News:

Main Menu

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Started by Sabby, April 29, 2009, 08:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

A Batman game that doesn't suck? That what its starting to look like :D

The general premise is that Bats has hauled Joker off to the Asylum, playing right into his game, delivering him to the Asylum where he breaks loose and assumes control of the island, trapping you in it with the crazies. Your main objectives seem to be to take him down and escape, no easy task considering your totally outnumbered by insane, gun toting, pipe wielding convicts, many of which you helped put away.

The game seems a seamless blend of stealth and combat, something that a lot of very mediocre games have toted in the past, but to see all this in action (in the video walkthrough and the few trailers) totally dismissed any fears I had of this being a Streets of LA style mash up of gameplay styles.

The fighting looks absolutely brutal and theres a surprising amount of depth and tactics in the more subtle approaches. The physics engine looks killer too. Tossing a dude at a wall, or using the grappling hook to yank him off a railing... <3

Inkidu

I read that in Game Informer months ago, is it out yet?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

I think June is the month. Seems all the good ones are penned for that time.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on April 29, 2009, 10:22:42 PM
I think June is the month. Seems all the good ones are penned for that time.
Huh, typically (Here in the Up Over) summer months are the slow season.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

The Overlord

I may sound so terribly out of it by admitting this, but it wasn't until the most recent Batman films that I even knew the character canon had direct Lovecraft references.

Sabby

I don't read comics, but I think majority of comics that get modern day films mature a lot and change, and for Batman it seems for the better. Adam West punching foam sharks in his underpants was lame... but buff, gravely voiced Bats kicking the shit out of thugs and breaking them against walls (and zipping way quick enough so that everyone turns just in time to see the bodies) is friggen killer.

I gots high hopes for this game ^___^

Transgirlenstein

I can't wait.  Going to grab this as soon as it comes out then lock myself away to play it.  By the end of it I expect to have snapped and be running around my flat in the shadows wearing a towel for a cape and saying "I'm Batman".
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Inkidu

Speaking of semi-movie games I heard Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena or whatever the subtitle is fo the 360 is actually a really good steal-action game. It's supposed to be the remake of Butcher Bay and I never got to play that.

Um something cool about Batman to put it back on topic. XD

Sabby

Delayed... September is now the new expected month :(