Has Nessie been found?

Started by Mithlomwen, April 19, 2014, 10:52:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mithlomwen

Article Link

According to the article, amateur monster hunters using Apple Maps have discovered something in the waters of Loch Ness that might be Nessie. 

I don't know how true it is, but I think it would be really freaking cool if they have found something.  It would be interesting to see what the nay-sayers would say if it happened to be true. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Inkidu

Didn't the guy who took the picture admit that it was fake? :\
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Nico

I have always loved the Nessie myth, since I was a child.

Not sure if it's true, but it would be freaking amazing. :-)

Mithlomwen

Quote from: Inkidu on April 19, 2014, 10:53:47 AM
Didn't the guy who took the picture admit that it was fake? :\

I have no idea. 
Baby, it's all I know,

inghippo

Last sighting was in 2009, made by a security guard with google earth O.o

Cassandra LeMay

Interesting how this looks nothing at all like the "classical" images of Nessie. In a maritime creature you would expect the wider part to be the head, and the more slender part to be the tail. In this case it would mean there's nothing at all like the snakelike head and neck we so often associate with Nessie.
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

Mithlomwen

Yup. 

The pic in the link in my first post, the shape of it looks more like a whale shark rather than the classic Plesiosaur shape. 
Baby, it's all I know,

inghippo

What make me suspicious is that even if a lot of people try to prove nessie's existance in all these years, nobody try to prove with something more then unclear photos.
I mean, a dinosaur in a  lake have to eat a lot, a place where to sleep, it's really strange  that there are no proof of this kind...don't you think?

Cassandra LeMay

Quote from: inghippo on April 19, 2014, 11:36:01 AM
What make me suspicious is that even if a lot of people try to prove nessie's existance in all these years, nobody try to prove with something more then unclear photos.
I mean, a dinosaur in a  lake have to eat a lot, a place where to sleep, it's really strange  that there are no proof of this kind...don't you think?
It doesn't have to eat much, because it's an undead dinosaur. It just feeds on the brain juices of people who try to take pictures of it, which makes their pictures and memories of the monster so blurry.  ;)
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

inghippo

wow zombie dinosaur! Everybody knows that zombies can live under water for a lot! xD

Nico

I just like the fact that people are still talking and speculating about Nessie. :-) It is such an awesome myth.

inghippo

Well we could try to launch the new mith of Zombie Nessie, maybe we can write a book about this theory and make some money!

RedPhoenix

Quote from: inghippo on April 19, 2014, 12:17:27 PM
Well we could try to launch the new mith of Zombie Nessie, maybe we can write a book about this theory and make some money!

Zombie Nessie Mith you say? >.>
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

inghippo

I think a zombie nessie is stil PG13  ::)