News:

Main Menu

Movies

Started by Sugarman (hal), December 10, 2006, 12:42:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sugarman (hal)

I just watch Beowulf & Grendel : In an adventure imbrued with blood and tragedy, the legendary Norseman Beowulf (Gerard Butler) must command an army across the seas of ancient Northern Europe to conquer the evil troll Grendel.

So I liked it. I'm interested in movies of this type and would love others to share their favorite movies of fantasy like this.
"And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love you make."

My On/Off's

GoldenChild

Ok, lets list some then:

Willow - Willow, a small farmer/apprentice magician, meets Madmartigan, a great swordsman, and together they journey through a war-torn land of magic and monsters, to save a baby princess from death at the hands of an evil queen.

(I didn't list Lord of the Ring and Conan... others can do then ;))

belsammael

Ow, Grendel and Willow, both classics :)

As far as oldies are concerned, there's also Legend.. which i really need to watch again because all i can remember of it are unicorns and a big horned evil devil.. and the Neverending Story, which is still a classic I must say... world of faerietales and imagination, slowly dying because people stop believing.. :)

Also have high hopes for Eragon, though I hope the emphasis on that one won't be too much on special effects alone.

Caustic

"Legend's" a great film... a couple of 'interesting' performances weaken it, but it's artistically done, and Tim Curry as the Dark Lord is... phenomenal.  Watching that role makes it hard to reconcile the actor under all that red makeup and prosthetics and the quipping, staunchly upper-class butler in "Clue".  (Another great one). 

Oh, and Mia Sara is quite lovely.  (sighs.)  Which segueways to another topic, perhaps.  Certainly not one for this forum.  I'd like to discuss how IRRITATING it is when women ruin their natural beauty with plastic surgery.  She was... amazing.

Other greats?  Dragonslayer.  If you can get past the outdated effects and maintain the suspension of disbelief, this film is great.
Ladyhawke, maybe?  Am I going too old school here?  Do ya feel me, people? ;D
Stories are for those late hours in the night when you can't remember how you got from where you were to where you are. Stories are for eternity, when memory is erased, when there is nothing to remember but the story. -Tim O'Brien

RubySlippers

Sword and the Sorceror: This general Talon the last son of a fallen King Richard and wields a sword with three blades where two can fly out as a ranged weapon defeats the evil Usurper King that killed his family AND an evil sorceror that also wanted the bad guy. Has the merits of being so bad its good. In one scene Talon was being crucified and pulled himself spikes and all free and fought the bad guys peons and the evil sorceror and the warlord bad guy in that order after that. I mean so awesome.

Lord of the G-String: Ok not the greatest epic of all time but hell you have horney naked little throbbits, hot throbbit on human lesbian sex action and poking fun at the whole genre. And did I mention women that look like normal sexy women doing it no silicon and no ultr-skinny models unless nature blessed them that way. And I love when the cowardly lion gets his ask kicked by the venturing throbbits! lol

Sugarman (hal)

Quote from: RubySlippers on December 13, 2006, 07:32:18 PM

Lord of the G-String: Ok not the greatest epic of all time but hell you have horney naked little throbbits, hot throbbit on human lesbian sex action and poking fun at the whole genre. And did I mention women that look like normal sexy women doing it no silicon and no ultr-skinny models unless nature blessed them that way. And I love when the cowardly lion gets his ask kicked by the venturing throbbits! lol

WOW... now I'm intrigued... Damn... not on netflix list ::)
"And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love you make."

My On/Off's

RubySlippers

Get the UNRATED version on eBay the R-Rated one cuts out almost all the hot lesbian sex.  >:(

Really it is low budget but funny and sexy. And no grusome violence I tend to hate that in movies. I mean what is so scary about someone getting rendered in parts for no good reason. It can be funny to have gore and the like in context but I favor good plot scary movies like SILENT HILL now that was well made some gore but overall tasteful. But sex and nudity and such can be really nice. Sorry for edging off topic.