Testing the Waters. [Leon vs Kevben]

Started by TheWhiteEmperor, June 19, 2010, 10:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheWhiteEmperor

[OOC || Hm, for this fight.. I'll use the persona of my Soul Eater Weapon Meister.]

[Full Image of Leon]

His gloves were strapped on tightly, fists clenching and unclenching to test the wear of the fabric. Hm, the air is stagnant here.. Much blood and chaos has ensued here. I can tell, he thought to himself. His arm strayed from be ind crossed with the other, a firm hand gripping his blade tightly. Apart from his jacket, his clothing was snug, but not too tight. He had to have maneuverability, as well as agility. The man wasn't a powerful fighter, at least not as powerful as some, so he made up for it with his technique and speed.

Leon, awaiting his opponent, stood in the arena alone. In the stands, thousands cheers, while thousands of others booed. Everyone had their favorite fighters, and today was no different. The roar of the crowd was something that never fazed Leon, not even when he'd first set foot in the arena. Charisma. That was something Leon had always been known for, despite his uncanny ability in battle. Rumors had it that Leon was so charismatic, that he could win a fight just by wooing his opponent. To his own credit, it had happened once, but he'd never admit it to a real opponent.

Minutes ago, he'd been in the arena's preparation chamber. A room specifically designed to block out the roar of the crowd, as well as allow the next fighter a chance to ready himself in any way they could. He remembered wondering who this "Battleheart" was and thinking back to when and why he'd challenged the revered warrior. It was a month ago, having overheard a conversation over the eighth straight victory for Battleheart, Leon wished to know more about the great warrior and why he was so skilled. So, Leon sent word that he was challenging the dignified fighter and wanted there to be no doubt in anybody's mind that Leon was not joking, nor was he going to back down.

Leon snapped back to reality when he heard the announcer call out his opponent's name. "Evvvvbannn!! Battlehearrrrt!!!" roared the announcer in that patented, bellow that seemed to be required of every fighting announcer in the world. Leon smirked as he watched, awaiting the Champion to come forth. "Hm, I've been looking forward to this..."
Abscences and Apologies || On's and Off's

I will be gone for an indeterminate amount of time. Sorry for the inconvenience. Love you all, you will be missed. 7/9/16

Kevben Battleheart

OOC: and I'll use one of my favorite fantasy fighters a warrior priest. http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/home/images/armiesofWAR/empire/WarriorPriest/warriorpriest-look-01.jpg

Kevben waited in the preparation chamber, making sure that his armor was secure in place and not showing the least bit of dirt with his hammer resting against the wall behind him. The cloak he wore was crimson red in color and had a gold trim along the edge and his chest plate had the image of a striking Gryphon. Once he was satisfied that everything was in place and ready for a fight, he went and picked his hammer up and rested it against his shoulder as he waited to be announced. He was feeling a bit cocky, having won eight straight battles without any difficulty at all and he was extremely confident that he would this one with no problem as well.

He stood there, reminiscing about his previous battles when he could just catch the announcers voice over the roar of the crowd. With a grin on his face, Kevben left the chamber and exited into the arena where thousands of fans cheered his name and others booed him. He just laughed as he held his hammer above his head, a sign of cockiness as he spotted his opponent across from him.
"I hope your ready for a fight because I'm not holding back." he shouted over the roar of the crowd.
The Saga of Battleheart (O/O's)The Vault of Victory  ♥
The World of Adalern (currently closed to critiquing)
Tell one your thoughts, but beware of two. All know what is known to three.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

TheWhiteEmperor

Leon grinned, watching the powerful man step out into the arena. The enigmatic feel of his presence and the reaction of the crowd. He smiled, looking around to the people. He wasn't afraid, he was excited. And he only had one mission, give it his best and give this crowd a fight worth watching. Returning his attention to Kevben, Leon smirked at his words. "It wouldn't mean anything, if you did.."

With that, Leon rest his hand upon the hilt of his blade, not yet ready to draw it. When the announcer called out for the fight to begin, the blue-haired youth stood there, a stoic stance awaiting his enemy. He wasn't about to charge in like an idiot, if he got in too close without thinking, this guy could crush him before the fight even really began. "Hey! While you're feeling so confident, why not show me what those hammers of yours can do?" Leon requested, calling him out.

At that instant, Leon's body reverberated with energy. His soul blew up like a balloon, encasing him within it. The blue hue glowed with a pulsating power. At its core, Leon stood. He was just letting the party begin with a little show of power. "Come on! Show me what you've got!" Leon shouted, his soul sucking back into him, his hand cackling with a powerful electrical energy.

I will be gone for an indeterminate amount of time. Sorry for the inconvenience. Love you all, you will be missed. 7/9/16

Kevben Battleheart

Kevben continued to stand there, one hammer above his head while the other was held at his side, as people continued to cheer and boo at him. When the announcer called for the fight to begin, Kevben stood there to see what his opponent planned on doing and was a bit surprised when he surrounded by a blue aura or something similar. However, instead of being impressed, Kevben found the whole display a bit annoying and he spat on the ground in front of him to prove that he wasn't impressed.

"Petty parlor tricks won't work on me boy," he said as he started to run towards Leon, "after all Sigmar is on my side!" he finished, lifting his right hammer over his head while offering up a prayer to Sigmar for his hammer to strike true. As Kevben closed the distance between Leon and him, Kevben finished his prayer and for a few seconds a bright light surrounded him before disappearing and both his eyes and his hammer began to glow orange and give off a bit of steam. "Now tremble before the might of Sigmar!" he shouted as he swung his right hammer, aiming for Leon's head.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

TheWhiteEmperor

"Haha! If only that was a pretty parlor trick, my friend!" Leon replied, eager to see what his opponent had. He waited patiently, watching his every movement. Leon's style against this brute would definitely have to be technical and well thought out. Luckily for him, he'd already conjured up a plan. Leon smirked as the man took to the air, but was surprised to hear the man chanting. He's praying..? In the middle of a battlefield?

Just before the spiked hammer smashed him into the ground, Leon dodged, jumping up and into the man. He used the man's downward force to serve as the brunt of the power, but his own precision and speed to serve as a catalyst to ensure his first hit struck home and caused at least minor damage. Using his lithe body to contort out of the way before the man's body crumpled to the ground and dragged him along with, Leon skid against the arena floor. He ran over, taking his palm off of the hilt of his blade and instead aim a palm thrust at the man's rib cage. "Soul Purge!" he shouted, imbuing his thrust with the power of his soul, hand cackling with energy, lightning arcing around it.

Kevben Battleheart

Kevben was surprised by his opponents speed, and was unprepared for the blow that struck him in the stomach. As his body fell to the ground and lay there he could sense Leon coming in for another strike. With a little difficulty due to the armor he wore, Kevben was able to barely roll his way out of the strike and then got up to check for any damage and it felt like maybe a couple of ribs were bruised. "I made a mistake of underestimating you. I won't make it a second time.' he said, his eyes losing the glow but his weapons retained it.

With a shout, Kevben charged at Leon a second time, this time with a strategy in mind. As he went to swing his hammers, he brought both of them around, one aimed at his chest while the other was aimed at his legs. "Sigmar, guide me!" he shouted, hoping that Sigmar would hear him and guide his hammers to strike without fail.

TheWhiteEmperor

Leon grinned, rather glad to see he was unable to land his next blow. Things we about to get interesting now, and Leon lived for the fun and excitement of the fight. "Good, I'd hate to see you hold back anymore," he told the man, glad that he could really get this party started. As the man charged him again, this time Leon would take a hit, just to see how strong this man was. It was going to hurt, that much he knew, but he needed to know how bad. Besides, his last hit only landed due to the man not taking the fight seriously. As the two hammers attempted to smash him, he jumped up to avoid the one aimed at his legs to make it appear as though it was an error on his behalf, allowing the other to smash him full-force.

The impact itself was bad enough, but the after effect of being thrown into a wall of the arena was painful as well. His body embedded into the stone wall, a crater of impact encircling his body's imprint. Blood spewed from his mouth as he coughed violently. Even more blood dripped from his mouth as his internal injuries were stacked up from the hammer's impact. "Damn.. He really is strong," he managed to whisper in a bloody rasp. Blood ozzed from his lips and pooled on the arena floor. "Ok, no more of that," he coughed.

He pulled himself free of the arena wall's hold over him. Alright, now it's my turn, he thought quietly. His hand slowly seemed to go toward the hilt of his blade, but instead drifted to the side, curling into a fist. The same blue, electrical energy of his soul emanated forth, cackling with sheer power. "Let's do this," he told himself, ready to take this fight to the maximum level. He was ready to get the real fighting to begin, and the trading of blows to end.

Kevben Battleheart

Kevben grinned as Leon jumped to dodge the hammer aimed at his feet and jumped straight into the other hammer. The impact sent a shiver up his arm as the blow connected and he sent Leon flying into the arena wall. That should show him to never doubt the might of one of Sigmar's priests, he thought to himself as he moved to approach Leon.

"I'm gonna give you two choices. You can give up and walk out of here with your life and body intact or we can continue this fight. Which do you choose?" he asked as he hefted one of his hammers onto his shoulder as he stood there waiting for Leon's answer, eying his curled hand hand as it seemed to crackle with blue lightning.

TheWhiteEmperor

Leon just laughed lightly as his ultimatum, "I think I'll take my chances, Battleheart," he called. His eyes sparked with his resolve, knowing that the real fun was about to begin. "You're strong, I'll give you that. But let's see how you can take a full impact blow from me!" he shouted, suddenly disappearing as he flashed forward in a blaze of speed. One moment he was gone, the next he was just before Kevben, his hand thrusting forward to aim a open-palmed blow at the man's sternum. "Soul Purge!" he cried, his hand pulsating with pure energy and sparking with electrical power.

Kevben Battleheart

Kevben stood there as Leon laughed at him, anger welling in him with each word that came out of Leon's mouth. "Alright but don't say I didn't warn you." he said when all of a sudden Leon was suddenly in front of him. Kevben took a step back in shock before Leon struck him in the chest and sent him flying into the opposite wall and fell to the ground. Kevben could feel his body convulse a bit from the electrical aspect of the attack. Slowly he brought his body back under control and brought himself to his hands and knees, coughing up goblets of blood, as he struggled to get up on one knee. He didn't have to check to know that a couple of ribs had broken as well. "Well bloody hell. Your not so bad yourself, you little bugger," he said before hacking up a goblet of blood and spitting it out, "but I don't die that easily."

At that Kevben began to pray again and held onto a hammer shaped amulet around his neck as his chanting grew in volume. At the final syllables, Kevben was shouting and then another flash of light engulfed him. When it has dissipated, Kevben looked like he had just walked out into the arena. He was still weak and wobbly from the blow but other than that he appeared to be perfectly fine with all of the blood gone and the ribs mended but his breathing had gotten worse, coming in ragged gasps. The boy seemed to have the might of a daemon on his side, which meant he needed to get this fight over with and soon.

Getting up, using one of his hammers as a cane to help steady himself, Kevben prepared for the real fight to finally begin. He stood there waiting for Leon to charge at him like earlier, only this time he had a plan of attack instead of an ultimatum. "Come on, is that the best you got? I fought Skaven with more spine than you.!" he taunted with one of his hammers held up in the air.

TheWhiteEmperor

Leon blinked, struck dumb at the fact he'd landed his attack on the male. Wow.. That was a lucky shot, he guessed, calculating the battle throughout his brain. He worked out the kinks still present in his own body, watching as the paladin seemed to be stirring now. His gaze narrowed, watching as the brute was praying again. What is this guy's deal? Leon thought quietly, Does he truly think that help from some divine Deity is going to sway the fight in his favor? He should focus more on trying to win this fight on his-! Huh?!

Leon looked on, flabbergasted that the paladin had succeeded in calling upon some greater power to rejuvenate his body. Leon chuckled, slightly amused to the point that he began clapping in Kevben's favor. It had suddenly became a fight between Leon and the Gods apparently. He didn't mind though, he asked to fight Kevben and was going to do it despite the odds. Leon wasn't even thinking about making some sort of complaint, nor would he. This just meant that it would have to be a total victory for him to be the victor, though it was slowly becoming a surreal notion that he had a chance at all.

Nodding to his opponent, Leon approached slowly. He wasn't going to attack recklessly now, for that was what Kevben was looking forward to. Grinning Leon waved to his opponent nonchalantly as he closed the distance, only standing a few yards away. He was even within lunging distance, but Leon expected more from a warrior like Battleheart.

Lightning sparked and cackled around his body as he allowed his energy to emanate and reverberate abroad. "Alright, let's see what happens next," Leon spoke, resting his palm on the hilt of his blade again. His other hand ran through his fine hair, it reacted much like ocean water would when the fingers slipped through each strand. The sound of the fans' roaring had been drained out long ago, but that hadn't stopped them from still screaming up until this point. Now they were deathly silent, just like the two warriors.

Kevben Battleheart

Kevben was disappointed when his opponent didn't come charging at him, for he had planned something for such an event to happen. Cursing under his breath, Kevben began to circle his opponent wearily as he tried to come up with a new plan of attack. Whoever had taught Leon, he had learned his lessons well, Kevben noted, as he examined how Leon held himself, ready to strike but also appearing to be relaxed about it. It was then that he had noticed that the crowd that, moments ago was cheering, was now so silent you could have heard a pin drop. His breath was shaky at best, coming in raggedly, but he was determined to fight Leon despite how weak he felt.

With his grip tightening on his hammers, Kevben charged at Leon while shouting at the top of his lungs, "There is no retreat, no surrender. Only death!" as he closed the gap between the two. Knowing his opponent would anticipate his moves, Kevben began to throw a flurry of blows at Leon, a number of feigning blows will only a few of them were meant to actually hit. These he aimed towards important parts of the human body, mainly the joints at the shoulders and the hands, but he also aimed a blow or two at Leon's stomach to try and knock the wind out of him.

TheWhiteEmperor

Leon watched Kevben intently, watching his frustration furrow in his brow and facial expression. Something Leon had done, made the warrior quite annoyed. Leon just silently gave himself a congratulatory grin, watching as the powerful warrior began circling around him. It was as if everything up to this point of the battle was just an interlude and now the real show was about to begin. If this had been a movie, electric sounds would begin sparking from the fingertips of some master guitarist. A baseline for the music would pick up as a constant would begin humming for a sort of background effect. Leon's eyes widen when Battleheart charged him with a speed he had not been expecting from the beefy priest, Leon barely managing to kick off the ground and dodge before the hammer came crashing down into the arena floor. The drums would begin now, another constant with its own beat, yet it held unpredictability in its role to the beat of the music.

Leon grinned when Kevben kept on him, unrelenting in his attack. The aim was to weaken Leon, but he was too fast for the amplified speed of the holy warrior. Just as the guitar began shredding, electric currents sparking from the master guitarist's fingers, Leon felt that he'd been betrayed by his own body when he misjudged one incoming attack. The unpredictable drum began its chaotic mashing of the taut, hollow cylinder, metal clashing and ringing as wooden mallets beat them chaotically. Leon was smashed in the gut by a low hammer, another assault came from atop as the hammer smashed him into the ground. His body racked with pain, his eyes widen, blood spurting from his mouth as he felt his ribs cracking within. He lay limp, unsure if he could go on. No. He had to go on. Kevben aimed to kill him, so if anyone was to win this battle, it had to be Leon.

Just as the finishing blow was coming down at him, Leon rolled away from the brute. Pushing off his hands, Leon popped into the air. Surprise caused Leon to quiver in pain, watching as the warrior Kevben was almost instantly after him. His body was in a torrent of pain, ribs tormenting him as he struggled to breathe. Leon barely had time to pull his blade halfway out of its hilt, blocking the blow with the end of his hilt, the blade's white essence and gleam showed off brightly. It almost blinded half the arena with its sheer luminescence, the white blade had almost been finally unsheathed.

"Scream.. Keibatsu!" Leon cried out, pushing back Kevben's hammer as he fully drew his blade, his soul energy channelling through the blade and amplifying into an arc of sheer energy. The blade's arc sent Kevben back, but only as a counter to his own attack that Leon had barely managed to stop. This was the moment that the song began to pick up into the grand guitarist's solo, Leon seemed the apparent Hero. With his teeth clenched, Leon leapt forward and didn't give Kevben enough time to shake off his counter attack before he came back at the warrior full force. "You do not get to Judge me" the battered youth cried out, "Scream!!! Keibatsu!!" his voice bellowed, slashing his blade through the air with blinding speed, another arc of pure energy, the arc cackled with electrical energy, sizzling through the air as it closed in on Kevben.