not meant to be slaves who have nothing but him--I don't like playing with dependent characters. They're not "his", they just live there--they're free to have sex lives outside of being with him, even (though he may spoil sex for them, ha-ha). If someone couldn't find employment he'd feed them and shit, but it's not the intention.

Kuje

Quote from: TheKnifeWon on June 23, 2011, 02:34:13 PM
Yeah, exactly. They're not meant to be slaves who have nothing but him--I don't like playing with dependent characters. They're not "his", they just live there--they're free to have sex lives outside of being with him, even (though he may spoil sex for them, ha-ha). If someone couldn't find employment he'd feed them and shit, but it's not the intention.

Exactly.

I hope you don't give up on this, it sounds pretty fun. :)

TheKnifeWon

Yeah, I'll probably write up a thread at some point and PM it to you (haven't got anyone else who's for-sure on yet, save for one person who I found outside of elliquiy). I think it's a little bit unlikely to keep them from meeting that way, but, it's possible, all the same. . .I really don't mind feeble excuses to keep an RP enjoyable, haha. I like a certain level of quality, but I have no delusions of writing anything that's like. . .legitimately good.

Kuje

Quote from: TheKnifeWon on June 23, 2011, 02:44:53 PM
Yeah, I'll probably write up a thread at some point and PM it to you (haven't got anyone else who's for-sure on yet, save for one person who I found outside of elliquiy). I think it's a little bit unlikely to keep them from meeting that way, but, it's possible, all the same. . .I really don't mind feeble excuses to keep an RP enjoyable, haha. I like a certain level of quality, but I have no delusions of writing anything that's like. . .legitimately good.

Looking forward to the thread then.

Selenity Rose

Would you be interested in a fae? I like the CtL idea that fae blood, can be like a certain drug. So a post mission drink preference to relax if you'd like. Would be interested in perhaps her running into him while she was on the way to a shelter, clearly needing the assistance?

TheKnifeWon

I don't like the idea of using fae, no. The whole "special blood" thing is one of those situations where I find it much more entertaining to play the 'victim' than the predator--from my perspective, it's sort of corny and awkward. Basically, if I'm playing with a character mine finds difficult to resist, I prefer that it has something to do with some part of their identity, personally; something about them that's up to their choice, not because they happen to have a certain blood type or whatever.

TheKnifeWon

OK, I'm still looking for people. A couple updates--I edited something into the main post about the desired posting style. I'm not very articulate talking about such things, so unfortunately I can't think of a shorthand for the kind of writing I like to write, and read. . .we can discuss this, if necessary. Also, the most likely first scene we'll do is a kind of interview between Maxwell and your character. He'll ask to meet in person, in order to clarify his intentions to them, and to try and read their own intentions, and of course to see if the person is attractive to him. This is more of a personality analysis than anything--he's lived long enough, with the proper mindset, to find beauty in all manner of human forms, so that's not quite what he's after. It's easy for him to be intensely turned off by certain personality types and the like.

Mmyep, contact me as desired!