WoD interst check

Started by JohnTheGreat, November 09, 2013, 08:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnTheGreat

Just throwing this out there, I'd love to play some nWoD, preferably Mortals or Hunter.

I'd love for a GM to sweep in and run something, if not I have a few ideas I could pull out and GM myself but for now I'm just curious what sort of interest there would be for something like this.

Silk

Unfortunately I only really know the system for Vampire, otherwise I'd consider taking on the job.

Miroque

I think VtM is enought (as its the best oWoD game there is)

AndyZ

VtM is Old WoD.  He said new WoD.  That means Vampire the Requiem.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Miroque

oh, true.. my bad.. (not intrested to poke anything nWoD piece of turd with 11ft pole..)

JohnTheGreat

Quote from: Silk on November 09, 2013, 11:54:18 AM
Unfortunately I only really know the system for Vampire, otherwise I'd consider taking on the job.

VtM doesn't help but if you mean VtR it's the same system across all the splats in nWoD.

TheHangedOne

I might be interested in a nWoD game as a mortal or something close to human.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Rajah

How do you feel about Princess: the Hopeful?
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

JohnTheGreat

TheHangedOne

I'm sad to say that Google tells me that P:tH is, in fact, an actual thing.

http://princesswod.wikia.com/wiki/Princess:_The_Hopeful_Wiki

And it really strikes me as pretty damn horrible; but then again, I find its inspiration ("magical girl anime") to be a form of torture, so, you know. 

I wouldn't stop anyone else from playing it, but I won't.
Check out my poet tree!

Rajah

It fits about as well as Mage or Changeling, really. A lot of people have bad reactions because OMG Sailor Moon but it's not, y'know, significantly less dark than the rest of the WoD. You are the heir to a dead kingdom. The horror of a Bad Thing happening can actually come to life and crawl into people and grow strong and smart and come hunting for you. You are supposed to save the world, but some of the people like you want to drink its hope away to feed their corpse-dream of utopia, some of them are halfway to snapping under the dual pressures of perfectionist narcissism and noblesse oblige, and some of them have decided to fight the Darkness at literally any cost - nuclear fire in the highschool for the sake of one Darkened cult? Well, people can have more kids. You draw strength from explicit good, but it makes you uniquely vulnerable to explicit evil.

It's about halfway between Hunter and Mage in terms of power.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Rajah on November 10, 2013, 01:04:12 AM
It fits about as well as Mage or Changeling, really. A lot of people have bad reactions because OMG Sailor Moon but it's not, y'know, significantly less dark than the rest of the WoD. You are the heir to a dead kingdom. The horror of a Bad Thing happening can actually come to life and crawl into people and grow strong and smart and come hunting for you. You are supposed to save the world, but some of the people like you want to drink its hope away to feed their corpse-dream of utopia, some of them are halfway to snapping under the dual pressures of perfectionist narcissism and noblesse oblige, and some of them have decided to fight the Darkness at literally any cost - nuclear fire in the highschool for the sake of one Darkened cult? Well, people can have more kids. You draw strength from explicit good, but it makes you uniquely vulnerable to explicit evil.

It's about halfway between Hunter and Mage in terms of power.
Hmm, maybe I should give it a more thorough reading, then. I've always been fond of the "He who hunts monsters" trope...
Check out my poet tree!

JohnTheGreat

Wow...

Yeah nah, I'm looking for most any WoD but not that.

JohnTheGreat

Well that's all of what, one and a half people interested?

Perhaps a little more information, what I had in mind for mortals would be very X-Files, lots of investigating things that don't make sense while trying to uncover the greater mysteries.

Ideally the PCs would all be people who have, for whatever reason, begun to listen to the little voice in the back of their head and that feeling in their gut and know something is out there so when they each get a letter asking them to investigate it they agree.

Rajah

Quote from: TheHangedMan on November 10, 2013, 01:08:29 AM
Hmm, maybe I should give it a more thorough reading, then. I've always been fond of the "He who hunts monsters" trope...

I lied wildly. It's actually about halfway between Hunter and Vampire in terms of power, I don't know what I was thinking with Mage. You're clearly superhuman, but your powers tend to be pretty subtle (in effect; a lot of them LOOK dramatic) and your biggest advantage, at the end of the day, is just dicepool-stacking.

That said, "He who hunts monsters" is explicit - unlike every other supernatural or even mortals, who can be shocked or grossed out or horrified to see something unspeakable go down while they're powerless, Nobles can actually get their soul poisoned with a thing called Shadows. Your Shadows rating damages your ability to use your normal stuff, but opens up the possibility to start getting into the dark side stuff instead.

SlapThatSquirrel

I love the World of Darkness, and have been considering running a game here(though mine would be cWoD explicitly). That being said, I'd be up to play a game in the nWoD-- mortals/hunters/etc., doesn't matter.
All hail the Lord of the Acorns!

Muse

*Waves to everyone. * 

Hi Slap.  You must be new.  Pleased to meet you. 

I'd love to play some new world of darkness--though preferably not vampire or werewolf.  Mortals, Hunters, Mages, and Changelings are all very interesting to me. 

While I generally consider the new setting inferior to the Classic--probably a generational thing--I also very much appreciate the system for the New World.  Especially how approachable it is for online play. 

Slap, if you try and run a Classic game, please let me know.  And even if the subject matter turns out to be one of the ones that doesn't interest me--AKA Vampire--I'd certainly be curious to know how you handle the Classic mechanics on a forum. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

SlapThatSquirrel

Hi, Muse! For that matter, hello everyone  XD. I am new here, having just been approved a couple weeks ago. This site seemed the perfect place for some of the subject matter that just doesn't work on a lot of other sites. Sexuality and extreme violence come to mind, though I don't play anything just for those. Story trumps all.

I am definitely NOT trying to hijack this thread, but a quick reply: If I ran anything, it would probably be Vampire. More specifically, the Sabbat. I have a lot of insight into how the Storyteller system works on forums, having run White Wolf games this way for many years on other sites.

I don't mind the nWoD so much, even if I don't love it as much as the cWoD. Two of the games transferred(Changeling, Hunter) saw in a huge upswing in quality, while the others maintained a similar quality while exploring different themes. I have yet to try Promethean or Mummy, but I've heard good things.
All hail the Lord of the Acorns!