News:

Main Menu

Five Nights a Freddys

Started by WindVoyager, September 20, 2014, 02:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindVoyager

Five Nights a Freddys, feel free to talk about yoru fav characters, best scares, ideas and theories. 

I love it. I've never played a game that has made me jump out of my chair, scream like a little girl an curse. Knowing that back story makes it WORSE. Apparently a night guard dressed up as Freddy Fazbear, lured some kids backstage and murdered them then stuffed their bodies into the animatronics so now they are possessed by the souls of the children that were murdered. Through some supernatural ability they can see through the cameras and watch you.

Out of all of them Bonnie has to be my favorite, he's giant purple bunny. He's kinda cute in a way. Then again when he begins to stare into the cameras  watching you the cute flies out the window and you are reminded you are dealing with sapeaint  malevolent beings.

I feel bad about slamming the door in his face but not so bad I'm going to leave it open and let him in so he can kill me.

Cognitive Brainfart

Pirate Cove... fuck that guy, seriously. Scared the crap out of me the first time  >:(

lesleymoon

Yeah I downloaded this game, or rather, the trial of it, and I don't know if it was just my phone or what but I didn't like it at all. I didn't get any of the scares or anything like that, just the robots that wound up attacking me. I could never see them on the cameras or anything so...yeah. I just wound up deleting it.

la dame en noir

I'm good

I watched Markiplier play it and thats all the Five Nights at Freddys I needed....
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Lustful Bride

Apparently the trailer for the sequel is out. *not sure if should be excited or terrified* :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVPONdZBh6s

Shjade

Quote from: NubianPrincess on September 21, 2014, 11:53:52 AM
I'm good

I watched Markiplier play it and thats all the Five Nights at Freddys I needed....

Honestly pretty sure I had more fun watching Markiplier than I would've playing it myself. Tend to be bored by horror games.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Melusine

This game has a huge plothole! Are we supposed to believe that the guy came back after the first night?!? Who in their right mind would do that? I understand that he probably needs the money and all, but you can't use your money if you're dead! Any sane person would have noped the fuck out of there after the first night, or even during.

Which could make for a great sequel! The mascots escape the confines of the pizza shop and stalk him in his own home...brrr...

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Melusine on October 22, 2014, 06:16:32 AM
This game has a huge plothole! Are we supposed to believe that the guy came back after the first night?!? Who in their right mind would do that? I understand that he probably needs the money and all, but you can't use your money if you're dead! Any sane person would have noped the fuck out of there after the first night, or even during.

Which could make for a great sequel! The mascots escape the confines of the pizza shop and stalk him in his own home...brrr...

Well there is a fan Theory by some that Mike knows whats going on and is purposefully staying there, investigating sometimes during the day and then surviving at night.

Shjade

I could see coming back after the first night. The first night almost nothing happens. Easy to think it's just some kind of machinery quirk, nothing serious.

Second night, though? Noooo way. Done. Donezo.
◕/◕'s

Melusine

Quote from: Shjade on October 22, 2014, 11:46:53 AM
I could see coming back after the first night. The first night almost nothing happens. Easy to think it's just some kind of machinery quirk, nothing serious.

Years of watching scary movies should clue anyone in on what these "machinery quirks" mean. I'm a huge sceptic, but if something like this happened to me in real life, I would have bailed the fuck outta there. Better safe than sorry. That's why I'll never say "Bloody Mary" three times in front of a mirror, either.

Aside from that though the game was indeed fun to watch. Not to play. I never play horror games, I just watch other people play them because I'm the hugest wimp. But this trailer is a bit disappointing. The setting seems to be similar, if I'm not mistaken. I think it would be more original to move the location for the sequel...

Lustful Bride

I hope that FNaF 3 becomes free roaming or something. So that scenes like this can become even funnier!  XD

Shjade

Quote from: Melusine on October 22, 2014, 12:45:24 PM
Years of watching scary movies should clue anyone in on what these "machinery quirks" mean. I'm a huge sceptic, but if something like this happened to me in real life, I would have bailed the fuck outta there. Better safe than sorry. That's why I'll never say "Bloody Mary" three times in front of a mirror, either.
I've done that. The Bloody Mary thing. I was in...second grade? Third grade? Somewhere around there. She totes killed my fase.

Years of scary movies don't make what happens in them real. If it were me, especially after listening to that long, rambling message about how quirky the machines are and what "rules" they have about after hours, I'd probably think that guy and his friends were just hazing the new guy by fucking around with the bots. Why would I first assume these animatronic animals are actually going to try to turn me into one of them in horrifyingly destructive fashion? They're friggin' toys. Big toys, sure, but still just toy-FOXYNO
◕/◕'s

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Shjade on October 23, 2014, 03:13:23 AM
They're friggin' toys. Big toys, sure, but still just toy-FOXYNO

Foxy: Surprise Motha Fucka *Scccrreeeeeeeeeeee*

XD...aahhh that is still terrifying.  :-[

Shjade

Tangent: a hacker in Dark Souls 2 made a Foxy character for invasions. >.>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CxZX3udeZA&t=3m9s

Hm. It won't skip to the right time on the link. Foxy invades at 3:10.
◕/◕'s

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Shjade on October 23, 2014, 11:32:47 PM
Tangent: a hacker in Dark Souls 2 made a Foxy character for invasions. >.>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CxZX3udeZA&t=3m9s

Hm. It won't skip to the right time on the link. Foxy invades at 3:10.

:o Holy shit he just obliterated that guy!!

Revelation

Quote from: Lustful Bride on October 23, 2014, 11:37:31 PM
:o Holy shit he just obliterated that guy!!

Yup, it's a hacker who looks like he was using infinite stamina and something to really sky rocket his attack speed - also it looked like he was breaking the dudes items. Not fun at all!

Shjade

Yeah, that whole video is just various hackers/cheaters Oroboro met doing funnier things than most hackers do, like making themselves super fast or turning weapons into ridiculous movesets.
◕/◕'s

WindVoyager

QuoteI hope that FNaF 3 becomes free roaming or something. So that scenes like this can become even funnier!

Foxxy is after him some booty. He's an ass pirate after all

QuoteWell there is a fan Theory by some that Mike knows whats going on and is purposefully staying there, investigating sometimes during the day and then surviving at night.

Its a pretty well accepted theory that Mike knows what's happening and was trying to blow the cover off everything. Mike is working at the new place though he's got the day shift since the new animtronics constantly peering into the office likely just creeped him out. In the sequel the new ones are not really a threat to you but they are creepy as hell and hit the uncanny valley though they are a threat to the old ones. Its pretty heavily theorized they beat the crap out of the old ones every time they catch them wondering around and drag them back to the small dark room

At that point its understandable the old ones are pretty pissed off at being treated like trash

QuoteI hope that FNaF 3 becomes free roaming or something. So that scenes like this can become even funnier

It would be nice for FNaF to be free roam but he current engine won't allow for it. -_-

Most of us would need to change their pants after opening a door and seeing that stare down at you. Keep in mind they are about seven feet tall so they are looking down at you

Sabby

Quote from: Lustful Bride on October 21, 2014, 06:22:52 PM
Apparently the trailer for the sequel is out. *not sure if should be excited or terrified* :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVPONdZBh6s

That... is incredibly disappointing. It looks like exactly the same game. I thought the logical next step was to give you full control. Imagine how friggen terrifying it would be to have to physically leave the security room to fix a problem? At the very least let me look from screen to screen. Have an actual security desk you need to interact with, with all the screens laid out, but on static by default, so you have to switch channels on them individually, with prolonged use of a single channel or screen burning it out, more active screens at one time draining more power and possibly causing problems that you need to leave the desk to resolve. Try replacing a fuse when you just checked the cameras and suddenly one of the animatronics is unaccounted for, or a camera between you and the fuse box is broken.

WindVoyager

QuoteThat... is incredibly disappointing. It looks like exactly the same game. I thought the logical next step was to give you full control. Imagine how friggen terrifying it would be to have to physically leave the security room to fix a problem?

The current game engine doesn't allow for that hence the reason why you can't walk around. That and Scott is working solo. If he used a better upgraded engine then you could walk around.

I'd love to see an enemy mine situation, were you can choose who's side you are on and there will be consequences for what ever side you are on like fending off the old or new animtronics while helping the others depending on who you side with

Sabby

I am interested now, though, so I looked on Youtube for a playthrough. Ya know, a good one, where someone listens and plays effectively. All I can find, however, are annoying Youtube celebs and their millions of boring impersonators.

Finding decent playthroughs of horror games (especially indie ones) is fucking impossible now. Thanks Markaplier.

Shjade

The thing is, a "plays effectively" run of Five Nights at Freddy's is extremely, extremely dull. Markiplier actually does a "legit" run of the game for his 7th night if you want to see what I'm talking about, but if you'd rather not see Even More Markiplier, I can sum up for you the entirety of top-level Five Nights at Freddy's play. It's a check list. Ready? Here it goes:

1 - close right door
2 - check Pirate Cove camera
3 - turn off camera
4 - open right door
5 - check right door light - if duck is present, close right door
6 - check left door light - if bunny is present, close left door, go to 7; if no bunny is present, go to 1
7 - close right door
8 - check Pirate Cove camera
9 - turn off camera
10 - open right door
11 - check right door light - if duck is present, close right door
12 - check left door light - if bunny has left, open left door, go to 1; if bunny still present, go to 7

If at any time Foxy has left Pirate Cove when you check the camera, close left door, check left hall to make Foxy run, open left door as soon as Foxy hits it (you hear him bang into the door), go to 1 (or 7 if bunny is still present).

And that's the game. Playing it "right" makes it not a horror game; it's a rhythm game. Seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5GfhGFVCFE
◕/◕'s

Sabby

I just want to see the story, not fake scare cams.

Shjade

...what story?

If you mean the answering machine messages, there's a youtube clip of just those recordings somewhere I'm sure. That's all the story there is.
◕/◕'s

WindVoyager

Quote...what story?

The story is in the game, you just have to have sharp eyes to see it. There's the bite of '87 which one of the characters bite someone on though it never says why or who and the incident was swept under the rug. A night guard, dressed up as one of the characters, lured some kids back stage and murdered them and hides the bodies in the animtronics. The murder is latter caught but the damage is done.  Scott has said that either Phone Guy or Mike has some sort of criminal record and may have even been framed for the murders.