Leading the war into hell! [Intrest check]

Started by Blaed, March 29, 2010, 03:52:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imogen

Well, way I see it, the GM said you can have the weaponry, but that getting ammo might be a problem and I can kinda see his point. After all, the characters are going to be cut off and ammo will run out. Of course, -theoretically- you could bring a backpack filled with bullet clips and walk at snail pace under its weight, but hey... Being a lover of close combat scenes I gotta admit to some bias here tho ;-)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Videospirit

It'd be smarter to bring some kind of vehicle to carry the ammo in, although it would eventually run out of fuel as well.

Thorn14

Yeah I am confused about the settings now.

Question Mark

I'm good with whatever the GM says, but I'm sticking to my guns.  And if you guys prefer clobbering a demon to death over surgically neutralizing their threat from afar, I'd be more than happy to relieve you of all your guns and ammo, dead weight that they are.  >:D

Rachubka

Weapons really does depend on the setting. I'd stop speculating until Fallen comes out an outlines the plot specifically.

I wouldn't expect chain guns and ammo trucks to make an appearance if this was placed in a fantasy setting is what I mean. Swords and bows would become obsolete to things like chainsaws and the like. Sooo, yes!

Blaed

Alright, before I go to bed, let me kind of say what I have in mind.

This world is kind of set to 50 years into the future. But, since the demons have killed off most of the human population, and most of the buildings and cities that once stood, being able to make ammo is just about a lost skill. Having a working car or truck is not too had, but finding someone one that is willing to blow there face off to refine the oil is.

So, think about it as, since guns and cars take things to run and be used, they are kind of left behind as "useless pieces of metal" and traded in for swords and other up close weapons. That not saying that you guys will not get "powers" later on in the game that will be better the said weapons. Since you people will be the first living people able to walk around in hell, who knows how it will change you guys.

Thorn14

Sounds like a safe enough bet.

I guess the best some people could hope for then is a lousy pistol with some cheap ammo.

Blaed

I am working on a greater plot, to help you guys out. Now that I see there is enough people to start the game, I will be asking you guys and gals to soon start making characters, and seeing how I got people on both sides, I might have to make this a system game, and not free form.

But, that is not saying that I will not keep it free form. So, start thinking about your characters more, and I will get back to you. I have a few friends of mine that I might call in to fill out the game a little more.

Question Mark

Would it be ok if my character was a gun enthusiast, i.e. one of those people who "is willing to blow there face off to refine the oil"?  He collects and fixes "outdated" machinery and can serve as an all around mechanic and engineering whiz.  Actually, that'd be a good reason for him to go; such a high-importance team would need all the niches filled.  A gun expert who can fix machinery or improvise on the go would be invaluable for any equipment they brought along (including those crappy pistols).

Miles Trent

Well.... I was hoping that the whole thing would be purely freeform. Guess I'll sit this one out then. Sorry, Fallen.
Using a real person's picture is like stealing their soul.... Consult your local roleplay doctor before proceeding. :D
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

Blaed

@Miles Trent: I have not made up my mind yet about it being a system or a free form. So stick around until I do.

As for the gun thing, I will think about it, but for a car or truck, don't event think about that one. Lets just say that your team is meant to be unseen as much as you can. So they would not allow your party to take one.

But again, just remember that your going to be cut off from the other side, and supplies are going to run out. I am not going to be like Resident Evil and be like "omg, for some reason this little girl demon was carrying three boxes of hand gun bullets.

Just to let you know. :P

Question Mark

I figured as much, what with the "be covert, no loud motor engine" thing.  Makes sense for a scouting party.

I was thinking more of the circle of greed (3rd circle of Hell IIRC), which is said to be completely mechanical, clockwork, in nature.  If that's based on engineering, who knows what else is...  After all, grimy metal and thick grease evokes images of the damned better than clean cloth and smooth wood.

Heh, I'm probably defending a moot point.  I am fine with whatever you come up with Fallen.  :D

Thorn14

What about crossbows Question Mark? Those are kind of like guns, and they were banned for a reason...

Question Mark

True, crossbows are nice.  But there's just something about the crack of a rifle...  And the immediate death scream of a hellspawn.  >:)  A bullet and a demon are like a penis and a vagina: they just work best with one inside the other.

Miles Trent

In that case, I suppose I'll stick around. Its just that systems tends to give me a headache so I avoid them.
Using a real person's picture is like stealing their soul.... Consult your local roleplay doctor before proceeding. :D
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

LIAR

playfullchick76

My character would be good with her sidearm, and a shotgun when need be.