Interest Check: Future Dystopian Sci Fi/ Fantasy

Started by RegretNot, June 21, 2018, 10:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RegretNot

Setting:  In 2234 the world changed, we feared AI to come from beneath our feet but unknown to us it had sent for help to take control of the Earth.  The sentient machines, The Liera, came to earth and despite our technology those to rise up against them and put up the fight were women and men of spirit over science.  The protectors of Earth, Praetorians, were warriors gifted with abilities that they used to battle the menace of the Liera.  This war spanned almost a dozen years before the Liera integrated itself with the technology and culture of our own.  Despite the warnings of the Praetorians the leadership of man did not heed their warning and thus became conquered.  Cities became rising spires of technology beyond what humans could fathom but under the iron fist of The Liera. 

The year is 2251, the Liera have had control of the Earth for near a decade but there are many who still remember the glory and battles of humanity but so many more that accept that their control cannot be broken.  Praetorians are subject to instant execution by peace officers of the regime and their symbol is outlawed.  Despite this a brave few have remained hidden and continued to build through the tutelage of the few remaining protectors.

Players: Praetorians, hopeful Praetorians, and those that support them would be the focus.  They can be anywhere from new to those that served in the war against the Liera and somehow escaped capture and execution. 

Sci Fi and Fantasy? : This will be a world of great technology controlled by the Liera contrasted against the more supernatural powers that the Praetorians cultivate, sometimes the fantasy will blend right into the technology making it technology that no longer bows to science fully.  It can be as bending as magic of the elements to control over technology that runs counter to the Liera (mechs, zords, AI with human personality, etc.). 

Notes:

- This game will not be smut focused but it is something that happens and will get it's own private thread, LGBTQ friendly. 

- Powers and abilities will be worked on and focused with ideas from players who are interested if there seems to be a base that supports this game. 

- The only roles that will be restricted will be Liera leadership (ruler, general, government officials), those that are human sympathizer would be allowed on a limited basis. 

Ask away if you have any questions or let me know if this interests you.  Thanks for reading. 

Hamadryad

I'd be interested. Does this mean you could be either faction (praetorian or Liera)? And are combat characters the focus? Or could cyberpunk popstars/celebrities be a thing too? Like entertainers.

RegretNot

I was looking for the story to focus on those against the Liera but that doesnt mean all of these characters have to be human, such as human sympathizer Liera or Earth born AI. 

I am more interested in how the humans resist and try to reclaim Earth, this doesnt mean it will be done by combat or combat alone. 

This is a society where the Liera are in control but humans keep living lives albeit shaped by their oppressors, I am sure entertainers are still very much a part of society and the Liera see their value in focusing humans on something else than their defeat.

Anymore questions ask away, this is a setting idea and I look to those interested to add depth to it with their own creativity.

RegretNot

Inspiration for this setting include: Judge Dredd, Blade Runner, Total Recall, Bright, Power/Rangers Bootleg Universe, Shadowrun.

Source for Power/Rangers Bootleg Universe here.  (Warning Graphic Violence)