News:

"The Most Precious Jewel [One Shot: NC-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Ready to Start

Started by DoctorGreen, May 26, 2010, 08:58:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorGreen

Name the five worst college courses you have enrolled in:
(5;worst , 1;alright, but still crappy
Me

1.Advanced Composition
2.Microsoft Word for Windows (Online)
3.Psychology ( Teacher was a bitch)
4.Business Math ( Yey! Fractions. . . . again.)
5.Music Listening. . .  is hell
Dr. G

Paradox

I've been lucky enough to have had a mostly positive college experience, but some of my lower level courses from a few years ago definitely annoyed me:

5) An public speaking class online: Online..public speaking. Think about it.

4) Introduction to Sociology: The professor (This guy) spent half of the semester teaching us about a book he wrote about Black Islam. That would be fine for a 400-level Topics course, but not a fucking 200-level introductory course that was supposed to give a broad overview of sociological concepts.

3) ITE 115: Let's learn how to turn on the computer and use a mouse!

2) Statistics: One or two smart people would do the work, and the rest would just copy it.

1) Introduction to English Studies: The class only met once a week for 50 minutes. We would listen to a different guest speaker each week as they told us about why we should major in English, even though about 90% of the class had already declared English as their major. Such a waste of time.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

DoctorGreen

Ugh, I feel the pain of those classes my man. Public speaking, Online. Thats like wipeing before you poop. It doesn't make any sense.
Dr. G

Will

I guess I'm pretty lucky; I'm not sure I could come up with five classes that were truly terrible.  I'll give it a shot, though.

1. American Literature, first half.  This was some of the most god awful reading I've ever had to do for any class, college or otherwise.  On top of that, the professor was extremely verbose and monotonal.  And he thought he was funny.

2. BIO 101.  I'm afraid I just have no interest in life sciences... I got an A in it, but still, it's just not my thing.  What made it really horrible was the professor.  He would spend the first 15 minutes of the class surfing Youtube for clips about the subject we were discussing, and then spend the next 15 minutes playing them one at a time, only to discern midway through each clip that it wasn't what he wanted, was too deep and detailed for our class, was too simple for our class, etc.  So incredibly frustrating.

3. Fundamentals of Public Speaking.  I barely passed this class.  We had a handful of practice speeches, but the professor never gave us ANY feedback on them, so I had no idea what problem areas to focus on.  I failed the first graded speech, and we only had three.  Luckily I did really well on the next two, due to the fact that I knew what problem areas to focus on.

4. CIS 146.  Microsoft Office!  Gah.  I use Firefox and Open Office, and this class forced me to use IE and Microsoft Office.  More irritating than anything else, I guess.

5. Introduction to Sociology.  This class was only bad because the professor spoke in SUCH a monotone.  I honestly have trouble not nodding off in classes like that.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

DoctorGreen

for some reason i enjoyed my sociology class.
Dr. G

Nico

1. English History (Prof was a pain, but the class was okay.)
2. Ethics (it was plain boring - nothing I didn't know already)
3. Literature (because the prof was boring like a sleeping pill. I fell asleep in this class)
4. Accounting (MEH!)
5. Algebra (Gods, I hated it. Fell through three times. Yeah, I am total Math genius..not)

and I have to tell my favourite classes as well :D (all in Art school)

1. Contemporary Art (Basic class)
2. Graphic Design and Presentation(both basic and advanced class)
3. Marketing 101 (basic course)
4. Colouring and Storyboard Design (advanced class)
5. Public Speaking (advanced class)

Will

Quote from: DoctorGreen on May 26, 2010, 01:37:21 PM
for some reason i enjoyed my sociology class.

I would have enjoyed mine too with a different professor.  This guy really missed his calling.  He should have been an anesthesiologist.  "Now, count backwards from 100..." Zzzzzzz
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

DoctorGreen

hahaha, been there for sure
Dr. G