Mass Effect RP (Ceta)

Started by OHWceta, March 11, 2012, 09:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedEve

"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

OHWceta

Btw, did you get my PM? It,s related to the previous question.

You,ll notice a few NPCs on the list now.
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.
http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

RedEve

She would have a body at the time they find/recruit her.

Not sure how much sexual programming I'd want to include.

OHWceta

Alright, let me know what you decide. (btw, I didn mean like included in the progamming so much
As more "enhanced interrogation" to get information, and having a little fun with her as they make adjustments. It,s up to you though.)

Does anyone have any questions?
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.

RedEve

Should we move our CS into the OOC thread?

OHWceta

Sure, that,d probably be s good idea.

TreyWalker

Are You still recruiting. I'd love to play a Male Quarian. With Tali the whole relationship thing is explored from the female side. I think it would be cool to explore it from the male side.

OHWceta

We do have one Quarian on the team. Give me a bio and I,ll let you know if you,re accepted.

OHWceta

For ease of Navigation and for Organization's sake we'll continue questions and discussions here until all the Bios are posted in the OOC thread. That way people only have to look at page 1 for bios and not have to sift through various conversations for 5 pages.

UPDATE, images for the Taito and Hades should show up for the OOC thread, I noticed the links were broken on this thread.

Unfortunately I do have a slight ammount of Bad News. Seeing as this RP involves recruiting a crew (Similar to Mass Effect 2 style) Not everyone becomes part of the crew suddenly or immediatly. I'll try to keep everyone entertained until their time comes to be brought into the squad.
Here's a list of the order recruitment missions will go. This has nothing to do with the order people joined or have any biasy based on me 'liking' or 'disliking' anyone. This is strictly ordered based on how the character fits the leads which the crews obtain leading them ultimately to their target Hades. I'll update it if WendySlaveGirl and TreyWalker give me Character Bios.

Recruitment: (Character - Recruiter)
Raven Hart is the Alliance CO, Raya Vos is the SPECTRE in charge of the Alien crew.
Vladmir - Raven, Tarkus - Raya
Ray Huang - Raven
Alexis, AVA - Raven (Alexis will be recruited to work with Raven in an assault on Cerberus where they obtain AVA)
Suzie - Raven
Argos Ghul, Zali - Raya (Argos is hired to help track down Zali's owner)
Rapax - Raya
Tanka Varn - (Encountered, doesn't join them until the squads Combine)

If you have any questions or concerns, make sure to let me know.

TreyWalker

I see that there is a male quarian. Is there a male turian or human? those are the three races I enjoy playing most.

OHWceta

There's a female Quarian, no male.

We have 1 male Turian, and a few Human characters. Though since there's 2 crews, an Alien one and Human one, we need multiple humans.  Actually multiple of any species is allowed, I just have to see Bios to make sure there's a big enough uniqueness among the crew before approving.

TreyWalker

Name: Ray Huang
Race: Human
Class: Sentinel
Class Specialization:
Appearance:
History: A mercenary and assassin for hire. Ray Huang was born to parents that were both in the Alliance, and because of that they had little time for him. He’s not the Alliance’s biggest fan but he is not a Cerberus Supporter either. Learnt his tech expertise and his biotics from an Asari sentinel in the blue suns on Omega. Ray has a chip on his shoulder but usually does the right thing in the long run.
Biotic Powers: Throw
Weaponry: M-22 Eviscerator
Sexual Orientation: Straight

OHWceta

Welcome to the RP, I'll add you to the Roster.

General Consensus Question #2:
For those of you who have beaten Mass Effect 3, I want to know your thoughts on the ending. (Make sure to include spoiler tags)
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Did you go with the Synthesis Ending, the Control Reapers Ending, or the Destroy Reapers and Synthetics ending?
Or did you not like any of those and wish it ended another way. If you wanted it to end a different way, how so?

This wont have any effect on part 1 but will majorly affect the ending of part 2. So those of you who haven't beaten Mass Effect 3 have time to do so.

Personally how I felt about the ending:
1)We spent ALL this time fighting the Reapers as Bad Guys but now suddenly they're doing it for the good of the universe as some kind of organizer? WTF?!
2) Why couldn't they give us some kind of closure with Harbinger?
3) The vast majority of the Galatic fleet is around Earth and the Mass Relays are destroyed, so everyone is stuck in the Sol system with few ships defending the places that didnt send their people offworld? How are they supposed to continue a game about galaxy exploration when you cany explore the galaxy?
4) So now we have no Citadel? That pretty much kills off a good portion of recognizable characters who could make Cameos in later installments.
5) So we cant destroy the Reapers without ending ALL synthetic life?
6) I was kind of hoping to learn more about the Origin of the Reapers.

WendySlaveGirl

I sent you a pm with my character idea. Now, my thoughts on the ending.

1) I think the God-child was a liar. I think it was, as is a popular theory on the forums, an attempt to trick/indoctrinate Shepard.
2) I chose destroy them. For one thing, I refuse to believe that Anderson chose the 'renegade' choice and TIM chose the 'paragon' choice.
3) The godchild specifically says the destroy ending will kill you as well since you are partly synthetic yet I lived and woke up among rubble that looked more like London than the citadel?!?!? Because of this I choose to believe Edi and the Geth also lived. In fact, a forum goer claims he had Edi as one of the people that walked out of the Normandy crash in his ending.
4) The ending was poorly designed and ill conceived and riddled with plot holes. How did people who were in my squad get on the Normandy? Why was Joker running from the battle? What kind of sense does it make for synthetics to wipe out organics to keep synthetics from wiping out organics?
5) Why does the god child have both manshep and femshep voices mixed in with his own? This can be heard easily over head phones fyi.
6) The ending is a death sentence for the Turians and Quarians who came to help. They can't eat human food and are now stuck on Sol. Actually it may be a death sentence for everyone in the battle as I doubt Earth can sustain that many lives.

Here's a reply to that.

Don't forget that the galaxy would still have regular FTL. It might take weeks or years, but everyone could get home. That said, I'm on board with the major theory going around, so the odds are it isn't going to be a problem in the end.

Cold Heritage

Considering Tanka, Tarkus, Raya, and Suzie, is Ray really going to fit well and add uniqueness to the cast? There's a lot of characters of that types running around already. Raven and Vladimir are the only people actually part of the Alliance.

Ending Stuff
I chose the Synthesis ending, but I went and looked at all of them.

If I could change the ending, I would omit the motivation for the Reaper's cycle being the inevitable total annihilation of organic life by synthetics. It's not particularly supported well. The only time we see synthetics engaged in hostilities towards organics are when the heretic Geth, acting at the behest of Sovereign, go out and do his bidding, and Dr. Eva. The other times, the Geth were acting in self-defense against the Quarians. EDI is shown to be tremendously supportive of the organic crew (she says plainly that she limits herself to help the Normandy's crew). Just have the kid say, "you can end our cycle." Keep the Reapers a permanent mystery.

The Normandy turning tail could bear some explanation.

I would probably have had some narration, similar to what is seen in the Fallout series, outlining the results of various choices (e.g. cure genophage or not curing genophage, letting rachni queen live or die, etc.). Although it would probably be something like "the Salarians learned nothing from uplifting the Krogan, and when they uplifted the Yagh, the universe entered a dark era from which it never recovered."

Ships are capable of FTL travel without the use of mass relays. You aren't going between stars at sub-light speeds when you're doing the scanning mini-game, after all. The mass relays are just more efficient than a ship travelling FTL under the power of its own engines. And since the Reapers survive every ending except the red one, they can rebuild the mass effect relays. It is still not likely that the races brought tremendous food supplies with them, but the Quarians have their liveships as part of their fleet to produce food. The Turians are probably in a tougher spot, but they could still get home sooner than the Quarians; Palaven is closer to Earth than Rannoch.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

WendySlaveGirl

Name: Alexis 'Alex' Harrison
Race: Human
Class: Infiltrator

Appearance:
History: Alexis was a C-sec agent until she quit in protest when her bosses tied her up in red tape one too many times and a criminal got away. Now she's gone into business for herself as a P.I. and ironically gets alot of business from her former coworkers in C-sec because she still has the contacts and can do things they are unable to do. She has also been known to take more dangerous contracts on the downlow to ensure that a criminal doesn't get away. These types of contracts often involve her silenced sniper rifle and a quick exit.

Weaponry: Sniper Rifle,  Pistol, Shotgun (I need to look them up to give a specific model)
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual

Note: I am totally willing to rework her into an N7 marine if we need more Alliance personnel. :)

Here's my opinion on the ending... it isn't over. I'm a proponent of the indoctrination theory, and that we have yet to see what really happens. Until that's proven or disproven, I can't really render any proper opinion on it. That said, if it was disproven, then I would demand a choice where Shepard argues with the godchild rather than simply acquiesing to the choices given. Shepard has always argued. It's completely out of character to make a choice solely on the word of another, particularly this kind of character with no history or proof other than its own word. The idea is that the Destroy-survive ending is the only correct one, which involves Shepard refusing the indoctrination and waking up while the battle is still raging, and that the Reapers will be defeated either conventionally or via an alternate usage of the Crucible.

WendySlaveGirl

Quote from: Karma on March 14, 2012, 06:44:13 PM
Here's my opinion on the ending... it isn't over. I'm a proponent of the indoctrination theory, and that we have yet to see what really happens. Until that's proven or disproven, I can't really render any proper opinion on it. That said, if it was disproven, then I would demand a choice where Shepard argues with the godchild rather than simply acquiesing to the choices given. Shepard has always argued. It's completely out of character to make a choice solely on the word of another, particularly this kind of character with no history or proof other than its own word. The idea is that the Destroy-survive ending is the only correct one, which involves Shepard refusing the indoctrination and waking up while the battle is still raging, and that the Reapers will be defeated either conventionally or via an alternate usage of the Crucible.

I too am a believer in the indoctrination theory. It is either that or the writers lost their minds at the very end of the game and just had an intern finish it. The ending is so out of left field and so poorly written it is hard to believe the same writers worked on the rest of that game.

Cold Heritage

I sort of wish I had spent more time paying attention to the lore surrounding indoctrination, because now that it is brought up, I question how it is that people on a planet where a reaper landed don't just eventually give up and march of their own indoctrinated volition into the bio-slurry chamber. Because that Cerberus team managed to get themselves indoctrinated pretty easily on the derelict Reaper you steal the IFF from.

OHWceta

I'll add Alexis to the Roster.

Now I need to get to work on writing up the start of the official RP thread.

Ending Related Info
Ok, here's my plan for the ending unless anyone objects, I want to have something most of us can agree on.
Shepard Choses an option similar to the "Destroy" option only instead of destorying everything, the Mass Relays converge in a kind of EMP blast that disables the Reapers' shields and renders them unable to move, allowing the fleets to destroy the Reapers conventionally. I'll continue to work with this as our story progresses, seeing as this is the ultimate end of everything so it wont show up for a long while.

QuoteRaven and Vladimir are the only people actually part of the Alliance.

True, but as allies the other humans can be hired as part of the overall mission.

http://w11.zetaboards.com/Theorycraftng_HUB/topic/7688087/1/ Read that page and related posts to get the rundown on the situation. There are point-by-point lists of all the evidence if you care to look for it. I could also expand on it if you like.

Vaulera

Am I the only one who thought that the ending where Shepard knowingly destroys himself and sends the planets into a world without the mass relays was incredibly poetic and meaningful? We all knew that the paragon side would end with him sacrificing his own life, it was supposed to boil down to the impossible hair-pulling decision that defined Shepard in a way no other person in the galaxy could. I dunno, just my opinion, people don't like sad stuff, so I'm pretty sure that is why everyone is so up in arms about a perfectly good ending.

While it's widely agreed that the endings were bad, some people still like them. That's not the matter at hand, anymore, though. It's that there are mountains of evidence that it was not the ending. If there weren't so many compelling reasons to believe it is not, this movement wouldn't even exist, much less have so much steam behind it.

Cold Heritage

Things kind of ended up like the Dirty Dozen. A lot like in ME2.

Quote from: OHWceta on March 14, 2012, 07:19:57 PM
Ending Related Info
Ok, here's my plan for the ending unless anyone objects, I want to have something most of us can agree on.
Shepard Choses an option similar to the "Destroy" option only instead of destroying everything, the Mass Relays converge in a kind of EMP blast that disables the Reapers' shields and renders them unable to move, allowing the fleets to destroy the Reapers conventionally. I'll continue to work with this as our story progresses, seeing as this is the ultimate end of everything so it wont show up for a long while.

I'm amenable to that.

You could say that the Crucible sends out a signal/command/virus that shuts down the AI of the Reapers, leaving them completely inert and inoperative. It would be a plausible reason for why it would only deactivate the shields of the Reapers, and not every ship around. It would also deal with Reapers that remained outside of the consolidation in Sol and provide a reason why it was needed to employ the entire Mass Relay network.

Reply to Vaulera
I was fine with Shepard destroying himself. That suits me just fine.

I'm not really mad with the ending. I just want more closure. It's the big ending to their trilogy, so I would've enjoyed seeing how my choices over the trilogy had an effect after Coldshep went to that big bar up in the sky.