News:

"The Most Precious Jewel [One Shot: NC-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Five Nights a Freddys

Started by WindVoyager, September 20, 2014, 02:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindVoyager

Its a high stress game. The atmosphere, the lack of lighting, the sounds, it all gets to you.

Inkidu

I don't like the fact that they move via offscreen teleportation. :\ Feels kinda cheap.

Still, I have yet to make it past 3am on night 1. It scares me too much. :P
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

WindVoyager

QuoteI don't like the fact that they move via offscreen teleportation. :\ Feels kinda cheap.

Bonnie is the one who telaprots the most. Its part of his charm.

Inkidu

"Charm," yeah. XP

I think that what has to happen is I have to lose a couple of times, because the sheer dread of just sitting there, not exactly knowing anything is going to give me a heart attack. :P
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

WindVoyager

Bonnie doesn't scare me. Fucking CHica how ever........good gods......that bird is super creepy. More so when she's starring in the camera with her lower mouth hanging open so you can see her endoskeleton

The fact all you can do is sit there the whole time makes it worse.

Inkidu

Yeah, I freaking quit when Chica looked at me in the dining room, right at the freaking camera mouth open. What the hell. I just hit the escape key. :P

WindVoyager

Its worse when she's camping outside your door and staring in and won't go the hell away

SinXAzgard21

I started playing the first game and have the second game as well.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

WindVoyager

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBDuCOs-ZV8

And the new teaser for FNaF 3

http://freddy-fazbears-pizza.wikia.com/wiki/Five_Nights_at_Freddy%27s_3

The Screaming fangirls and some fanboys are getting their pants, underwear and every everything else in a  its claiming its fox when its clearly not. That is Golden Freddy. In the first and second game GF is a ghost\hallucination hence the reason why he looks like Freddy. The "I am still here' could mean that the Purple Guy\Golden Freddy Killer is still going strong. Or if you want to go down the super creepy shadow filled road of headcanon land, that may be Mr Fabear himself.

Yes Mr Fazbear, the owner of the original restaurant and supposed creator of the Faz Bear crew. If that's not enough nightmare fuel, when he died he possessed the original  GF and has been controlling things from behind the curtian so to speak

Inkidu

Look, my personal theory is that the guy on the phone is punking the new guy, and that he's fallen asleep during his shift and the events of the game are a nightmare and when he "dies" he wakes up, (or when the shift is over he wakes up). No murder, no demon animations, just the overworked imagination of a night watchman.

That also explains why he goes back night after night. 

Though this is all mainly so I can actually play the game without getting a heart attack. :P

Sabby

I like the idea of these games, but... I really don't understand the level of terror they inspire in some of you. I mean, turning on the game, looking at nothing happen for less then a minute and then fleeing the computer in fear? I don't mean to sound insulting, I'm glad it's working on you, I just can't help but read these testimonies and scratch my head. I can understand the prolonged stress of looking at the hallway, but fear quitting before the intro phone call is even done? Really? It's not that scary guys...

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on January 05, 2015, 10:15:58 AM
I like the idea of these games, but... I really don't understand the level of terror they inspire in some of you. I mean, turning on the game, looking at nothing happen for less then a minute and then fleeing the computer in fear? I don't mean to sound insulting, I'm glad it's working on you, I just can't help but read these testimonies and scratch my head. I can understand the prolonged stress of looking at the hallway, but fear quitting before the intro phone call is even done? Really? It's not that scary guys...
There's a terror in nothing. The absence of anything can unsettle people. For example, there's a sound room that rates at about -9 decibels. That's literally so quiet all a human being can hear is the sound of his or her organs working. No human being has to date been able to stay in it longer than 45 minutes.

It itself might not be terrifying, but combine it with the ability to do next to nothing and you're quite literally waiting to die and it can be a combo punch for a lot of people. 

Sabby

I understand that, but less then a minute while someone is talking?

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on January 05, 2015, 11:41:06 AM
I understand that, but less then a minute while someone is talking?
Well, you're sitting there, having this guy describe exactly what they're going to do if they catch you. Real fear is never just one thing.

Sabby

Still sounds silly to me. It's an unsettling game, but I feel like people are grossly overselling it.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on January 05, 2015, 12:16:40 PM
Still sounds silly to me. It's an unsettling game, but I feel like people are grossly overselling it.
Well, fear is always an intimate thing. I found Dead Space scary and Alan Wake hardly that, but it will always vary. Something you find terrifying might give me no more pause than a swarm of butterflies.

Oniya

Quote from: Inkidu on January 05, 2015, 11:28:36 AM
For example, there's a sound room that rates at about -9 decibels. That's literally so quiet all a human being can hear is the sound of his or her organs working. No human being has to date been able to stay in it longer than 45 minutes.

Is it weird that part of my brain just reacted to that with 'Challenge Accepted'?  O_o
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Sabby

Quote from: Oniya on January 05, 2015, 12:58:01 PM
Is it weird that part of my brain just reacted to that with 'Challenge Accepted'?  O_o

Ever watched one of those videos on Ebaums World back in the day where it's just a creepy image that may or may not suddenly do something, and there's a sound rising so gradually that you don't notice it? Now imagine that, but along with the slowly rising booming, you can hear what sounds like something inside of you struggling more and more

Oniya

I have occasionally heard my own heartbeat when the house is quiet and I'm trying to sleep.  Same with my own digestive system.  It may not be very restful (and is usually annoying because it means I'm still awake dammit), but if I'm not actively trying to sleep, I think I could put up with it.  I'm one of those people that once I know what an unusual sound is, I can relegate it to 'unimportant.'
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Inkidu

Actually it's a bit of a brown note. Because "hearing your own organs working" doesn't quite cover it. It's the only sound. We hear tons of ambient sound and don't realize it or filter it out. At -9 decibels, it's not that it's quiet, it's that there is nothing to hear. It causes psychological issues.

Sabby

Have you seen the episode of Mythbusters where Kari tries chinese water torture? She was fine with that as well, but then out of no where she was struggling to not fall to pieces just from asking them to stop the experiment. I imagine this sound deprivation chamber would be like a full body version of that.

Inkidu

So, I got past night one and I haven't stopped shaking yet. :P

The sad thing is I decided that since the phone guy's message could eat up a lot of time before one of them moved I closed one door and would periodically turn on the light on the open one. :P

FUCKING BONNIE! GAH, looked to find him on the camera for fun and of fucking course he's staring right up into the GODDAMNED Camera! T__T

In the immortal words of Peter "Star Lord" Quill, "There's a little bit of pee coming out of me right now."

Sabby

There's some very good Rule 34 out there. Try that and you might be less intimidated.

Oniya

... I think that might make it more disturbing.

Sabby

Hey, your doctor tells you to pretend he's naked. Listen to the professionals!