Welcome to St. Vladimir's Academy (Actively recruiting/accepting apps!)

Started by HeavenAbove, November 27, 2013, 06:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeavenAbove

Welcome to St. Vladimir's Academy

It is difficult enough going through school and surviving the daily challenges of having to fit in, or remembering to complete your homework, or avoiding direct eye contact with that cute guy or girl you have had a crush on for some time. This school is a little different, let me explain. Tucked away in the deep forests of Montana, St. Vladimir’s Academy is a large school campus that covers several acres with a large black gate that runs the perimeter. The school is protected by extremely powerful magical wards that act like a barrier to keep the unwanted and uninvited from entering.

St. Vladimir’s is a Vampire Academy. Yes, you heard correctly. Vampires fall into two categories, ok well three… if you want to be technical, but we will get into that in a moment. The two types that attend the prestigious school are the royal Moroi, and the ass-kicking half-blooded Damphirs.

The Royal Moroi – These vampires are full of pride and often arrogance. They seem to look down on anyone who isn’t a royal. Not all of them are this way of course. It is simply how they are raised to think. There are twelve royal families total within the world of the vampires. Each family vying for power and waiting their turn to take the royal throne and lead their people. They are often described as ‘tall, thin, pale-skilled, and stunningly beautiful’. The Moroi cannot spend lengthy amounts of time out in direct sunlight as they will grow extremely tired and weak. The Moroi are also magic wielders as each Moroi specializes within the 5 elements of magic. Air, Water, Fire, Earth, or Spirit. Spirit being the rarest of all the magical elements, you will hardly find anyone that is capable of harnessing it. The title given to the oldest member in each royal family is ‘Prince’ or ‘Princess’.

The Damphirs – A race of vampires whose numbers are slowly dwindling. In the beginning it is said that they were the creation of a Moroi and human union, being born as a half-breed with the best features of a Moroi without the weaknesses. Though now it is known that Damphir offspring are the result of Moroi and Damphir unions. They do not possess the gift to wield magic like their royal counterparts, though they make up for it with their strength, speed, and agility. Damphirs are fierce fighters and are the bodyguards and protectors of the royal Moroi families. Damphirs are usually known to heal quicker than humans but not as quickly as Moroi. They can be out in the Sun and not suffer the same effects as the Moroi do. At the end of graduation from an Academy, Damphirs are given a Promise Mark to signify that they have completed training and are assigned to a royal as a Guardian to follow and protect them from any and all threats.

While attending St. Vladimir’s Academy, all students (Moroi or Damphir) are enrolled into several classes each year. Classes are often specialized depending on what the student is. Moroi take classes like Basics of Elemental Control that help them to study and understand their growing magic. While the Damphirs take classes such as Advanced Guardian Combat Techniques. Though both Damphir and Moroi do take a lot of similar classes which fall under the more basic types like language classes, Moroi culture, and math.

Why do Moroi even need Damphirs to protect them you ask? Well the third type of vampire that walk the Earth are extremely deadly and will stop at nothing to wipe out the entire Moroi race. They are known as Strigoi and they are very intimidating.

The Strigoi – These types of vampires are made and not born. While the Moroi are pale skinned, the Strigoi have chalky-white skin with a vibrant red colored ring around their eyes. They are immortal unlike Moroi or Damphir who inevitably age and pass away. Strigoi are made two ways, forcibly and willingly. You can force a Human, Damphir, or Moroi to become Strigoi by drinking their blood and then forcing them to drink Strigoi blood after. One who is willing to become Strigoi (though this only applies to the Moroi) must drain their victim of blood completely, thus killing them and turning the Moroi into Strigoi. Strigoi possess no magical ability, cannot step foot into sunlight without burning up and cannot step onto holy grounds. Strigoi possess an insane amount of strength and speed, which can only be matched by that of a highly trained Damphir. They seek Moroi blood because it makes them even more powerful with each Moroi they kill. They can be killed in one of 3 known ways. A silver stake to the heart, decapitation, or being set on fire. When a Damphir successfully kills a Strigoi they are given a Molnija Mark, a tattoo on their back which symbolizes that they have slain a Strigoi in battle.

Moroi need to drink blood to survive, while Damphirs do not require blood at all to live and function normally. Within the walls of St. Vladimir’s there are humans who willingly live and give their blood to Moroi, they are referred to as ‘Feeders’. These Feeders are addicts and give blood willingly at any time during the day or night. A Moroi bite makes the person on the receiving end feel like they are on top of the world. It is a high unlike any other, no drug in the world could match it. It is the high that becomes so addictive, a radiating warmth and wonderful feeling that is often tied into sexual wanting. There is something to note, it is viewed as dirty or raunchy for a Moroi to drink the blood of a Damphir. The Royal Court looks down upon it with disgust and while it is not completely illegal or outlawed, it is highly frowned upon. It is rare to find a Moroi and Damphir who fall in love and marry, as they must do so out of the eye of the Royal Court. Moroi tend to marry within the royal bloodlines to keep them strong and pure.

Currently in need of:

• Guardians
  • Instructors
  • Moroi Students
  • Damphir Students

As most of you know, this idea is based off of the popular world of Vampire Academy which is a book series from the wonderful Richelle Mead. The role of the school's headmaster shall be taken by me. But pretty much everything is open at this point. I am not putting Strigoi up there quite yet as I want to focus more on the day to day lives of the students in the beginning rather than having Strigoi trying to run around and break into the school. That will come later  >:)

Character Sheet (for those interested!)

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b] (Moroi or Damphir)
[b]Position:[/b] (Student, Guardian, Instructor)
[b]Element:[/b] (This is Moroi ONLY)
[b]Appearance:[/b] (If using a picture, no anime please) also a short paragraph would help.
[b]Personality:[/b] 1-2 paragraphs will work.
[b]History:[/b] 1-2 paragraphs, unless you want to make it more extensive.

Ghostwheel

Haven't heard of the books, but the concept seems pretty cool. Let me give it some thought and leave a placeholder here for the kind of vampire I'd like to play. That said, leaning towards a Moroi student specializing in cold/ice magic.

HeavenAbove

Quote from: Ghostwheel on November 27, 2013, 06:46:44 PM
Haven't heard of the books, but the concept seems pretty cool. Let me give it some thought and leave a placeholder here for the kind of vampire I'd like to play. That said, leaning towards a Moroi student specializing in cold/ice magic.

The books are terrific, and as for the magic specialization, it would be more water-based, since there isn't 'ice/cold' magic within the world itself. Though the Moroi water users can certainly manipulate water in certain aspects to freeze it I would imagine, they just don't call it that :P

Ghostwheel

rou

I'm tentatively interested as well. I just can't decide. I know I've picked up one of the books before but never actually carried through with giving them a read. There's SO MUCH on my to-read list it's not even funny. xD

// A&A: July 17, 2022 //
“succubus angel” — anonymous

Jemady Angel

I have not read but I do believe those books are set in high school years. (Actually I think I started but never finished the first book... or maybe that was Marked?) Anyway, what level of school is this set at? Is this supposed to be college or high schools years? Just wanting to get an idea as to where the age levels and maturities should roughly be at.
<---- O/o

HeavenAbove

Ghostwheel

Would we all need to be 16+ to conform to age/sex rules for the board? Or are we doing less e-RP and focusing more on other aspects of the game? (And thus, could we play 14 year olds?)

HeavenAbove

This game doesn't have to be center-focused around sex. If the characters are of legal age, then they can have at it. But anyone playing characters under 'said' age should keep their characters from any sort of sexual scenes within the game itself.

GhettoMagick

bookmarked. I just got the vampire academy books today so I will moss deff be interested!
I wanna be loved by you. Just you. And everyone else too. I wanna be loved by everyone. ;o)

rou

not sure if you're willing, but seeing as this is a fantasy thing anyway, i don't know if anything would be lost by upping the years. specifically making it so that the lowest ages are at 16, and students vary from ages 16-20 or something.

// A&A: July 17, 2022 //
“succubus angel” — anonymous

HeavenAbove

That's perfectly fine with me. It doesn't have to be set in stone for a 14-18 year age range. We can adjust it to 16-20

Sharon

Making my character now hehe Love these books!

Sharon

Done awaiting approval
Name: Gaily Stars
Race:Damphir
Position: Student,
Element: N/A

Appearance:
Gaily long black hair is always wear loosely unless she in a combat class then it is pulled back in a tight bun she learn her lesion about having long hair not tired up when she was younger when a boy took a hold of her hair and pulled her around by it. She is hardly seen without her hat on her head as if it was a trademark of hers and she likes to keep it that way.  Her deep brown eyes seemed to always scanning her surrounding in and out of class as if she can’t really relaxed for a moment this goes back when she was with her mother. 

She never like dressing up in dresses as she see in no point in as it would hold her back if she ever needed to protect her counterpart, so she is always in a loose fitting cloths most of the time though for special events she wears slacks but she requires them to be loose around her legs and a her nice shirt must allow her to move around freely without rune them.   Her sun-kissed skin seemed to glow in the light as she takes pride in how she looks skin wise as she wants to bring mother the next generation of Damphir so this mean she had to looked her best and feel soft even though she has to hold this tough composer.   Gaily shoes choose are regular shoes but has one nice dress shoes for the special events.

Personality:
Gaily understands her place in the world around her and she embrace it than fight it which makes her work very hard in her combats classes though she slack in the other parts of her schooling. She tries to stay away from boys but she can’t help but look at them and wonder what it would be like to be with them. She tries to block herself off from emotions at times scare that it will come back and bite her in the butt as she had seen it happened to many people before.

History:
Gaily was rise her father, Mark Star, he was known as a good Guardian, he was a well role model for Damphir everywhere. Gaily is stands in his great shadow even at a young age when he did come around he was always wanting to see her push herself to become a better Damphir. He wanted his daughter to be the best. Gaily wanted to make her father proud of her so she train even at young age as hard as she could, she was always pushing herself to the next level as she never seemed to be happy with where she was at.

There was always someone better than her and she couldn’t have that she wanted to be top of her class just like her father was when he was at school. Though it didn’t help that the teachers seemed to want more from her as well, most of her combat teachers would tell her, ‘You have Mark’s blood in you… you can do way better than this.’  She always wonder who her mother was as her father would never tell her. It was not like it was common for them to tell the children who were the Moroi parent was due to their powers they hold in their world.

Gaily a few days before her 16th birthday she had been given horrible news of her father, he had fallen in duty protecting his charger. The family member started to send money into helping Gaily with things that she may need such as paying her way through school as it was the lease she could do after everything Mark had done for her. This had torn Gaily up greatly almost made her question why Damphir do what they do. It took her months spending time with Lady Salem to re-understand why they do what they do. Lady Salem was like a mother she never had though they never be the same and Gaily was okay with this. Once Gaily was starting to show signs of being alright Lady Salem went back home with her new Guardian.

Gaily went back to working harder than ever now that her father was gone she had to keep the family name alive. This was the year she grows to want to carry a child and bring more of Damphir into the world to keep Moroi’s safe because that was what they were meant for. She thought if she didn’t give her very best her father memories would be in vain. So she will end up crying at times if someone tell her that she needs to work harder or she doing something wrong she wanted to be the very best just like her father was.

HeavenAbove

Excellent! Glad this is getting attention, I love these books, and I recommend them to anyone and everyone!

Sharon

I am glade you thought of making this a Role play!

Ghostwheel

Started reading the books and have reached book 3... at what point in the books will the game be set? For example, is magic even considered as being used as a weapon against the Strigoi? Or is there still a complete and utter ban on even the thought of it happening?

Kaisude

Name: Faust D. Valenburg (Drozdov)
Race: Dhampir
Position: Student
Element:
Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Faust stands at six foot two and weighs an athletic two hundred and twenty four pounds. He has a scar on stretching down from just a little above his eye brow down to his upper cheek under his right eye. The scar can be seen on his eye lid as well. He has jet black hair which is medium length stretching just a little above his broad shoulders. His eyes are almost white with a grayish tint to them. He tends to keep himself well groomed and in peak shape.

Wearing clothes that he finds comfortable, and as long as they match he could care less about style. His skin is slightly less pale than other dhampir that's due to his human mother' genetics. Choosing skater shoes as his preference of foot apparel. The reason being they are extremly comfortable. He picks two color schemes both including black. Blue and purple are his favorite color so you will see one or the other corresponding with black.

Personality: Faust sees himself as an equal to his counterparts the Moroi despite fate choosing him to be a Dhampir. He flows in confidence, and isn't afraid to be social. He sees himself as a guardian for all defending the defenseless and weak. He's not conceited in any way, just very sure of himself. Likes to befriend females more so than man. The opposites attract what more can he say? Those who look down upon him and his race tend to press his buttons. It's not like they could pick their parents. He's a curious one and always seems to stick his nose in where it doesn't belong; which usually lands him in a bad position.

History: Faust was born in to this world alone after his mother died  giving birth to her wonderful son. His father a Moroi vampire disgusted with the Dhampir race wanted nothing to do with him. Leaving for his poor mother to raise him all alone. Faust now a bastard was taken in by a orphanage for Moroi and Dhampir alike. Not allowing his loss of his mother and father to effect him Faust found it easy to get along with the children of orphanage. Despite being two different races the head mistress taught them about equality and to love one another. Faust took to the mistress as his mother as he was sure she would love him the way his real mother would.

At such a young age Faust experienced adversity when he saw his friend Leila a fellow Dhampir being harassed by a Moroi passer by who was around his age. Coming to Leila' aid he tried to use words to prevent any further damage. Thus the Moroi boy grew angrier spitting discriminatory words at their race. Faust witnessed anger for the first time and shoved the boy as hard as possible. The boy returned with a dagger drawn. Unaware what to do Faust found himself in a dangerous position, but no matter what he had to protect his friend. The boy lunged at Faust tackling him to the ground trying to gouge out his right eye. Faust managed to catch blade but that only kept him from losing his eye. He could feel the blade slice down his face, and his blood spilling from the wound. The boy was caught off guard when the mistress had picked him up with ease and tossed him aside. Faust covered his eye writhing in pain, but Leila was safe and that was all that mattered.

After many of years of watching his friends come and go. Faust was adopted by a Moroi family whose only purpose of adopting him was to send him to school and have him trained to protect their daughter only a year youger. Keeping his friendly nature Faust took his classes seriously because he wanted to protect his family and friends. He didn't need magic. He himself became a shield and sword. He was adept in the combat arts as it was in his blood, but not knowing who his father was had kept him from that. He enrolled in St. Vladimir Academy when his sister was of age so that he could protect her through out school.

Kaisude

Sorry for the double post but should anyone want to make Faust' sister for this rp please feel free. You have creative rights in all. Just include the adoption of Faust in the history some where.

HeavenAbove

Quote from: Ghostwheel on November 30, 2013, 06:56:00 AM
Started reading the books and have reached book 3... at what point in the books will the game be set? For example, is magic even considered as being used as a weapon against the Strigoi? Or is there still a complete and utter ban on even the thought of it happening?

I'm thinking that this game will take place years after the story line from the books. The royal council is still uneasy about magic being used as a weapon, but they aren't completely opposed to it either. So there wouldn't be a ban.

Vampricprincessty

I love these books and have read them all! I am making a character for this!  ;D

HeavenAbove

Great :) So far the character sheets I have seen look great.

Vampricprincessty

Name: Arina Zeklos
Race: Moroi (Royal)
Position: Student
Element: Spirit

Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Arina has long, shoulder length blonde hair that falls in waves. Her eyes are a crisp hazel color that brightens with her smile. She has full lips and a pear shaped face. She is slender and tall like most Moroi. Her attire usually is something that is comfortable to wear. She likes to dress up but only if she has to attend court or a party. Her colors are normally lots of blues and blacks with no matter what she wears. She also loves wearing chokers around her neck.

Personality: Arina is not one of the Moroi that is full of herself. She knows her line and accepts it but she wants to be her own person as well. She has a bit of a toughness about her but she can really be sweet is she so chooses. A bubbly, giggly side of her comes out when she is a good party. This is mostly because she is probably wasted before the party is really started. Then there are times when she falls into a sudden depression and anxiety. It makes her grouchy and mean when around others as to not let them worry about her.

History: Arina was born into her royal family and kept away in secret. Her own brothers didn't know about her they were worried that she might be harmed while she was so young. So most of her childhood was a bit lonely. Her guardian took good care of her and she got rare visits from her actual family. She barely knew her father but she had plenty of pictures of him. His death is a sore spot for her but she would not blame is guardian for it. She rarely talks about her childhood anyway and would leave it in the past. Nothing good ever came from staying stuck in the past long and she learned that early on.

When she reached 14, Arina would sneak out of the home ran off to the nearest city. It would take her hours to hitch a ride but it was worth it once she was able to get out with other people. She would party and have fun for as long as she could until she was caught by her guardian and returned to her empty house. All she had to look forward to there was the guardian and her feeder. Getting out helped her explore more and drink. However one night was not careful at all as she partied. Her carefree habit catching the eye of a Strigoi while she was 16. She had not noticed the other Moroi in the party and a frenzy broke out. Strigoi came after the Moroi within the party and caused chaos. Her guardian had come just in time to try and rush her out only to get a mortal wound during the fight. His death haunts her because he felt her own real family. After that, she was sent to St. Vladmir's where she would be safe.

Kaisude

How often are you looking for us to post? I will be working and so after i will probably have only 1-2 hours to post though I will have weekends to myself.

HeavenAbove

Once a week is fine, I understand not everyone has a lot of time to spend making replies, no big deal.