Fallen Knight

Started by Charisma, March 11, 2011, 02:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charisma

The West always seems peaceful, this time of night. From the balcony of the castle, Princess Alexandria would dream that the whole land would be as peaceful as she envisions it at night. Everything looks the same, and no matter where you were, she would dream that the East and the West were one, and cooperating as such. During the day, the sight is almost unbearable, for she could see the noticeable boundaries between the two. Separated by a river, the two sides are different in every way. On her side of the river, there were farms that produced an abundance of food for the people, and the animals were very well taken care of. The water supply that ran through town seemed to sparkle as the sun hit it. People were happy, and during the day, she'd watch the kids playing as the parents looked over their children.

Across the river is where the blissfulness ended. At first glance, one could tell that the property was not taken care of. The water supply is unpure, and the soil is unfertile, producing not even a small blade of grass. The trees had died many years ago, due to a fire that had 'started', and it wiped out most of the east. The king of the East offered his condolences, and promised every man, woman and child that there was room in the castle for them, with the promise that life would be better for them. All was well, at first, then the people of the East were treated much differently than promised. They were treated as slaves, and every day, things always seemed to be getting worse.

Tonight, she looked upon the West with a different thought. Fear and desperation invaded her thoughts as she looked toward the East. She and her family had spent years avoiding conflict. She didn't want to get people involved, and change everything that they grew up believing. The West was built with a heavenly image, and people worked together to help this image come true. Everyone was equal, no matter what position they held, and if they had the resources, they wouldn't think twice about helping someone else who had less than them. Everyone was happy, and that's exactly how she wanted it.

Alex looked down at the button in her hand from a uniform with a symbol of a bear, the symbol of the East. It was they, who abducted her father. It had to be them. She looked at the button with hatred. They had stolen her father from his own castle, a feat that not even Alex would try to attempt. She missed her father, but knew that panic and hysteria would hit the West, the second they found out that their King had been abducted. Chaos would fly through the town, and everyone would become as angry and as afraid as she was. She had to come up with a way to get her father back.

As she contemplated the issue over and over in her head, coming up with a new way to save her father each time, she looked up to see a shooting star. She sighed after she made her wish, but the longer she watched it, the bigger the star became. 'What is that?' She thought as she continued watching. It shined like a star, but stars have never grown like this one was, and it seemed to be growing fast. The closer to the earth the light came, the more intently she watched it. She had never seen anything like it, before.

Chelemar

Jackson Talbot swore long and hard, but still his ship refused to respond.   Warning sirens blared and red lights flashed all around him, but despite all his efforts, he could only make the oncoming impact as minimal as possible.  Strapping into his life chair, he slammed his bio-helmet on his head and flicked the atmosphere controls.

A soft-feminine voice came from the control panel.  "Impact in 5...4...3"

As the Bella, the name of the ships's computer, counted down to impact, Jackson remembered to keep his body loose, though the urge to brace was almost overwhelming.  First there was a grinding sound as the ship hit the planet.  The whole ship rocked, and while the special seat he sat in was developed to take the brunt of the impact, he too was wobbled around like a toy man being shaken by a giant child. 

Dazed for a moment as the ship finally came to a halt, he could only sit there.  Slowly coming out of his stupor, he punched a series of codes in the panels on his chair.  His ship, while not dead, was gravely injured and his chances of leaving this planet were slim.  His heart sunk and a bitter taste filled his mouth. 

Pressing a button, he released the straps that bound him.  "Time to check out my new home."  He took in a steadying breath.  Grabbing the scanner, he opened the portal and made his way outside.  He sucked in his breath.  The world about his was beautiful.  There was an abundance of plant and animal life.  His heart beat faster and hope filled him.  If the readings cleared, he had a chance to actually live here.  Running the scan quickly, a grin broke across his lips.  The oxygen levels were very high, and the gravity was a bit lighter than the earth's, making it easier for him to walk...in fact he was stronger here than at home. 

"I'm gonna like it here."  he couldn't help but laugh as he removed his outer suit, leaving only his inner suit on.

Charisma

Alex jumped up from her chair and ran down the steps and slithered behind a large tree that stood between her and the wreckage. She watched everything that had happened. She wanted to help the man, but at this moment, she was afraid more than anything else. A man had just fallen out of the sky in an object that was in flames. She was afraid, but curious at the same time.

Charisma

Chelemar

Flipping a switch that sent frozen CO2 hissing out and over the ship to cool it.  He thew various items into a kit to be attached around his waist.  If he was going to explore, he was going to take some samples.  Added to the kit he tossed a lazor pistol and of course, lazer rifle as well as lazer knife.  Never knew what animal, or even veggie life fore was out there.

"OK Bella, unlock code Jackson Alpha Alpha Tango David three."  She called out to the ship to open a passage for him to exit the ship.  They black jumpsuit he wore covered most of his body, leaving his neck and head free, and no matter the temperature, kept his body comfortable.  It also had provisions that allowed for him to recycle whatever he may need to, to acquire water and even enough protein to live for.   Calf high boots were also engineered for most environments and adjusted to whatever terrain he was on to make walking easy should he need to cover great distances on foot. 

He pressed a button on his chest and spoke, "Bella, lock code Delta." 

"Aye, Aye Captain.  I will remain on absolute lock down until you return."  With that, the doors whined closed and all the lights went dead.  Then, as if it were not there, the ship disappeared.

Charisma

Alex stared at what she had just seen. It didn't make sense to her. How could something so big...just vanish into thin air? The man, he acted as if nothing had happened. Who was this guy? Was there a world, outside of her own? She had so many questions to ask him. He looked safe, enough, but that didn't mean that he wouldn't take the chance on striking at her. Perhaps, he was a barbarian, just like the king from the East. Maybe, his whole intention for coming here, would be to take over.

She continued to stay hidden, so he wouldn't see her. This stranger was in her territory, and she thought it would be better to watch from behind a safe place.

Charisma

On the other hand, he was in a new place. If she were her father, he would have jumped at the idea of helping the stranger, no matter what he had just seen. If her father were here, the stranger would have already been led to his room where he would stay for the night, no matter what the man's reason was for being there. Despite the current events of her father missing, she didn't know who she could trust. Her father would have wanted her to help this man, even if she felt like following him the whole night to find out more about him.

She was going to do it. She had to, because if she didn't, who knows where he would end up. She could feel her heart racing, and she fought with herself, but in the end, she decided to do what her father would have done. She pokes her head from behind the tree, followed by the rest of her. She wanted to freeze, but she kept on moving because of her father. "Hello." She said.

Charisma

(Chele. I know I already messed up. You were still inside the space ship and I *assumed* you were outside. Please, look over that. Every time I post, I look over it and realize that something doesn't make sense, or something, and I can't go back to change it. This is the first time I've ever done RPing, and thank you, so much, for being patient with me. <3. If I do something and you want to make me aware of what I had done, please, feel free to let me know. Again, I appreciate all of the help!)