A Bard's Tale (Recruiting for high fantasy adventure!)

Started by Phoenixrisen, April 18, 2011, 10:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Creeper

Quote from: Kate on April 24, 2011, 06:21:49 PM
For a motley crew, on the whole I think we are very well presented.
When we are all on horseback with chins high, I sure we will together be a dashing sight :)

Ooooo, look at miss fancy pants with her fancy pants horse! Some of us mere mortals have to walk, you know. In normal pants!
Ons and Offs, yo: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4370.0

Too tired to post Wednesday night. Posts on Thursday!

Kate

Oh Pill,

If I am not quickly parted from my purse
and we find ourselves in want to travel a bit I will try and seek to buy my gnomey acquaintance a pony.
(unless of course you refuse due to class principals)

... I guess we will have to see :)

Reia

Quote from: Creeper on April 24, 2011, 09:50:39 PM
Ooooo, look at miss fancy pants with her fancy pants horse! Some of us mere mortals have to walk, you know. In normal pants!

*laughs* Oh dearest, would you like a ride?
[tr][td]

Updated: 03/24/19
[/td][td]
Updated: 06/24/12
[/td][td]
Updated: 07/20/15
[/td][td]
Posted: 11/24/14
[/td][td]
Updated: 03/04/19
[/td][/tr][/table]

Kate

yeah you can ride double with her - hers is bigger but being a high priestess, she can probably just ask for a pony to be given to you :)
Noble class can be a curse when it's high profile turns against you in the way it has for me Pill.

Creeper

Pah! It's not enough for you people to have big, monsterous legs, noooo. You've gotta enslave creatures with even bigger, more monsterous legs! I'll never understand tall folk.
Quote from: Kate on April 24, 2011, 10:03:25 PM
Oh Pill,
If I am not quickly parted from my purse
and we find ourselves in want to travel a bit I will try and seek to buy my gnomey acquaintance a pony.
(unless of course you refuse due to class principals)

... I guess we will have to see :)

Thanks! I was feeling peckish...
Ons and Offs, yo: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4370.0

Too tired to post Wednesday night. Posts on Thursday!

TheHangedOne

Thanks to Kate, I now have a lovely picture for the sage.  :-) And made just the tiniest bit of a cosmetic change. (He now wears a brown robe instead of a red one.)
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Prakkie

*sneaks in and starts to work away on a Halfling rogue-type character*

Aporia

Basic Information:
Name: Aristes Trellewin 
Race: Half-Elf
Profession: Merchant / Illusionist

Appearance:

Hair: His long black hair is parted in two and reaches down to his neck.
Eyes: Brown
Height and Weight: 5’ 11” / 135 lbs.
Physical Description: Aristes is very lithe for a male, his frame being somewhat feminine in appearance. His arms are thin, and his hair long and straight. The half-elf often wears colorful multi-layered clothing, usually a creamy color with different shades of blue, gold, and an earthy brown. His clothing is very light and almost always covers the full length of his arms (the exception being while he is sleeping). In addition, he can sometimes be seen wearing a gold watch which was given to him by his human mother. Aristes’ face is also feminine in appearance, and at times seems weary from travel.

Personality:

Age: How old do they act? He often acts much older than his years, though he will lighten up on joyous occasions and celebrations.
Likes: A cool breeze, trees, water, music, experimenting with magic, reading, and conversing with others.
Dislikes: Fools, arrogant people, and hot climates.
Phobias: Not having people to rely on and places that are unseemly and dirty.
When it comes to interacting with others I: Aristes greatly enjoys conversing with people he fancies. He also tends to avoid people he doesn’t like. Usually Aristes will divide his time between being alone and being with others, since he thinks it’s very important to have time to be alone and think things over. He is both reactive and proactive.
I believe that: To enjoy yourself and to discover who you are as a person; to discover your passions and to keep searching for new things are all part of the journey that is life. Aristes acknowledges that there are many evils in this world but he also feels they can be avoided (not necessarily dealt with head on— he tends to avoid trouble when he sees it).

Equipment:

Weapons and Armor: Being a merchant means Aristes doesn’t have much fighting experience; however, as a half-elf he has spent some time dabbling in his magical potential. Though his magical prowess is limited he is able to sometimes conjure small illusions and even trick people’s minds into buying unwanted items. He also carries a small curved dagger to protect himself on his travels. The half-elf does not possess any real armor worth noting.
I never leave home without: A merchant’s bag for carrying his wares, and his golden watch— a valued gift from his mother.
When it comes to money I'm: He comes from a family of moderate wealth, and he has had some success in selling his wares. Aristes sells many odd things, including books, perfumes, incenses, small tokens, and jewelry. He travels around to many places to sell his wares wherever he can. As a result, he has not spent much time in any one place since his childhood.

Other Important Stuff:

When I'm scared I: Hold my breath— and either stand extremely still or run away.
The thing I want most but would never tell anyone about is:  To hold the hand of a certain girl from his past and tell her how he feels about her.
I'm lonely when: I have no one to talk to for an extended period of time. Aristes spends a fair amount of his time alone, so he doesn’t feel lonely very often. He’s always glad to have some company, though.
It hurts when: I fail to follow through on a promise, and I fail to follow my own values due to weakness.
The things you need to know about my past are: In his teenage years Aristes developed a strange mental illness which caused him to develop many irrational fears. Though it gave him a hard time, it also showed him what was important in life, and served to slow his thoughts down enough to appreciate what was happening around him. For the most part he has overcome this illness, though it does still affect him from time to time.
He met a human girl named Rina a few years ago on one of his travels, and though they shared many of the same interests and got along very well, he could not pursue her because of her family’s over protectiveness and religious beliefs. Aristes still feels very bitter about this, though he is glad to have even met her in the first place.
I wish to go to the Shadow because: To explore the potential of breaking through the barriers that existed between him and Rina, and to see if a love between them is really possible. In a nutshell, he wants to gain the strength to forget about the consequences and live without the most significant regret of his life.

Phoenixrisen

Alright, I love that I've gotten so many great characters and I'm willing to accept one or two more, but I do request that any new character be of a non-magic using variety. A little balance would be nice.
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

Prakkie

Gah... Sort of got hit by a homework-bomb so the character sheet will take a bit longer. Hoping to have it up by thursday. Sorry guys!

Aporia

I think I may be a little too excited about this roleplay..

;D

Reia

Quote from: Aporia on April 26, 2011, 07:53:03 PM
I think I may be a little too excited about this roleplay..

;D

You're not the only one!
[tr][td]

Updated: 03/24/19
[/td][td]
Updated: 06/24/12
[/td][td]
Updated: 07/20/15
[/td][td]
Posted: 11/24/14
[/td][td]
Updated: 03/04/19
[/td][/tr][/table]

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Phoenixrisen

I'm glad that you're all so excited, and I'm sorry that it's taking so long to get up and running, but I should have the first post up sometime between Wed and Fri. I've had a crazy work schedule, but after tomorrow(Wednesday) I'm off for three days, so I should have plenty of time to do it properly.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

TheHangedOne

Oh, pish, don't worry about it. Take your time.  :-) I mean that seriously, too. Rushing never does anyone any good.
Check out my poet tree!

Prakkie

Basic Information:
Name: Grigori Oddberry
Race: Halfling
Profession: Rogue / Catburglar / Archer

Appearance:

Apparent age: Late twenties
Hair: Dark brown, almost black
Eyes: Hazel
Height and Weight:Nearly three feet
Physical Description:  Grigori is short and wiry, with sickly pale skin owing to the fact that he mostly lives by night. By day he sleeps but, judging by the dark circles under his blood-shot eyes, not very well. His hair is dark brown and greasy-looking and he has long sideburns. He dresses in studded leathers, carefully dirtied to be a kind of blended, dark brown color that’s less conspicuous than plain black. When not thieving he wears a plain green traveller’s cloak over this. Since his bow and quiver of arrows are stuck to his back in plain sight he is often mistaken for a woodsman or Ranger, which suits him just fine.

Personality:
Age: Mostly acts his age. When working he tends to be altogether too serious and paranoid for his twenty-five years. Can be quite immature in social situations.
Dislikes: Dragons, bullies, handsome and successful men, magic, really tall people, the law and it’s upholders, dragons.
Phobias: Is scared of a lot of things but tends to go quite irrational whenever dragons are involved.
When it comes to interacting with others he: Doesn’t do too well. He’s often too serious-minded to get along with the happy-go-lucky people and seems to lack a certain something in the humor department. He also tends to either like or love people and let it show. Grigori can be fiercely loyal to those he loves but also tends to be extremely possessive of them.
Believes that:Believes (an prays) that one day his luck will change and he can give up this life of crime. Until that time though, thieving is really the only thing he’s good at. No, he’s not evil or anything like that. He only steals from the rich, the bad, the dead and people who specifically ask for it – for instance by leaving the window open. 

Equipment:
Weapons and Armor: Studded leather armour, composite shortbow, rapier and several daggers hidden about his person. Elvish boots that help him to move unseen and allow him to (once a day) cast a blurring spell that makes him not exactly invisible, but certainly a lot harder to see.
Other equipment: Quiver and arrows, backpack, rope (lots of it), grappling hook, climbers kit, thieves’  tools, lockpicks, a plain green hooded traveler’s cloak, a bedroll and traveler’s tent, dried foodstuffs for a week, waterskin and miscellaneous earned / stolen valuables.
When it comes to money he: Has got enough to get by, for now.

Other Important Stuff:
Religion: Worships Kairos, God of opportunity, luck and favorable moments
When he’s scared he: Prays to above-mentioned God, tries to stay well clear of the action (this is where the bow comes in handy) or keep out of sight. Will fight like mad when cornered.
The thing he wants most but would never tell anyone about is: Most of all he longs for a normal, boring life in the country with a nice lady to look after him, no kids (troublesome things that they are) and plenty of money tucked away for both sunny and rainy days.
He’s lonely when: He sees others laughing together.
It hurts when: Confronted with people who’s life does seem to be going according to plan.
The things you need to know about his past are: Grigori grew up in a quiet little Hobbit-town, just him and his mom and still recalls that time as the happiest in his life. Then his mother remarried and the new man was not very nice at all and what with one thing and another (no, he won't tell you the details) he ended up running away from home. He lived on the streets for some time, then was recruited by the thieves' guild where he grew up to be an able cat-burglar and archer. A couple of years back he joined an adventuring party and this worked well for him right up until almost the entire group was wiped out by a young green dragon. He still has nightmares about this. Alone once more, Grigori very much wants to find new companions, if only because there’s safety in numbers. He has come to town hoping to pawn some goods, then either hook up with other adventurers or join the local thieves' guild.
Wishes to go to the Shadow because: Not for fame, that’s for sure. Fame, hah! As if he’d want attention brought to his persona. No, Grigori hopes that perhaps this will be the big one, the great heist that will earn him enough gold to live out the rest of his days in quiet obscurity. He will kindly ask Rain to leave him out of her tales. Or at least refer to him only by pseudonym and make him so dashing, so goodlooking that no-one will ever think it was really that greasy, paranoid little git…

Prakkie

*Phew* I finally got the sheet up!

Looking forward to this game but really Phoenix, take as long as you need.

Phoenixrisen

He's wonderful Prakkie, I love him just the way he is. I know that I can take as much time as I need, but I do hope to have it up soon. I was intending to work on it today, and then some stuff came up.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

bubby

*Lifts a hand* Need a human female mercenary type?

TheHangedOne

Quote from: bubby on April 29, 2011, 03:01:53 AM
*Lifts a hand* Need a human female mercenary type?
I, for one, love to see good, strong women.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

Prakkie

Oooh yes... Would like to have a big strong woman to hide behind :P

Kate

we are in desperate need of someone that knows how to fight

bubby

Yay! I'm excited now!  I've seen the character sheet, and due to the fact I have to actually think about what to put in it, *chuckles* I need tomorrow to do it, since it's my weekend. Hope that's ok? Maybe even by Sunday?

Kate

before we get too excited - do check with Phoenixrise first.

She may deem that we have enough / have other plans / ideas I can not speak for her and she is the storyteller - just send her a pm i guess

bubby