News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

God bless Google

Started by Remiel, April 03, 2013, 03:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remiel

Without it, I would still be tearing my hair out trying to figure out the word for a person who serves wine at upscale establishments (a sommelier) and the French phrase for "flavour of the day"  (saveur du jour).

What have YOU learned, thanks to Google?

Sabby

Today, I typed in "Why do I..."

The top 4 results were "Why do I sweat so much", "Why do I have have no friends", "Why do I bruise so easily", and "Why do I fart so much"

Can't help but feel those are all related somehow...

Love And Submission

This thread made me remember that one month where google tried to ruin youtube by taking like every good video on the site down.

That was terrible when it happened but hilarious now.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Beguile's Mistress

Thanks to Google I've learned about a lot of things not appropriate for this forum. :-) ::)

Lilias

The interactive Google Doodles are where it's at. :-)
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Aadreal

I've learned that anything I Google is recorded, remembered and then used to focus my later searches.  (Not to mention used to create personalized ads and who knows what else.) Which is why I now Duck it. *nods*  Some of the ads and such were getting REALLY creepy based on my searches for researching rp's.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Aadreal on April 05, 2013, 12:10:27 PM
I've learned that anything I Google is recorded, remembered and then used to focus my later searches.  (Not to mention used to create personalized ads and who knows what else.) Which is why I now Duck it. *nods*  Some of the ads and such were getting REALLY creepy based on my searches for researching rp's.

Oh.. so +1.

(add in my tech related searches, my research on civil liberties and some foreign countries ..and it gets really really creepy)

Geeklet

You know, there are ways you can change/remove the settings for what determines what the google ads show.

Love And Submission

Also  , there are people who search the internet without adblocker?! Why?! I turned it off yesterday and made it about four hours before turning it back on.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Formless

ausyandy

I couldn't even begin to list everything I've learned from good ol' Googs...

Diablerie

Damn, I'd have to say I've learned so many things and whenever I have no dictionary in hand to verify how to write a specific word, that is my go to place! ^.^

Medias

oh jesus, if google didn't exist i'd probably be useless. I use it as a dictionary, for research, for minor translations...all sorts

Caeli

Quote from: Lilias on April 03, 2013, 07:32:41 AM
The interactive Google Doodles are where it's at. :-)

+1.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Haze

Well, I learned about this forum, and I think that's good enough for me.

Also, if I need to look something up, I whip out my phone and type something like this on the tiny phone keyboard:
hwo do i downlaod moer ram?
But thankfully google is smart enough to decipher what I'm saying.