A Dark Fantasy RP (OOC and Interest check)

Started by Wyrd, July 07, 2010, 03:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wyrd

Quote from: Question Mark on July 12, 2010, 10:53:05 PM

My only questions are about magic and technology.  What level of technology is there?  Do we have primitive guns or steampunk (a la Warcraft), or is it pure fantasy (a la LotR)?

What kind of magic exists in the world?  Is it common?  What are its abilities, its limits?  Where do magic users draw power from (i.e. from lambent energy, a definitive power source somewhere, from within themselves, etc.)?  Do certain people have a natural aptitude for it, or can anyone learn how to use it?  Does magic work only through specific incantations (think spoken spells, written scrolls, runes, empowered objects, etc.), or is it free energy that can be willed to do whatever work the mage wishes?

It's more like a LotR, Eragon type fantasy(No guns at all). Nearly every being can use magic in some way or another if they are taught, although It's harder for some races to learn as easy as others.

Magic comes form the will and mana of the heavens and Hells. Thus their is light magic and Dark magic, and in some cases gray magic.

Summoning magic uses special words activate. Sorcery needs magic objects. While most other magic is drawn from the spirits of the gods (No words or Objects, just intense thought.)     

Magic is vary common among the elves, Every elf is embedded with some knowledge of magic and how to use it. Humans are also Vary accustomed to magic, though not as much as the Elves. It is rare among the Dwarves but not unheard of. It is vary rare to ever hear of an orc using magic.

Magic is not limitless. A mere novice in magic will not even get a door to open, while a master wizard will be able to make all of Ensiferum rain for a day.       
Ragtime Dandies!

Wyrd

The RP thread is now up!

link - The Shadows of Ensiferum

I will also be putting making a new OOC thread n the same area.
Ragtime Dandies!