Problem Posting Pictures

Started by Haylie, December 19, 2008, 12:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haylie

Hi, i tried posting pictures in the Real Life photos thread (not the one made by greenthorn) although my text was posted, i noticed that the pictures were not. So i checked the phpbb format and it was correct.

I came here wondering if there was something i had to in order to get the permissions to post pictures.

Caeli

Your image must be hosted online - as in, you can't link to the pictures on your computer. Also, some online hosts (geocities comes to mind) do not allow you to hotlink to images you have uploaded on their servers.

Imageshack and Photobucket both work, though. If your images still don't work, I would check your url.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Moondazed

~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Trieste

I checked the code on your posts and it is correct, as well as the URL.

In all probability, ImageShack does not allow direct display of images, and you will have to post the pictures as links to the post ... or change hosts.

Caeli

If you're using a public image host like Photobucket or imageshack, some of their servers might be having an outage, so even if your code is correct and your links are correct, your image might not show up.

*shrugs* I would simply be patient, wait a few hours and check again. Or try to reupload it.

Quote from: Trieste on December 19, 2008, 12:35:13 PM
I checked the code on your posts and it is correct, as well as the URL.

In all probability, ImageShack does not allow direct display of images, and you will have to post the pictures as links to the post ... or change hosts.

Imageshack does allow direct linking of images, but sometimes their servers have problems or don't work. I would try uploading it to imageshack again.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Haylie

Ok, i used a different one than the one i used before that Imageshack gave me. I just had to delete a bunch of advert stuff that it wanted to try to pop up with it and it works fine now.

Problems solved.