Awaken Online (Anime Mashup adventure - Accepting Applications!)

Started by BruceTheCat, December 03, 2017, 01:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Red Lobster on December 15, 2017, 03:10:48 PM
Great!

Your sheet looks good to me but right now we are just accepting sheets for future players if we have someone decide to drop who is already in the game.

I will make another post in here when we are actively recruting if you are still interested in joining

Sounds good!

BruceTheCat

Hey everyone!

We have a player opening if anyone is interested in joining up
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Red Lobster on December 18, 2017, 12:02:05 PM
Hey everyone!

We have a player opening if anyone is interested in joining up

I would love to jump in! I'm not home at the current moment though!

BruceTheCat

Quote from: Sephora on December 18, 2017, 12:14:36 PM
Who quit??

Recruiting an extra player since Solistair is going to sit out this arc

Sounds good EL!
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Norsegod1839

I'll jump in today! Sorry yesterday I didnt get to do it before I had to go to work!

Rel Mayer

Heya!

Going to be joining this game with a Revy styled character with the Berserker powerset! Excited to write with you peeps!

Mac84

Ziya

This looks amazing! Quick question though: would the Master class allow the Master to have at least some abilities as well? I was thinking about using Guts from Berserk as a Servant and have my OC have some magic abilities like Schierke from the same series so that she could keep the Berserk Armor in check for a set time, but I'll need to find another way if she can't.

BruceTheCat

Glad to see some new interest!

Whenever you have the chance to finish up your sheet Rel go ahead and send it over to me! Love what you have so far

Hey there Ziya! Good question. To answer your question yes, the Master could have some very minor magical abilities or equipment. However, it is important to note that they would not be very powerful. The intent of the Master class is definetly to have the Servant out there doing the fighting while the Master tries to stay back and avoid getting pulled in to the fight.

I’ve actually read the Berserk manga so conceptually I see what you are going for character wise. I think that could totally work. You just wouldn’t be able to do the powerful magic that Shierke is capable of.

As you progress and your servant becomes more powerful I would think the same thing would happen to the master. You would get slightly more powerful, and in turn be slightly more effective if you were forced in to a combat situation.
- scribus1000

Ziya

Quote from: Red Lobster on February 01, 2018, 06:28:29 PM
Hey there Ziya! Good question. To answer your question yes, the Master could have some very minor magical abilities or equipment. However, it is important to note that they would not be very powerful. The intent of the Master class is definetly to have the Servant out there doing the fighting while the Master tries to stay back and avoid getting pulled in to the fight.

I’ve actually read the Berserk manga so conceptually I see what you are going for character wise. I think that could totally work. You just wouldn’t be able to do the powerful magic that Shierke is capable of.

As you progress and your servant becomes more powerful I would think the same thing would happen to the master. You would get slightly more powerful, and in turn be slightly more effective if you were forced in to a combat situation.

Yay! I'll get started on a character sheet soon then!

Rel Mayer

Here and reporting for review!

Name – Olive Saks
Anime Origin – Full Metal Alchemist
Class - Berserker

Appearance/Style Description: – Olive has long brown hair that she usually likes to wear up in a pony-tail on the top of her head. She also had bangs that always look like they need to be cut, so that they cover her brown--almost hazel eyes. She's not one for make-up or putting on fancy clothes. She likes her clothes straight forward, tight, and leave her plenty of room to jump around in. On a normal day she wears a black tank top with denim cut off shorts that leave very little for the imagination when it comes to the athletic tone of her body.

She usually carries a gun holster around her hips like a belt. Sporting two guns, because one is never enough. Another notable feature is the tribal tattoos on the right shoulder of her body. Sometimes people may be able to see it shift around, almost as if it can manipulate and form different patterns over her body. Or even cover it completely (see power below).

Personality: – Olive is a lone wolf. Before entering the game she also didn't like to have very many friends. It's why she was attracted to video games in the first place! However, in this game she's particularly anything but a team play. She's a lone wolf who is realizing that she is going to have to warm-up to people to progress further.

She's a bit rough around the edges, but those who have gotten close realize that she can be rather soft and gooey inside. However, if they tell anyone she'll surely yell, punch them hard in the arm, and then consider giving them a wet willy. Somewhere under that gruff and rough edges is really a woman who wants to help and wants to be accepted, but she'll never admit it.

The competitive spirit within her is no joke, which is why she's been a lone player this entire time. However, she also has the will to go on and never stop. She does not give up, no matter what the costs. She's pretty quiet about her sexual nature and can be considered all talk when it comes to her advances.

Backstory: - Olive has always been the type of gal that prefers the solo campaign side of things. Not because she's shy, far from it, but because she can be rather impatient when people fall behind or don't match her skill. That and her temper and crude way of talking can sometimes turn people off and away. Since she entered the game, she hasn't joined a single group for more than a few hours. At least joining a group and being allowed to say. Most of them have caste her away for rubbing the members and leaders the wrong way. However, Olive gave zero fucks about this.

Recently she's been soloing the levels on her own. Up until the most recent level (insert level AO campaign starts here). She's discovered that it is now impossible for her to progress further without a team, and she's getting bored farming "dumb XP." Olive is a completionist and she's almost getting desperate for a team to join and a team that will take her in. She had no idea how lucky she's going to be to be part of the squad of AO.

Powers:

Ultimate Shield -  She can rearrange the carbon in her body to make her skin as hard as diamond, thus making her impenetrable by most weapons. However, this levels with her, so if there is someone at a higher level--they can break through her shield.

Razor Sharp Talons - Her Ultimate Shield can also turn into sharp talons on her fingers that she can use to tear through people from a melee range. She likes to attack the stomach, because that's where all the soft bits are.

Berserker Mode - She can only activate this once per fight, but she can unleash an insane amount of anger and energy to move very fast and to do a lot of damage. When she does this her eyes get red and her ultimate shield covers her face. She does not like to do this very often.

Hall and Oats - The weird name that she gave to the two guns at her side. This is the weapon that she uses most of the time, and these guns are effective from a long range. However, they are normal guns and she's far more powerful up in melee range.

Strengths:

Kinda Famous: She's known for being able to complete levels on her own without the assistance of a team, up until this recent level. Very, very few have been able to do this, and she's gained a bit of fame from her grand feat. However, the rumor is that no one wants to work with her, so she's forced to solo these levels on her own.

Athletic: She has a very high level of fitness and athleticism. When it comes to sports and fighting, she's definitely the girl for the job. There is even rumor that she's excellent at beach volleyball! But good luck finding a beach ball and a net in some sand for her to play in.

Endurance: The woman can seem to never run out of energy, even if she can channel her energy into one huge blast. However, she can go on for miles and miles. When it comes to drinking, fighting, and pretty much doing anything for a long period of time.

Weaknesses:

- Addiction: Of the alcohol and smoking vices. Olive is one of the firsts to grab a drink and she's also really into the smoking aesthetic in the game. It's costing her a lot of credits and it can hinder her stamina/rage meter if she doesn't get her smokes in a decent amount of time. Anything that she can develop as a vice--she'll be addicted to. She's also lethargic and has low stamina after a bender of drinking all night... but it was so worth it. It's always worth it.

- Social Skills: She's not the nicest person and doesn't always have the right thing to say. She says what's on her mind, and she may have an unpopular opinion. A lot of people say that she's rough around the edges, and impossible to get to know. The lack of friends on her friends list makes this claim very true. From this, she also gives the worst nicknames.

- Stubborn: It's really hard to get her to do something she doesn't want to do. Like impossibly hard, and with this comes the trait that she also finds it hard to take direction from leadership if they don't agree to her way. She is learning to combat this with time, if she wants to progress further in the game.

Pic Collection

BruceTheCat

Approved Rel! The “she is forced to solo comment” made me laugh

Feel free to move her over to the Character sheets thread and say hello in the OOC!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=279478.0
- scribus1000

Pink Professional

Name – Marcus Daniels
Anime Origin – History’s Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Class - Sabre

Appearance/Style Description – A Handsome looking late-twenties man with shaggy blonde hair and a moderate amount of stubble, Marcus has a honest look about him, even if he’s a bit rough looking. Some people might accuse him of looking ‘plain’ and others still have accused him of looking like a bit of a thug, especially in his Gi. His martial arts makes him a fit and muscular individual, even if he’s only about 5’7.

Personality – Marcus is a pretty straight forward man in terms of how he acts with people. He’s not the sort to pull punches when it comes to opinions on people, although he generally leans towards being optimistic and thinking the best. His thuggish looks don’t really tell the real story about his want to be surrounded by friends, although he’d never admit it because it ‘isn’t manly.’ He’s the sort of person who might say they don’t want to do something, but very easily be swayed into doing it for a friend, despite ‘begrudging’ protests. Despite all this though, Marcus is a fairly fun, honest, and straightforward soul who prefers to have and help friends than run it alone. He is dependable and honest, sometimes even painfully so.

Backstory – Marcus is very quiet about his real life, but he was shocked by the sudden declaration of the God-like Storyteller who promised death for the defeated and entrapment for everyone until the game was over. Marcus was quick to gather as many people as he could under his banner of friendship and protection to anyone who didn’t seem like they’d survive the game on their own. A lot of people owed Marcus their lives in the early days of the game, but even as hard as Marcus worked trying to watch over the inexperienced players, he saw a daily drop in his list of protectees. It was impossible to save them all. He nearly fell into desperation until a young boy suggested that he go and beat the game to save everyone. It sharpened his resolve and, even though he knows he’s not the strongest individual in the game he became enraptured with the idea of becoming strong enough to carry the entirety of Awaken Online on his back. If he could become a true Master, he’d be able to beat the game and save everyone. There was only so much he could do on the defensive. He’d have to go on the attack, if he wanted to save everyone.   

Powers/Equipment –

Seikūken: Marcus’ strongest technique at this early juncture, Seikūken is a complete domination of a space around him that allows him to predict, obstruct, and avoid attacks that enter a small radius around him. The powerful technique works as both a defensive and offensive technique, but is limited in a few key ways. First of all, the Seikūken demands a calm and steady mind, as well as a planted body. He needs to be fairly still in order to use the technique, and he has to be in a calm mental state. Secondly, while the Seikūken lets him perform superhuman feats, it can be overwhelmed by attacks that are either too numerous or too powerful to be stopped.

Ki wielder: Marcus is able to tap into the mystical energy of a martial artist’s soul, known broadly as ‘Ki’. Ki, unlike some portrayals, is the internal source of all martial artists, and is power used to augment a their offensive and defensive capabilities, allowing them to survive lethal blows with an Iron-like body, or punch holes through solid rock without so much as splitting the skin on their knuckles. Ki demands a lot of practice and skill to manifest properly, and Marcus is only a novice at using it thus far. He's barely able to manifest it more than at the subconscious level, meaning he can't really make himself stronger unless his in a dangerous situation.

Strengths

The Talent of Hardwork: Marcus’ most prominent talent is his ability to understand and dissect the world around him in the ways only a Martial Artist can. He might see the movement of the wind through the trees, and sees martial arts. He might observe the powerful roar of a mighty dragon, and see martial arts. He might see the insane power of some monstrous divine, and see martial arts. This constant understanding of the world allows him to rapidly develop new techniques and gain new edifices of knowledge about Martial Arts simply from existing in the dangerous world of Awaken Online. It has allowed him to become stronger without a Master, and he hopes to continue to grow; stronger and stronger until he becomes a Master himself and holds the strength to protect the world.

Overpowering Martial Artist: Marcus’ skills as a Martial Artist make him as deadly as any Swordsman, Gunner, or Monster, perhaps even more so because of people’s tendency to underestimate his empty hands. He’s taken on beasts and warriors alike with his powerful blows, and is still standing where others are not.

The Will to Live: Marcus’ other redeeming quality, the Martial Artist’s focus on training and hard work have crafted more than a body of rock. Marcus is near impossible to terrify, and difficult to stop from fighting if he thinks it is the right thing to do. Don’t think that knocking him out or killing him is the easy option either. He’s liable to take attacks that’d kill lesser men and just punch the attacker back just as hard, all with that infuriating look of self-belief on his face.

Weaknesses

Reticence: Marcus, for all his skill and strength, seems to be shackled by a few strange hang ups that might put him in danger. While he has no qualms destroying monsters, or mindless beings, he finds it incredibly difficult to injure or kill anyone who shows they have a mind. His fist, he says, is meant for protecting people; not killing them. That means that, in a fight to the death against someone who is trying to kill him, he’ll be forced to perform an even more difficult task - defeating them without killing them.

The Way of the Fist: Marcus’ strength is impressive, but it is certainly One-Dimensional. He doesn’t have the options of a caster, or the range of an Archer. He can’t instantly bridge the gap to foes, and he can’t use his abilities to attack from anything but the closest of ranges. It doesn’t take a genius to see that Marcus’ options are straightforward and limited, and that straightforwardness is easy to manipulate.

Obvious Secrets: Marcus' reluctance to talk about his real-life situation is an obvious indication of some great discomfort that could easily be used to distract or disorient the normally stalwart Martial Artist. Normally, he can brush it off by not talking about it, but if someone were to ever find out about his real-life situation, it would be a major distraction; a distraction that would make use of the Seikūken impossible and would create very real openings in his guard.

Only Human: Despite his above average strength and endurance, Marcus is only a human being. Any wounds he takes are very real injuries that will take time to recover, as he has no special regeneration or recovery traits. If he loses an arm or a leg, that limb is gone forever. Should he take a blow and not be able to defend it properly, that could easily kill him. He may be one of the least fragile humans around, but he's still a fragile human.

Additional Images

Rel Mayer

Pink Professional

BruceTheCat

Looks great Pink! Feel free to move him over to the Character Sheets thread and say hello in the OOC

That Seikuken ability is pretty awesome
- scribus1000

Steir

Quote from: Red Lobster on February 04, 2018, 11:15:21 PM
Looks great Pink! Feel free to move him over to the Character Sheets thread and say hello in the OOC

That Seikuken ability is pretty awesome
Welcome aboard, Pink! Fancy meeting another fan of History's Greatest Disciple.

:D

Pink Professional

Quote from: Steir on February 05, 2018, 12:22:51 AM
Welcome aboard, Pink! Fancy meeting another fan of History's Greatest Disciple.

:D

Yes! Excited to be a part of the madness!

Steir

Ziya

Whew, that took a bit longer than I thought! If this one is okay, I'll get Gut's sheet finished up and posted.

Also, do I need to put Guts' backstory in, or just what he's done since the game started?

Lucia Kalenia
Berserk
Class - Master

Appearance/Style Description – Lucia’s defining style is comfort and ease. She usually keeps her long purple hair down, mostly because she can’t be bothered with braiding it every day, and her bangs tend to cover her left eye somewhat, lending a slightly mysterious look that is by no means intentional.
Around the safe zones she prefers simple tunics and either pants or a long skirt, while her actual equipment often leaves her looking like a witch, complete with a long cloak and a pointy hat. In both she prefers blacks and purples, though she will occasionally wear something brighter around town.
Lucia is taller than average, nearly 6 feet, with moderate muscle tone. While she is by no means willowy, she does have some curves to her, despite a smaller chest and broad shoulders.

Personality – Lucia is an introvert through and through, often needing time to herself to relax and recharge after being around people for too long. Friends are difficult for her to come by, but the few she has are closer than family and she is fiercely loyal to them.
She has a bubbly personality, often trying to make her friends smile and laugh through silly antics or sarcastic jokes. What most don’t see though is that this is a mask for her depression and anxiety, which can shut her down entirely when they flare up.
Lucia also fears rejection and anyone seeing her in less than full clothing due to certain things from the real world, though she refuses to tell anyone more than that. As such, she is also afraid of intimacy from any but her closest friends.

Backstory – When the announcement was made about the true rules of the game, Lucia had a pretty severe panic attack for a few days. Once she calmed down though, she swore that she would do everything she could to help progress and set out for the front lines. Being a Master was still new to her when she and a friend were ambushed in one of the early floors, and when Guts used his armor to save her life she saw the horror of a berserker firsthand as he killed not only the enemies, but her friend as well. She and Guts isolated themselves after that while she tried to use what little skills Masters were allowed to prevent a reoccurrence, advancing alone through the floors and only returning to safe zones when low on supplies.
Recently she found a way to control the rage within Guts somewhat, allowing them to rejoin the rest of the players once more. While most of the other players still want to clear the game, and Lucia by no means wants to die, secretly she enjoys being there, and dreads returning to real life for reasons she is unwilling to tell.

Powers/Equipment
Summon Guts – Exactly as it sounds, Lucia can summon Guts with a short chant. This usually takes about ten seconds, and also irritates Guts, who claims the process is very disorienting.

Astral Projection – Lucia’s answer to the Berserker Armor’s rage, she can use this ability to merge her mind with Guts’, allowing him to use the armor without losing his mind. She cannot move her physical body during this, and as such requires someone to protect her or a safe place nearby. Often the final safe room in a dungeon is close enough to the boss room to rest her body in, but not always.

Thought Transference – Lucia can craft trinkets using her hair that allow the wearers to communicate telepathically over long distances and share images.

Strengths
Resourceful – Lucia can find a way out of nearly any situation, even if it breaks the game a little bit. Sometimes she doesn’t even realize she did it, like trying every combination on a trapped dungeon door and blocking the arrow holes with a boulder.

Natural Warrior – Despite not having much combat ability herself, Lucia has an instinctive grasp of tactics and very rarely misses anything in a fight. Her demeanor completely shifts during combat, becoming
confident and calm to take advantage of these traits.

Determination – Once Lucia starts something, she will finish it no matter what. Even if it doesn’t need to be done anymore.

Weaknesses
Depression – Lucia has occasional bouts of severe depression. While this happens less frequently since being trapped in the game, whenever she makes a major mistake or gets someone hurt she has been known to become incredibly withdrawn and even passively suicidal.

Social Anxiety – Lucia is very awkward and anxious around strangers, isolating her from the other players somewhat. The only way she can get around this is by being forced into a situation where she has to interact with someone, either by chance or by the other person approaching her first.

Secrets – Lucia has secrets from real life that she is terrified to tell anyone about in the game, but is also really bad at hiding. This can lead to tension even among her friends, as well as anxiety and panic attacks.

Mac84

Hey Ziya,

I don't believe you need to put in the MP's story into your character's story. She is just "Of that Universe". A good example is my character. He is of the Macross Franchise, Frontier Local. Yet I didn't need to put any details about Frontier, nor their association with my character.

Am I correct, Red?

Ziya

Quote from: Mac84 on February 05, 2018, 09:32:41 PM
Hey Ziya,

I don't believe you need to put in the MP's story into your character's story. She is just "Of that Universe". A good example is my character. He is of the Macross Franchise, Frontier Local. Yet I didn't need to put any details about Frontier, nor their association with my character.

Am I correct, Red?

To clarify, the Master class requires two character sheets, one for the Master (the OC) and one for the Servant (the canon character). I was trying to ask about the backstory section for Guts' character sheet, since it is actually him. Sorry about the confusion!

BruceTheCat

You can remove the backstory section out of your Servants sheet!

Also if you’d like to just include a image for his appearance I think you can skip that as well. Unless you’d like to write it!
- scribus1000

Ziya

Alright, sounds good! I tried to balance out his abilities a little, but the only thing I could come up with was a time limit for his armor, which is kinda what happens anyhow. Let me know if I need to nerf him more!

Guts, The Black Swordsman
Berserk
Class – Servant (Berserker)

Appearance/Style Description – Guts is a massive man, standing over 6’ 3” with a physique that any bodybuilder would envy. His short black hair is naturally spiked, with about a fourth pure white in a triangle pattern in the front, and his one remaining eye is a deep brown. Innumerable scars cover his body from a lifetime of battle, and he has replaced his missing left arm with a metal prosthetic.
Guts wears simple tunics and pants of browns and greens on the rare occasion he is not in his Berserker Armor, preferring comfort and simplicity over fashion. He also has a brand on the back-right of his neck that occasionally bleeds.

Personality – When Guts first met Lucia he was vindictive and callous, caring nothing for others and even going so far as trying to use them as bait. Not even Lucia escaped his ire, until he accidentally slaughtered her friend in a berserk rage while saving her on an early floor. Seeing her state afterward reminded him of his feelings after the Eclipse, and he made an effort to change, even if just a little and the two became even closer once Lucia shared her past with him, forging a bond between the two outcasts.
Now Guts is cautious but open to working with others and even appreciating them after a time, and his relationship with Lucia has become near to that of siblings. He is aware that the players are from a different world, but he is willing to do everything he can to help them return. Above all, he is the embodiment of stubborn persistence, fighting against anything that stands between him and his goals with a terrifying passion that allows him to overcome impossible odds again and again.

Powers/Equipment
Dragon Slayer - "It was too big to be called a sword. Massive, thick, heavy, and far too rough. Indeed, it was more like a slab of raw iron." Such is the description most use at the sight of Guts’ massive sword, a massive blade about 6’ 6” from hilt to tip, about 15” wide, and nearly an inch thick at its core. The blade has been rumored to weigh hundreds of pounds and takes two other men to lift. As Guts’ main weapon throughout his journey it has tasted the blood of numerous demons and Apostles, giving it the power to harm even astral forms such as ghosts.

Multi-Weapon Prosthetic Arm – Guts’ left arm from just past the elbow is a steel prosthetic with a magnet built into the hand. Within the arm itself is a hidden cannon fired using an ignition chord, though it is limited to a single shot before reloading. Guts can also mount a repeater crossbow to a bracket on the arm, though he cannot use it while using his Berserker Armor.

Berserker Armor – A suit of cursed plate armor made up of overlapping panels of deep black, said to have been forged by dwarves and given the ability to draw out the darkest emotions of the user. When Guts uses this armor he becomes capable of fighting enemies dozens of times larger than him with ease and feels no pain at all.
But such power comes at a high cost. The armor works by removing the subconscious limits placed on the Guts’ body, putting massive strain on every muscle, bone, and tendon, and ultimately reducing it to a puppet of Guts’ will if the battle lasts too long. Injuries do not affect the Guts’ abilities, but the armor impales his body to force bones back into place and hold together torn muscles, ultimately leading to death by blood loss or nerve damage.
Even worse is the effect on the Guts’ mind. The armor draws out and amplifies fear and anger to the point that Guts will attack any moving target relentlessly, be it friend or foe. Eventually the armor could cause Guts’ mind to snap if left unchecked, leaving him no better than a feral beast. Only by allowing the mind of one trained in astral arts to connect to his can the armor’s effect be limited, but it is a bitter struggle even so.

Strengths
Swordsmanship – Fighting with swords larger than he since the age of 9, Guts is a master swordsman when wielding such blades. Despite the weight of his Dragon Slayer, he can still wield it with tremendous speed and accuracy.

Sheer Willpower – Guts has fought against beings capable of killing entire armies for two straight years, and no longer cares what most consider possible. No matter the situation, he will find a way past it, through either wit or brute force.

Battle Instincts – Despite losing an eye and arm, Guts has survived all-out battle against demons and ghosts nearly every night for two years, with harder battles against Apostles sprinkled throughout. This has honed his instincts to the point that he can detect attacks from anywhere and sense killing intent.

Weaknesses
Lack of Self-Preservation – Quite simply, Guts doesn’t care about his own life or well-being. He often pushes himself to the brink of death (or past, if not for some timely magic) limited only by how fast he can defeat his opponent. He would gladly give up an arm (as he already has) or a leg if it means winning.

Haphephobia – Guts has an overpowering fear of being touched by anyone he does not consider a friend, and has been known to violently push away any who attempt to do so. He reacts slightly less to women, but only his close friends can touch him without any fear.

Magical Ignorance – Not only does Guts lack any understanding of magic, he lacks even the desire to learn. His own weapons have always been enough to see him through, and on the rare occasion they fail his companions have magic to fill the gaps.