Dragon Hunters (OOC + Character sheets - 2 spots newly opened)

Started by Crowe, November 04, 2011, 01:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crowe

UPDATE:
((Fazzeagle and Miakage dropped out, so we have space for 2 new characters to join the adventure. PM me or post in this thread so we can discuss your entry into the story, which at the moment is at a pause.))

Hello everyone  :-)

I will post here the setting and character sheets so you can fill them. I've never actually managed a RP by myself so I hope to count on you as much as you can count on me  ^-^

Setting:
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Nevarra
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Ferelden
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Dragonbone_Wastes
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Drake%27s_Fall
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Codex_entry:_Drake%27s_Fall

Story:
"In 8:99 Blessed, dragons devastate the countrysides in Orlais and Nevarra, and all attempts to slay them end in disaster. As the Blessed Age draws to a close, they name the Dragon Age, saying that it will be an age of violence and upheaval."

The Pentaghast clan of Nevarra has heard rumors of Drakes Fall, a place where dragons go to die, in Ferelden being active again. They have hand picked a small group of dragon hunter warriors to investigate these rumors. These warriors have never met each other, but they must work together to achieve the mission. The main problem for them may not be the dragons themselves, but the coming Blight and rumors of a Civil War brewing in Ferelden.

The warriors' first meeting is in the harbor of Cumberland, Nevarra, while waiting for the ship that will take them across the Waking Sea to Ferelden...

Character Sheets:

~Picture~ (please don’t stretch the forum walls)
Name:
Title (optional): (a noble title (if any) and/or profession)
Race: (human, elf, dwarf, kossith/qunari)
Height/Weight:
Class: (mage, rogue, warrior) see:
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Classes_%28Origins%29
Weapon(s):
Special Talent (optional): (a special talent specific to your character that they have mastered)
Birthplace: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Thedas
Family:
Background:

Main Thread:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123647.0

Crowe

Character List:

~Art by: Mario Wibisono~
Name: Eira
Title: “Emerald Dragoon”
Race: Human
Height/Weight: 5’7” / 120 lbs.
Class: Rogue (?)
Weapon(s): Katana
Special Talent: Ability to sense dragons (will be expanded upon later).
Birthplace: Unknown
Family: All deceased
Background: Formerly a mercenary, she is now a dragon hunter in Nevarra. She does not speak much about herself or her past, but is fiercely loyal to those she forms bonds with, however few they may be. She is part of a very secret section of dragon hunters called Dragoons. But their purpose and masters are unknown. Most believe the Dragoons are only legends, for they operate in complete secrecy. Eira took the mission posted by the Pentaghast clan for reasons all her own, not knowing where the fates will take her.

FazzEagle

(Credit to the person who actually drew this picture!)

Name: Goraidh 'Raid' Cadwyn
Title: "Noble Dragon Slayer"
Race: Human
Height/Weight: 6'2"/ 160 lbs
Class: Warrior (?)
Weapon(s): Sword and Shield
Special Talent (optional): Being able to sense the presence of Dragons (will also be explained later)
Birthplace: Claims to be the surviving son of a forgotten Noble Family in Ferelden in an unknown location
Family: Presumably deceased
Background:
Goraidh had made a reputation for himself for being able to slay dragons while many could not, and his claim that he is the surviving son of a Noble family that perished from a Darkspawn attack gave him the nickname "Noble Dragon Slayer" - though many have not heard of a noble family name called 'Cadwyn' before. He works as a mercenary to make a living, but he gets bad rep from fellow mercenaries due to his arrogant and snobbish personality. He received a letter one day, hiring him to get rid of the Dragons assumed to have spawned from Drake Falls, and so the 'Knight' makes his way to finish the job.

MiaKage

Name: Cirnelle
Race: Elf
Height/weight: 5'3" / 98 lbs.
Class: Rogue
Weapon(s): Two daggers and a number of throwing daggers
Special Talent: Supernatural Acrobatics
Birthplace: an Alienage in an unkown town
Family: all deceased
Background: Cirnelle lived a hard life in the elvish alienages of Fereldon, growing up learning the skills of a pick pocket, then a thief. She made a name for herself while in Nevarra, being able to steal high value objects by what seemed impossible means. Always out for some quick cash, or the thrill of a challenge, took up dragon hunting. Keeping her alternate motives a secret, unknowing whether dragons truly exist or not, sure the pay should be good.
On/Off
A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back because the scorpion cannot swim. The frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion says, "Because if I do, I will die too."
The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream, the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown, but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"
The scorpion replies: "But, little frog, I can swim."

Crowe

By the way, guys, the NPCs are all up for grabs. If you need to use them to help your post, go right ahead. :-)

FazzEagle

I'll wait for Miakage to post before I do. At the mean time, I'll be surfing the net for a bit~

MiaKage

I'm sorry im sorry! I've been a tad bit busy today! hehe, I'm free now though!  ;D
On/Off
A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back because the scorpion cannot swim. The frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion says, "Because if I do, I will die too."
The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream, the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown, but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"

Crowe

No worries  ;D And if you guys want to include a certain element to the story that will help develop your character, you can go ahead and put it in the story or discuss it here.

I have a vague idea of the main plot points that will take us to the end of the mission, but we'll need to flesh it out as we go.

FazzEagle

No problem :) We're just starting off at the moment so I think this is just the part where we see how our characters' personalities blend in with the others. I'm sure in the near future we'll be adding elements of our own when the time is right. I am not sure though if I should tell someone of my ideas or keep it to myself to keep the 'fun' in it.

Crowe

You can keep it a secret, but just so we don't skip over it accidently, just say something like: 'we should stop by this tavern after this event', for example. Just to have a heads up.

As for me, there are two mages inside the sealed room (the ones keeping up the barrier), but there is also a third hiding in the back, a child. Let's try and not kill it by accident, ok?

Something like that. No need to go into too much detail.

MiaKage

Sorry if that last post was a little short, I'm getting ready to go, I have a get together to go do so I'm going to be missing for a bit. If you guys need to, you can use Cirnelle like an NPC or continue with whatever it is you have planed so you don't have to stop because of me.
On/Off

Crowe

No worries, since they separated for now.

These are some of the scribbled notes to find in Bodor's room (The one-eyed crewman. I chose that name because it sounded like 'odor' and I picture that the guy doesn't smell very good  :D )

"The elf, Taven, will be waiting to pick up the merchandise behind the Black Rune Inn."

"The mage sounds desperate by the look of his letters. Must haggle for a bigger pay."

"The Drakes can be disposed off if necesarry, but the girl must be unharmed or else."

Crowe

So I think we should make a jump after everyone goes to sleep and arrive in Jader in the morning. That is, unless you guys want to do something else before we get there.

Jader is still part of Orlais, so there's going to be a town festival at the time of their arrival. Very Orlesian (think Hunchback of Notre Dame). I wanted to blend in some change in the atmosphere before the party goes to war-torn Ferelden.

The meeting with Taven should take place at night sometime after their arrival (if needed, it could be a few days later). Now, do either of you guys want to take control of Taven, the elf? I figure that if I'm controlling Claira for now, I should pass this NPC onto someone else. You can give him whatever personality you wish and I'll write here what he knows so you have an easier time playing him.

MiaKage

I don't mind there being a short time jump, seems we're finished with our scenes on the ship so would do good. I'm still pretty new to forum RPing and don't really feel comfortable taking control of someone who has a personality that is greater than a rock, hehe. I wouldn't mind playing the parts of goons or minions, I just don't want to mess up a character that is a little bit more important.  :-\
On/Off

FazzEagle

I don't mind there being a short jump too :) Sorry for the late reply; was finishing up some work.

Crowe

It's all good, and no worries Mia.

How about you, Fazz? About the elf, I mean.

FazzEagle

I don't know lol I guess I could give it a try but I'm not exactly the best when it comes to roleplaying two characters at once. Just don't be worried to point out if I made any mistakes so I can RP accordingly

Crowe

Sure thing. There's not much to it, really.

Taven is a servant of Kirion, a mage serving a noblewoman of the Howe family in Highever. They claimed the castle immediately after pushing out the Couslands. They have been smuggling Drakes and Dragonlings into the castle for weeks. But during a visit to Nevarra, Claira manifested her powers and was immediately taken by the Templars. Kirion swiftly arranged to have her brought to Jader, then past the border to Ferelden so nobody would suspect. Taven's job was to secure the girl and the Drakes and bring them to an isolated estate near West Hill, where Kirion would be waiting. There, the Drakes would be inspected before being taken to Highever.

That's a big chunk of the plot I was working with to make their journey into the Coastlands more exciting. Of course, there is room for adding more as we go.

FazzEagle

Alright, I'll do what I can. Just give me the signal when I need to play as him!

Crowe

Quote from: FazzEagle on November 09, 2011, 02:42:55 PM
Alright, I'll do what I can. Just give me the signal when I need to play as him!

I think anytime now is fine because they're already settled into the Inn. He could arrive and wander around town if you like but the meeting should still take place at nightfall.

FazzEagle

Alright, give me some time though. I'm flooded with work at the moment

FazzEagle

Can we safely assume that they all put their equipments in bags/sacks for the time being and dressed casually to not arouse suspicion?

Crowe

Sure, that's fine with me.

I'm a little unsure how they'd spend the rest of the day waiting for the exchange that night. I mean, I can have Eira go shopping for potions or something, I guess.

FazzEagle

The festival is full of people from different places. Perhaps this would be a good time for some characters to meet some characters that will be seen much later in the story?

Crowe

That sounds good to me. I can always plan a big story, but I stumble on the small cracks in between  :-\