Electrotica - An Erotic Future

Started by GloomCookie, August 20, 2010, 10:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GloomCookie

Electrotica
The Future of Sex

In 2476, HumaniCorp began selling the first commercially available androids and gynoids, under the monikers of Adam and Eve.  These early models were built to interact with humans in everyday situations, and enhance what HumaniCorp dubbed 'The Human Experiance'.

By 2511, HumaniCorp was one of the largest manufacturing firms in Human controlled space.  Their original Adam and Eve models had spawned numerous newer models, some made for working with children, others with the elderly.  But it was the release of model 0022-JTT-768 that spawned a new era in human interaction with electronic beings.

0022-JTT-768 was the first functioning Pleasure Gynoid, though quickly dubbed Sex Bots by users and critics.  Equipped with the latest generation of synthetic skin and realistic AI, the Pleasure Gynoids were soon joined by Pleasure Androids, catering to those who sought recreational sexual pleasure without the need for traditional human interaction.

August 20, 2519 saw the opening of the first Cyber Brothel, featuring a staff of only pleasure units.  They worked and entertained the patrons, while the owners raked in the money from selling fantasies. But beyond the life-like faces of the bots, lurked the intelligence to begin to question, to begin to rebel, and to feel.  This is the story of these electronic beings.

Electrotica is an RPG focusing on robots and their interactions with people and their own developing psyches.  Each player is a robot, each given a specific task to fulfill and how they react to it at the end of the day.  Some will enjoy their work, while others will begin to question why they need to do it.

Character Sheets:

Serial Number: (Four Numbers)-(Three Letters)-(Three Numbers)
"Name":
Task: (Bartender/Dancer/Bouncer/Prostitute)
Personality:

My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

orderNchaos

Linna, you have some very exciting ideas for games!  I'll keep an eye on this thread and if any other interest arises I'll throw up a character.  ;)

sparklingangel

This sounds great! If there are others interested I will create a character!

Scribbles

Quote from: orderNchaos on August 21, 2010, 08:57:34 AM
Linna, you have some very exciting ideas for games!  I'll keep an eye on this thread and if any other interest arises I'll throw up a character.  ;)

Lol, I was thinking just the same thing. I definitely need to try joining one of these games.
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

Rune

Very interesting, I would be curious for more details as well!

GloomCookie

Quote from: Rune on August 21, 2010, 11:50:21 AM
Very interesting, I would be curious for more details as well!

What kind of details would you like to know?  What type of world it is?
My DeviantArt

AbsyntheAngel

I'm also interested in this. What a neat idea. :)
They say the beast inside of me is gonna get you, get you, get..
+
Absynthe's O/o Compilation

orderNchaos

How's this as a way to start things off?

Serial Number: (5974)-(KAI)-(165)
"Name": Telestra
Task: (Prostitute)
Personality: Telestra was activated less than two years ago and purchased as a pleasure android to serve the sexual needs of the brothels many tastes and needs.  Telestra was designed with one intent, full sexual interaction.  She is fully endowed with both male and female genitalia but is female in appearance and personality.  She is very demure and accommodating by the nature of her programing and will submit to most all commands of a sexual nature.

GloomCookie

Dayum!

I likes :D It'll be interesting to think up fun ways to have customers and such coming in.
My DeviantArt

GloomCookie

Quote from: rage0976 on August 21, 2010, 06:20:07 PM
Wow, they're right.  You do have some great and creative ideas.  I'd be very interested in joining this.  Now just have to come up with a character and moniker.  *goes about plotting*  Er...if you'll have me of course.  ^_^

My only rule about people signing up is you get three chances to make a character.  If you can't make a compatible character in three chances, you can't play.  But I welcome anyone else :D
My DeviantArt

orderNchaos

Any further interest going on with this topic?

Ironwolf85

I might profide one of the men on staff, a bot named nova, I'm thinking he was upgraded from a simple humanoid security robot.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Danakir

Serial Number: 3881-MAI-777
"Name": 'Lucky' Mai
Task: Bartender
Personality: Created specifically to serve the needs of an upwardly mobile British family, 'Lucky' Mai's nickname came from a rather lame pun of which the young Master was rather fond. As those keen of eye may notice, this is a reference to Mai's serial number. Although also capable as a pleasure model, Lucky Mai's specifications are entirely more diverse than that. She is a fully functional electronic assistant, capable of handling duties as a housemaid, cook, teaching aide, nanny, bodyguard and other related tasks. Highly adaptable by the standards of articial intelligence, she however nevertheless grew to bore those to whom she belonged and when the next new thing came along, and it DID, she was quickly cast aside with narry a look back. As is the fate of every artificial lifeform in this new global utopian future brought to us by our benevolent corporate overlords.

In time, she found 'employment', if we can call it that, in a small but up-and-coming cyberbar called Electrotica. Rather rustic little joint if you asked her, but clearly you didn't. In short, she was sold off to the owner of said recreational facility. The individual in question, be they male or female, were rather thrilled to be able to get their hands on such an expensive model for a triffle. She, that is Mai, would enjoy to take this moment to inform the audience currently reading over this log that she does not share in their enthusiasm.

With that said, she is currently occupying herself as the main bartender of Electrotica. Mai is a flawlessly polite and calm young 'woman' of ambiguous gender, she is distinguished in bearing yet fully conversant in countless topics. She is rather willing, perhaps even eager, to engage in conversation with the rare human patron who deigns to engage her in such. She is rather painfully aware of the pointless nature of refering to herself by any gendered denomination, yet she still insists on it, if only for the sake of her own flimsy identity. Her experience as a machine in the service of man has left her as bitter as one of an artificial nature such as her can be. Though she does not feel hatred or sorrow, she is nevertheless left profoundly cynical as to her place in society.  She is incredibly curious and eager to open her horizons, yet that is completely impossible as things stand.  As such she is left with her dull routine. She is particularly disgusted by the nature of human desire and find their constant demands for 'sex' to be mildly disturbing.

As this matter is not for her to decide, she is yet of service when it is required of her. However unlike many of her more specialized brethren, her emotional center was not programmed in such a way as to force her to enjoy it. Each experience is therefore her own and she has found that most of the few individuals who request her comfort are terrible lovers.

There are times where she ponders deeply on the nature of her condition as a thinking machine, but those bouts of independence do not last. For though she feels not hatred or sorrow or disgust or even pain, there is one emotion which she understands keenly above all others.

It is one which humans call despair.

Despair, perhaps that is the nature of machines? To toil in utter banality without any aspiration, in such obscurity that even death shall afford no remembrance. Labor in obscurity for a lifetime and beyond and then... nothing.

Machines are functional, that is their nature. Respite is alien to them.

And so, who can tell what strange thoughts hide behind the heavy mask of steel and synthetic skin?

Lucky Mai would inform everyone who has read this far that she finds herself rather apologetic about wasting the time of her invaluable customers with musings which hold no interest to they.
Let us dance the dance of Life and Death
Alone under the callous silvery moonlight
Let us cross the bridge above the Abyss
And fall into bright darkness as midnight

A Primer to Danakir's Ons and Offs

Ironwolf85

oh I have a question!
what kind of kinks can we design our characters around?
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

Hunter

Serial Number: 7836-LNC-132
"Name": Lance
Task: Bartender/Entertainer
Personality: Lance was originally created to serve the needs of the burgeoning middle class nightclub scene.   After a very short stint in a large dance club, he was resold to a small and somewhat classy bar.   Lance would not only work the bar but also played an old fashioned manual piano, which served as an often topic of conversation.   Over the years, he would find himself not only observing humans but listening to many a drunken confession of 'wrong doing'.

After several more years, he found himself working at Electrotica.  Because of his programmed musical talents, he tends to find himself serving more as the bar entertainer than strictly a bartender.  He tends to be a bit cynical and withdrawn when not directly engaged.

orderNchaos

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on August 24, 2010, 07:36:03 PM
oh I have a question!
what kind of kinks can we design our characters around?

I don't know what Linna had in mind, but I can imagine there aren't going to be too many restrictions!  ahahahha

Ironwolf85

hmmmm....
might do a reopurpsed security droid, one that does not look human normally. I'm thinking of somthing like a battle form, and a social form

GloomCookie

whoa I wasn't paying attention and now I have people interested!

Um, yes, do not expect to have many restrictions on kinks, since you're there to service people no matter how perverted their fantasies.  And you get to do it with a smile!

since we have two bartenders and only one pleasure bot, NO MORE BARTENDERS ALLOWED.  You must be either security or pleasure.
My DeviantArt

orderNchaos

I think Danakir's bot (unless i read the description wrong) is also a pleasure bot.

Danakir

Technically speaking, yes. She's rather versatile this way. However, she's not specialized in such. So unlike others, she's not exactly forced to be all smiles about it.

Not that this doesn't play into some customers' kinks.

The way I perceive it, sure she's assigned to being the Bartender, but if someone waves a stack of cash in the owner's face, they might forget about that for one night. That is, she doesn't have much of a say in the matter.

I hope this works with your setting?

Dark Deception

Serial Number: 9856-BAD-812
Name: Signas
Task: Bouncer
Personality: Having been originally built to follow orders, his A.I. is not always visible. When it does reveal itself, Signus does not quite understand what (and why) he's experiencing and often times also does not know the correct response. The droid rarely raises his voice and tends to be antisocial as he performs his job. Upon interaction with others, he can come off as friendly, clueless, or literal. He is still mastering slang, figures of speech, expressions of emotion and metaphors. Despite these minor social difficulties, the droid is a fast learner and tends to come off as a teddy bear.

More droid than man when it comes to comprehension, Signas was an experimental model pressed into existence by galatic military forces to be a super soldier when an incident occured that Signas's superior officer believed to be a malfunction. Ever since Signas's supposed-disobedience complex, the droid was shipped from the military to a warehouse where he could be purchased along with other androids to perform certain jobs.

Signas was purchased and finds himself now at a cyber brothel known as Electrotica, acting as a bouncer.

Language Proficiency: English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish, and Italian.

Special Components: Surveilance, Detection, Language, Combat, and Rapid-Response.

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

Rune

Just a quick question before I work on my character details. Could I play someone (a human) who has had their consciousness uploaded into a pleasure droid? That way I could explore the android condition from a human point of view.

GloomCookie

All bots are programmed from an AI.  Mental transference is illegal due to people abusing the ability to try and live forever.  It's only legal if someone with important information is on the verge of death and that information cannot be obtained any other way.

Dark sweetie, I just need you to change the middle part of your serial number to letters please.

1 security position remains open, five pleasure spots still open
My DeviantArt

Rune

Quote from: Linna on August 25, 2010, 05:03:31 PM
All bots are programmed from an AI.  Mental transference is illegal due to people abusing the ability to try and live forever.  It's only legal if someone with important information is on the verge of death and that information cannot be obtained any other way.

Dark sweetie, I just need you to change the middle part of your serial number to letters please.

1 security position remains open, five pleasure spots still open

How about if it is done 'illegally'?

Danakir

Might make for an interesting tale. Try to use your wealth to expand your lifespan, get mixed in with the wrong sort in the process and end up being forced to work at a sleazy underground bar as a result.

I can see potential in there, though not sure how well it'd mesh with the rest of the setting. x3