X-Men 2025 - Marvel Based - Adult Themed - LGBTQ Friendly - Recruiting

Started by Kuroneko, June 27, 2017, 01:33:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuroneko

Quote from: RubySlippers on June 28, 2017, 07:50:07 PM
Question can we work FOR the government for example be a mutant with the FBI whose from the government family might be a fine recruit after a college degree, FBI training and likely placement in counter terrorism or other role?

Not sure who one of the Greys might work but there are other others. And yes she would likely have donated her time and genetic material for R&D purposes.

And it might be a nice counter to Professor X to have a telepathic player in another camp who might not like meddling from untrained outside groups but support New York's work.

I had to think about this question a bit before I answered it.

The short answer is yes, I think it might be possible to have a mutant FBI agent, with some caveats and creative details. But there's also a long answer that's related to plot events I have in mind, and some of that I want to keep under wraps for the time being. So, we'd need to chat privately to try and figure something out.

What I can say here is that I want to be sure that characters are all located in a place that supports and encourages interaction with each other rather than isolating them, and that for the moment, several NPC's reside in the government arena in order to move plot points forward. I wouldn't want to put a PC there and have them be there all by themselves. But, I think there's potential for a Federal agent to be assigned to the MCRD, which could offer up a lot of potential for character tension and interaction.
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Opale

Quote from: RubySlippers on June 28, 2017, 07:50:07 PM
Question can we work FOR the government for example be a mutant with the FBI whose from the government family might be a fine recruit after a college degree, FBI training and likely placement in counter terrorism or other role?

Not sure who one of the Greys might work but there are other others. And yes she would likely have donated her time and genetic material for R&D purposes.

And it might be a nice counter to Professor X to have a telepathic player in another camp who might not like meddling from untrained outside groups but support New York's work.

If my Emma Frost character is accepted, it could be that counter power to Prof X :)

Btw, is there a thread where to post the Character's sheet yet ?

Empyrean

*hugs Kuroneko*

I will get to work on Leech and Morph bios tomorrow then. :) I've got a solid idea of what I want to do with Leech, and the beginnings of an idea for Morph.

Jag

Quote from: Opale on June 29, 2017, 12:12:15 AM
Btw, is there a thread where to post the Character's sheet yet ?

Not yet. I think we're just PMing them to Kuroneko for approval right now and a thread will be later.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Kuroneko

Quote from: Empyrean on June 29, 2017, 12:44:30 AM
*hugs Kuroneko*

I will get to work on Leech and Morph bios tomorrow then. :) I've got a solid idea of what I want to do with Leech, and the beginnings of an idea for Morph.

*hugs back* Awesome :-)

Jag is correct, the sheets come to me. I haven't set up any game threads yet.

Just a note to everyone - today I'm attending a professional seminar in quick change makeup effects given by the head of makeup for Saturday Night Live (so excited!), and then spending some time with a friend who's about to move out of the country, so I'm out for the day and tomorrow morning, back in the afternoon. I'll be able to check in from time to time and answer questions, but I won't be able to respond to the sheets that have been sent to me until I get back, so I apologize for keeping people waiting.

I also noticed I had a coding error in the character sheet, because my code fu is weak :-( . I've corrected it there, but here's the corrected code line as well:

[center][size=14pt][font=papyrus][b][color=purple]~DETAILS~[/color][/b][/font][/size][/center]

It's the line between the information in the upper half of the sheet and the lower half of the sheet.

Jag

Opale

crossing my fingers for my character to be approved ^^

Imogen

Quote from: Jagerin on June 29, 2017, 03:37:44 PM
I'm excited to play Toad again. ^^

I remember you playing him. That was a crazy amount of fun :-)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

RedPhoenix

Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Empyrean

RedPhoenix

I'm thinking Copycat, maybe in deep cover at the Hellfire club? :D

Empyrean

Funny you should mention that. I submitted Morph as a member of the HC earlier today. :p

Kuroneko

Hey everyone, I'm still at my friend's house. They asked me to stay another night because they need help with repairing the grout and re-caulking their master bedroom shower after re-doing their bath. After talking to them about it it was clear they had no idea how to do it, and since I've installed a lot of tile and redone several bathrooms I'm going to do it for them so they don't eff it up, lol. I should be back home in the late afternoon tomorrow.

Again, I'm sorry for the delay.

persephone325

I saw "X-Men" in the title, and was immediately interested.

I'm slowly coming back to E after my move, so I'm not 100% right now. But my muse really wants to play. lol
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Kuroneko

persephone325

Quote from: Kuroneko on July 01, 2017, 12:47:23 AM
It would be great to have you, Persephone :-)

Aww. <3 You're making it hard to say no, now! XD
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Empyrean on July 01, 2017, 12:20:26 AM
Funny you should mention that. I submitted Morph as a member of the HC earlier today. :p

Too similar? I can think of something else if you'd rather I not step on your toes!

Empyrean

Morph as I envision her is a member of the Club in good standing, not a deep cover agent. Leech though, he's with the MCRD. I think he might work well with Copycat or whoever you're making. :)

Opale

My Emma Frost character should be with MCRD too :) Might be fun to rp her reactions when Leech is around and she looses her abilities.

Empyrean

Jag

Toad is not a member of Hellfire, but he's going to be involved with it (cage fighter).

RedPhoenix

All sounding very nifty. Will work up a sheet and get it to Kuro! :)

Sirian Eve

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

RedPhoenix

keyotess

I am working on my history for Scarlet Witch right now. :)  Hope to have it done sometime today.
By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

My story contribution: FemFour: superheroine, Futa, NC-H

On/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=335439.0