Icon Meanings

Started by Branwen, May 01, 2011, 08:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Branwen

In the forum display, the first two columns are given over to icons.  Obviously the pushpin is a notice, and the padlock means it's locked.  What do the other icons mean?  For example, this one: 

And why do some posts show this or this and some don't?  Is there some documentation I can read?

Beguile's Mistress

The first icon, showing a smiley over a page indicates you've posted in that thread.

The first of the round smileys is a grin and the second is a smile.  I believe that if you hover your cursor over the icons when they appear or look at the icon legend at the bottom of the forum page a descriptive phrase is shown for that icon.

If you are approved you'll be able to select the set of smileys you would like to have in your posts.

Branwen

Thank you for the concise explanation.  I shall mark that question 'well answered'

Beguile's Mistress

You're welcome and also welcome to Elliquiy! :-)

Please don't hesitate to ask any other questions that come to mind, either in this forum or in your thread.  We have tons of helpful people in our community so it shouldn't take long to get an answer.