News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Signatures?

Started by jouzinka, October 10, 2011, 05:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jouzinka

I had siggies and avatars switched off for a while, now I switched back and can't, for the life of me, find whether the settings/rules for signatures changed in terms of size? I remember (and found in the rules), that sigs used to be 500x100 pixels image and the overall size of signature limited to 120px.

But I'm meeting people with signatures (significantly) bigger than that and I suppose the rules changed due to the sig being displayed only once on every page for a member? Not that it bothers me, just wanted to ask if I can pump up the volume of my own one.  ;D

Thanks.
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

HockeyGod

Maybe Caeli's tutorial might help:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=75168.0

It gives all the ins and outs for signatures ;)

I seem to recall 5 images being the limit, but the size I can't recall...we have scrolling capabilities so it may not be so.

jouzinka

Quote from: Caeli's tutorial» Signature images must be hosted on Elliquiy (through our wiki), and are currently limited to 100 pixels tall and 500 wide.

Quote from: Dem RulesSignature images can be 500 pixels wide and 100 pixels tall, and the overall size of the signature box is limited to 120 pixels tall. Signature images must be uploaded to the wiki in order to be displayed.

Guess my curiosity will not be satisfied this time.  ;D

Thanks, alx.

Autumn Sativus

It could be also that you are seeing the 'Signature bars' which are usually 3-4 images laid together.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

jouzinka

OK, so... since I'm apparently not able to get the point across, here's a screenshot of a particular sig that sparkled the interest to start looking at other sigs. (posting with a permission of a Goddess)

The Alice Cooper - Poison lyrics is one image, 455 x 88 px, the other's dimensions are 450 x 60 px.

In total 148 px tall in image only, not taking in consideration the text, without a scroll bar, not in short posts, not in long posts. Again, I'm not witchhunting here.  :-\ Just curious.

Autumn Sativus

Perhaps you can have 5 images up to 500x100 each?
Us against the world

jouzinka

Perhaps. I'll try and we'll see.

Secretwriter

No one has said anything to me before about my sig, the sizes were changed - no more than 8 lines.  Since most signatures scroll, I thought it was okay, but my signature is not the largest on E. There have been and are some larger. *is worried*

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Oniya

I'm certain that Jouzina is simply trying to figure out what the acceptable parameters are - much like just about everyone seems to do with avatars from time to time.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

jouzinka

Goodness, sweets! I have no issues with your sig! If I did, you'd hear from me. :P It was just your magnificent sig that I stumbled upon and had me go: Oooooo, so we can have a bigger siggie?! That's soooooooooooooo coooooooooool. And I went to see the new dimensions to fit mine into, only to find that they didn't change.

Now I remember times of the scroll bar, I remember times sans the scroll bar that just cut the sig wherever the mark ended and rendered the info under it inaccessible...

So this has me baffled, that's all.

Vekseid

Apparently I forgot to put max-height in for signatures during the upgrade, fixed now, though you may need to shift+reload to see it.

jouzinka

Autumn Sativus

Us against the world

Secretwriter

Okay, after talking to Veks, he's fixed the CSS thinger and I took my Poison lyrics out and then could still put them back in after he fixed it, so it doesn't violate the CSS standards. 

Jouzinka - I know, I will admit that I was worried, though, especially since I got castrated last year and I've laid as low as possible and been as sweet as I can. I'm a bit paranoid. >.<  *clings to E.*

Now, as for scroll bars... On Firefox, I see scroll bars on signatures. On many of them. On Opera I do unless I have the page set as 'fit to width'.  Then there's no scrollbar and everyone's sig is out there in all it's dirty glory.  >.> Not a bad thing with some of these sexy sigs around here!!! :P

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Oreo

Just in case you thought you were losing it, the signature specs are in the Rules. It doesn't mean you can have five signature pictures of 500x100px each. ;)

Quote5.   * Specifically Regarding Avatars and Signatures
          o Avatars can be up to 150 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall and, if a photograph of yourself, should not be nude. Signature images can be 500 pixels wide and 100 pixels tall, and the overall size of the signature box is limited to 120 pixels tall. Signature images must be uploaded to the wiki in order to be displayed.
          o You may link to your site in your signature as long as: 1) The site links back to us; 2) It is not a pay site; and 3) It is not a referral or affiliate link.
          o Please keep possessive notices, such as master and slave notices, out of your signature and other portions of your profile.
          o No more than one animated image in your signature or avatar at a time, please, and please keep it sparing. We may remove disruptive animated images in avatars and signatures on a case-by-case basis, or ban them entirely in the future.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin